PDA

View Full Version : What is legal?

10-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Hey, I just had a question of what exactly is legal and what is not in home protection, I know it's a fine line. I live in Brownsville and my vehicle's have been broken into numerous times. I've heard my door knob tested early in the morning as well but someone is always home here so our house has never been burglarized. However, all the stuff stolen out of my cars is starting to cost a lot. I've recently gotten out of the infantry, I have been overseas multiple times and am familiar with firearms and detaining people. My question is when is it ok to shoot. Also what are the laws regarding detaining someone breaking into your property. I would much rather detain someone and have the police deal with them then shoot them. Thanks.

10-25-2008, 09:25 PM
If someone is breaking into your car you can not shoot them. You should know rules of engagement from being in a combat zone. You can not use deadily force to protect property, only life. If you stand your ground in your home and someone breaks into your home you can use deadily force to protect yourself and your family.

If you were in your car, getting carjacked or robbed, you could also use deadily force.

As for detaining someone, leave that to us because we know what we are doing. I would hate for you to try to detain someone and get shot in the face for your efforts just because someone was stealing your ipod.

10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Thank you for the response, good to know. For the record we shoot looters in a war zone.

10-30-2008, 05:14 AM
I certainly hope you did not shoot someone for looting. Thats a violation of rules of engagement unless your protecting vital military assets. I was in Iraq and I certainly did not shoot a hadji for stealing food from a market. Be specific in your comments because you make veterans look bad by saying such a general statement.

10-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Referring to muslims as hadji's does not make you look bad though. What other kind of slurs you want to throw out there? If you were in Iraq you would know that hadji is a derogatory term that muslims find offensive. And he said looting, not shoplifting genius.

10-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Shooting looters is not a violation of the R.O.E. look it up. Assaults on property, hijacking automobiles and violent crimes are dealt with using deadly force. This also goes on in the United States when martial law is declared, soldiers are authorized to use deadly force to stop looting.

10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Actually, hadji is considering a title of honor for a muslim that made the trip to mecca. Soldiers, we called all muslim's hadji's as sort of a slang term. So get your facts right idiot, since you were not there you dont have a clue.

11-01-2008, 04:45 AM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
We should be able to protect our belongings on our property that we pay taxes for. If we did shoot, there would be less crime.

01-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Crime is out of control now in escambia county, more murders this year then last. What the heck is going on? Now that Obama is in office maybe we will see a change!!!

01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
You will see a change. It is called a sense of entitlement. You won't like it.