PDA

View Full Version : WTF?? call crack a potato chip...

10-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Ok OK !!!! last night just disgusted me.............I became a police officer to protect those who cannot protect themselves, take criminals off the street, and over all serve the public trust......

what is with our Sgts. telling us in briefing that next time we see a "crack" cookie in a car to maybe second guess that it could be a potato chip ????? Since when do we overlook drugs ?? This was said in front of a lot of people, mostly NEW OFFICERS who are very impressionable.......why would a Sgt. say that ???? what are they showing us new hires ??? I am in utter shock and disbelief that we were told "DO NOT ARREST FOR DRUGS" (it was hidden in words but the meaning was there).....

For once I felt the same as JS who challanged what was said but was quickly told to shut up.....

Is that even ethical ???? I am having serious issues and know that I cannot be on a shift or work for somebody who rather turn a blind eye to crime then take action..... I am very dissapointed and not the only one who feels this way.....................

10-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Ok OK !!!! last night just disgusted me.............I became a police officer to protect those who cannot protect themselves, take criminals off the street, and over all serve the public trust......

what is with our Sgts. telling us in briefing that next time we see a "crack" cookie in a car to maybe second guess that it could be a potato chip ????? Since when do we overlook drugs ?? This was said in front of a lot of people, mostly NEW OFFICERS who are very impressionable.......why would a Sgt. say that ???? what are they showing us new hires ??? I am in utter shock and disbelief that we were told "DO NOT ARREST FOR DRUGS" (it was hidden in words but the meaning was there).....

For once I felt the same as JS who challanged what was said but was quickly told to shut up.....

Is that even ethical ???? I am having serious issues and know that I cannot be on a shift or work for somebody who rather turn a blind eye to crime then take action..... I am very dissapointed and not the only one who feels this way.....................

If that is true; I wasnt there; that is sad coming from a supervisor. All I can write is that this is something that is not new and has happened many times before. I know, Ive been here long enough to see that with the now retired supervisors. For the most part it is better than back in the days, and dont get me wrong im not defending what was said.
Nothing wrong with making drug arrrests, they too commit burglaries and robberies and is a tool for taking scum off the streets. Did you ask the sgt to clarify what he meant? By all means if you identify an object; based on your training and experience; take it off the streets and make the appropriate charge. Drugs on State Rd 7 is rampant, and making an arrest on them is like shooting fish in a barrel. Our VICE is not aloud to work after dark, and there are only two who I can think of pulling their weight in there anyways. And they are not even going to sniff at hand to hand transaction without large weight anyways. I suggest you just keep doing what youre doing and let the chips (no pun) fall where they may. You cant be or shouldnt be punished for doing your job. The face of this city is changing and one way or another the city and the admin is going to have to change with it, even if they dont like it. It has become more violent and crime stats are out of control.
Thats why I have seen many good officers here leave and now they are working where they should have been all the long. Some now even supervisors, some in specialized units and even Administrators.
You may feel like the wind was knocked out of your sails by what was said, every agency has a direction in which it wants to go, and aggressive hard working officers is not what they seek. What they are looking for are mindless report takers to handle the calls, not investigators.. Maybe its time you start looking around to other agencies that might work better for you. Im not trying to be smart, but the department is not going to change over night for what you believe in...
Anyways do what you think is right and look out for each other out there cause you have to have each others backs.
Stay safe all!!!

10-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Shift bid comes once a year. Soon those two will return to day shift where they will conduct fictitious IA investigations and all around never make a positive impact on anyone. Unfortunately the numbers are stacked against us and we will be given some other Shit-don't stink supervisor who will come and try to change things he/she knows nothing about.

just keep smiles on in briefing and remind yourself that neither of those two ever did anything worth a damn.

10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
How the hell did this guy become a sergeant? :?

10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
WHAT SUPERVISOR SAID THAT!>?????

07-21-2009, 08:13 AM
the same one that wrote one of our Officers family members a ticket many years ago when he was an Officer , but quickly preaches "we must stick together"......................."people dont forget"

07-22-2009, 01:10 AM
the same one that wrote one of our Officers family members a ticket many years ago when he was an Officer , but quickly preaches "we must stick together"......................."people dont forget"

Talking about a someone trying to bring up old stuff, when was the last post made, who cares if someone's family member got a ticket! Our family never violates traffic laws, yea ok try again, I've had family members receive tickets, so what, why would someone think they or their family should be excluded from lawful enforcement by any police officer. Respect yourself first, this all goes back to accepting responsibility for your personal actions. Just have them pay the citation and get on with whatever keeps them ticking.

07-25-2009, 10:39 PM

Talking about a someone trying to bring up old stuff, when was the last post made, who cares if someone's family member got a ticket! Our family never violates traffic laws, yea ok try again, I've had family members receive tickets, so what, why would someone think they or their family should be excluded from lawful enforcement by any police officer. Respect yourself first, this all goes back to accepting responsibility for your personal actions. Just have them pay the citation and get on with whatever keeps them ticking.

WTF !!!!! dont tell us the guy that screams at us all night, "we have to stick together" is the same one writing fellow Officers from our agency family members cites........ figures................he procrastinates often too much.....

07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Way to go "M", keep the brotherhood alive............................

07-25-2009, 10:43 PM

I'll quote you next time I catch one of your spouses running a red light or speeding in a school zone.........so you better tell them speeding up to beat a red light or driving "5" over in a school zone is fair game too............... I'll be there....

07-29-2009, 01:52 AM

I'll quote you next time I catch one of your spouses running a red light or speeding in a school zone.........so you better tell them speeding up to beat a red light or driving "5" over in a school zone is fair game too............... I'll be there....

So be it, :eat the ticket!" what makes you better than the average citizen out there? You know how stupid you make us all look to them by complaining. We've all gotton tickets.. your no better and not above the law! Please give it a rest, cowboy or girl up, and stop the bleeding already! Its bad enough Hollywood cops got busted for doctoring up a DUI case...

09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
not suprised

09-20-2009, 05:37 AM
not suprised

Come on big D