PDA

View Full Version : Another lying/cheating husband and wife team at LPD

10-08-2008, 02:29 AM
http://www.theledger.com/article/200810 ... estigation (http://www.theledger.com/article/20081007/NEWS/810070348/1134?Title=1_Police_Officer_Fired__1_Quits_in_Pay_ Investigation)

1 Police Officer Fired, 1 Quits in Pay Investigation

By Jeremy Maready
THE LEDGER

Published: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 10:10 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 10:10 p.m.

LAKELAND | A Lakeland police officer resigned during an internal investigation and his officer wife was fired after the pair failed to provide military deployment orders explaining why they each missed more than a week of work, according to LPD internal investigators.

Officer Vincent Jackson, who was hired by LPD in January 2007, resigned July 11, before the investigation was complete. His annual salary was $39,062.

Investigators found that he had missed 16 days of work in the spring, which he was paid for, but wasn't able to provide the proper military documentation, according to LPD records released last month.

Jackson had told a supervisor that he and his wife, Nicole Jackson, both in the Army Reserve, were going to be deployed. The LPD investigation showed the couple never received official deployment orders.

Nicole Jackson, who was hired in October 2007, was fired June 16. Her annual salary was $40,040.

Detectives found she had missed eight days of work, for which she was paid, but also could not provide the proper orders, documents showed.

LPD has recouped the money it paid the Jacksons for the time they did not work, documents said.

The pair notified their supervisors in a February e-mail that they expected to be deployed after their annual training, records showed. A few weeks later, Vincent Jackson told one of his supervisors, Lt. Larry Giddens, that the couple would be deployed within the country for one year, effective March 24.

After that, there was no communication until Giddens received a handwritten "sticky note" in May from Vincent Jackson telling him that funding issues were delaying their deployment and that the Jacksons might be returning to work soon.

But they never returned as they indicated, and LPD supervisors had difficulty tracking down the couple, documents showed.

Investigators learned that while the pair had received annual training orders, official deployment orders were never issued.

The couple say they were given "implied" orders to stay on base until the deployment orders were issued. The Jacksons stayed at an Orlando base, working without pay, documents said.

They argued that if they left the base and their orders were sent and backdated, they could be held accountable for their absence in military court, despite their obligations to their full-time employer, LPD.

The couple was not available for comment, according to LPD officials.

10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Sounds like the Wilsons have a new couple to cruise to Alaska with!

10-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Hopefully everyone sees this for what it is. This is old news, why is it just now making it to the Ledger. Could it be that the slickster, we know as the COP, is trying to get the heat off of him and the Wilsons by making it look discipline is administered on the up and up around here. SORRY CHIEF, WE ARE NOT FOOLED AND WE STILL HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOU, YOUR ASSISTANTS OR DOUGIE.

10-08-2008, 05:42 AM
So the Jacksons lied, cheated, and stole and got fired. But then the Wilsons only lied, cheated, and stole, so they got a far less severe punishment. That makes sense to me. Oh wait, I think they did the SAME thing, why not equal punishment? This just boosts my lack of confidence. This place is a friggin joke.

Lonewolf1
10-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Neither the Jacksons or the Wilsons can compete with the original and still champion lying and cheating team in LPD history.....hint...one is on the 3rd floor and the other is probably still in the meditation room with a headache.

10-08-2008, 02:06 PM
OK, Im just Joe Citizen and not up on whats happening there. Why was one couple fired, and if they were guilty they should be, and the other couple not? Was the lower ranking couple only following the example of those above them? Maybe they figured that if a Lt and Sgt can cheat and lie to the taxpayers of Lakeland and get away with it, they can too?? Why are the taxpayers in your town not up in arms about the Lt and Sgt? Times are bad enough in the tax budget without handing hard earned tax dollars out to liars and cheaters. Where is the State Attorney, the Attorney General, FDLE, FBI? Are they doing the same thing with our tax dollars and afraid of being caught if they investigate properly and prosecute? Holy cow people. No wonder we are in this financial mess. I work hard so others dont have too? I expect that in the welfare rolls, but not in the Police Department, and see that it is tolerated with rank.

10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Joe Citizen I'd say you pretty much got it figured out. That's kinda why we're pissed too if ya hadn't noticed.

Lonewolf1
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
OK, Im just Joe Citizen and not up on whats happening there. Why was one couple fired, and if they were guilty they should be, and the other couple not? Was the lower ranking couple only following the example of those above them? Maybe they figured that if a Lt and Sgt can cheat and lie to the taxpayers of Lakeland and get away with it, they can too?? Why are the taxpayers in your town not up in arms about the Lt and Sgt? Times are bad enough in the tax budget without handing hard earned tax dollars out to liars and cheaters. Where is the State Attorney, the Attorney General, FDLE, FBI? Are they doing the same thing with our tax dollars and afraid of being caught if they investigate properly and prosecute? Holy cow people. No wonder we are in this financial mess. I work hard so others dont have too? I expect that in the welfare rolls, but not in the Police Department, and see that it is tolerated with rank.

Well, JW if you are really pissed off about it, you, your family, and your friends should be ringing the phones off the hook at City Hall asking Dougie Boy Thomas WTF is going on? It is obvious that neither he nor anyone else at City Hall or the City Commission is going to listen to anything the officers have to say, but if enough taxpaying citizens raise hell, it will stir the pot.

Get a neighborhood petition together and have it signed by everyone in your neighborhood and give it to city hall and whoever your commissioner is. Sometimes it only takes one person to get the ball rolling toward change.

By the way, thanks for being involved enough to ask the questions and not taking the Ledger or City Manager at face value.

10-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Joe Citizen who fiqured out the big picture 100x's faster than our leadership. You Sir may also want to ask why qualified officers with example records are not working here. None of them took part in a crime, they just got hurt or sick while employed here. You also may want to know why our leaders are allowed to limp around here and get rid of those same officers. If more decent residents like you questioned this you would see why hard working officers are painted as something quite less. Thank you for you common sense and asking questions we cant. That is if we still want our jobs. There are different rules for who you are here.

10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
So the Jacksons lied, cheated, and stole and got fired. But then the Wilsons only lied, cheated, and stole, so they got a far less severe punishment. That makes sense to me. Oh wait, I think they did the SAME thing, why not equal punishment? This just boosts my lack of confidence. This place is a friggin joke.

The one truly fired officer out of these four bozos was the WHITE officer. The other three were black.

Hmmmmm.....

10-09-2008, 06:13 AM
When will it ever end? Scandal after scandal. Time for a "Citizen's Review Board" over in Lakeland. It's long overdo.

Lonewolf1
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
When will it ever end? Scandal after scandal. Time for a "Citizen's Review Board" over in Lakeland. It's long overdo.

Just what we need a citizen review board with criminals on the panel

JONES, LESLIE T 2004-019479 Inmate Name: JONES, LESLIE T Release Date: 09/28/2004 Booking Number: 2004-019479 Booking Date: 08/24/2004 Race: W Sex: M DOB: 03/01/1963 Height: 511 Weight: 180 Location: TRANSFERRED TO BOOKING Arresting Agency: LAKELAND POLICE DEPT. Hold: N Hold for: Disposition of Hold: DNA: ? Registered Felon Date: 01/16/2007 AKA No known AKA Charge Number 1 Statute: 810.02(3D) BURGL-OF OCCUPIED CONVEYANCE AND UNARMED Charge on arrest docket: BURGLARY Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 2 Statute: 812.014(2C1) LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: GRAND THEFT Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 3 Statute: 810.02(4) BURGL-OF STRUCTURE CONVEYANCE UNARMED WO PERS INSIDE Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND BURGLARY A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 4 Statute: 812.014(2E) LARC-PETIT 1ST DEGREE PROPERTY 100 TO UND 300 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND PETIT THEFT A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: TISR Upgrade/Reduction:

10-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Good job Lonewolf. Show him for what he is.

10-10-2008, 02:20 AM

Just what we need a citizen review board with criminals on the panel

JONES, LESLIE T 2004-019479 Inmate Name: JONES, LESLIE T Release Date: 09/28/2004 Booking Number: 2004-019479 Booking Date: 08/24/2004 Race: W sex: M DOB: 03/01/1963 Height: 511 Weight: 180 Location: TRANSFERRED TO BOOKING Arresting Agency: LAKELAND POLICE DEPT. Hold: N Hold for: Disposition of Hold: DNA: ? Registered Felon Date: 01/16/2007 AKA No known AKA Charge Number 1 Statute: 810.02(3D) BURGL-OF OCCUPIED CONVEYANCE AND UNARMED Charge on arrest docket: BURGLARY Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 2 Statute: 812.014(2C1) LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: GRAND THEFT Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 3 Statute: 810.02(4) BURGL-OF STRUCTURE CONVEYANCE UNARMED WO PERS INSIDE Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND BURGLARY A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 4 Statute: 812.014(2E) LARC-PETIT 1ST DEGREE PROPERTY 100 TO UND 300 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND PETIT THEFT A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: TISR Upgrade/Reduction:

The topic is more police corruption over at LPD. Money and the mediation room seem to be the hot ticket over there.
I'm still working for some of your cop friends. Keep posting my record. I don't care and neither do the "GOOD" cops I'm helping. Catch - 22.

10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
The one truly fired officer out of these four bozos was the WHITE officer. The other three were black.

Hmmmmm.....

---I agree, but wasn't she fired because she was still on probation and the others were not?

01-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Hmmmmm.....

---I agree, but wasn't she fired because she was still on probation and the others were not?

If I remember right the new black female Sgt., when promoted, was on probation, too.

01-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Damn, I thought we had a jacked up PD. You guys are clowns. Keep it up and way to make the paper down here! Making us all look great.

FLPD

01-20-2009, 10:32 PM
YOU HAVE NO IDEA BROTHER!!! NO IDEA!! YOU ALL ARE ANGELS DOWN THERE!