PDA

View Full Version : How important is FWC LE?

10-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Really, how important do you think you are in these hard economic times? You really think game and fish trump environmental, domestic, scholastic, and public safety issues over a fish case... get real!! just like the judicial system thinks of your cases... a joke!

10-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Public Safety is a big part of the job no matter what you read here. Now go back into your crown vic and turn left. :evil:

10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Public safety? They dont let you all enforce real police laws. When you do, you have to write a 5 page report. Hahaa. I love my crown vic! Stay safe...............

10-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Public safety? They dont let you all enforce real police laws. When you do, you have to write a 5 page report. Hahaa. I love my crown vic! Stay safe...............
Now thats a stupid thing to write. In my career I have written most of those type of cases you mention. Although I can't think of what a scholastic case might be. The freedom offered by a career in FWC allows an officer to target many different types of violations. What FWC does not offer is a living wage or even the hopes of one.

10-09-2008, 02:27 AM
I cant beleive anybody would even succomb to this looser's post, which was just trying to stir the pot. The OP is obviously somebody who wishes they worked for FWC. The pay may not be anywhere it should be, but WE DO HAVE THE BEST JOB IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.......PERIOD! Stop entertaining haters like this.

10-09-2008, 03:52 AM
I cant beleive anybody would even succomb to this looser's post, which was just trying to stir the pot. The OP is obviously somebody who wishes they worked for FWC. The pay may not be anywhere it should be, but WE DO HAVE THE BEST JOB IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.......PERIOD! Stop entertaining haters like this.

I agree with you! (except for the part about FWC being best job in LE.)

10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
First off I am with FHP and wanted to thank you all for your job that you do. I believe FWC is very important part of "LE". What other agencies besides DEP and FWC is dedicated to conservation, protecting people and the environment. You all are the front line of protecting Florida natural resources. A poacher is not going to run into a city cop. 10-49, or a trooper out in the woods. The only fear these people have of getting caught is running into FWC. I believe that if we did not have FWC out there and these hunters and fishers were going unregulated Florida's environmental system would suffer greatly.

To all the people that say FWC is not law enforcement or they never see them when they need help. I have met several of your officers and they have assisted me on sig 4's and 10-50's. I have backed you all up as well when I see you out as well. On one of my days off I went on a ride with DEP to see what they do and I was greatly impressed with what they do as well. In the future I hope to do a ride with your agency. In conclusion I believe many LEO's have no idea what FWC or DEP even does and these insults come from ignorance. I am also sure many of the officers that make these comments would not be able to handle the job you all do. I know for a fact you all are out in the woods sometimes with NO BACKUP and it is only you in the violator and it is no cake-walk like many claim. Be safe out there.

10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Its not completely an officer level issue. Its an agency mentality. Officers in the field have tried to take action when needed and the FWC uppers give them grief for doing so. "Were not the SO" blah blah blah. I have seen it first hand and you can tell by looking at some of the policies. Also, there are officers (mostly the sorry old timers) that feed that mentality as the younger officers try to do the right thing. The FMP was a great agency and did what they had to do when needed. The FWC (GFC) has gone down hill and is obviously not the place to be according to these posts. Looks at these posts....its pitiful. I hope all of the good officers leave and go to sheriffs offices or police departments. They are spinning thier wheels with the FWC except for a few places that actually have police mentality supervisors, which arent alot. Until the agency changes up top, nothing will change. Those hats.......wow.......is that for real? Take care and stay safe...........

11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Pretty sad, that you have to pull an incident number and write a narrative just to issue an open container ticket (infraction). That right there, should confirm what type of police minded mentality upper management has. :oops: