PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch Question

10-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Do your dispatchers work 5 8's?
I tried calling HR. They transferred me to Personnel. Got an answering machine.
Thanks!

10-03-2008, 01:12 AM
the question is......do they work at all????
(disclaimer: this relates to 95% of the dispatchers......5% are qru....and know what they are doing)

they are to fu*king busy watching TV, stuffing their faces, and talking sh*t!!!! and NEVER listen to the radio........HORRIBLE!!!!!

WE SHOULD HAVE *****COUNTY****** dispatchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

10-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Damn , you got that right, especially on mids.................(qsm-confirming and verifing) is all you hear from a certain dispatcher. :cop:

10-04-2008, 12:33 PM
[quote="Fed Up with Disptach!"]the question is......do they work at all????
(disclaimer: this relates to 95% of the dispatchers......5% are qru....and know what they are doing)

they are to fu*king busy watching TV, stuffing their faces, and talking sh*t!!!! and NEVER listen to the radio........HORRIBLE!!!!!

Darn right... They start out all nice and slim then they get huge and *****y... But I hear they get a group discount on stomach stapling...

10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I love that no one posts their names on this thing..lol
If you have so much anger, why don't you man up and put your name on this sh-t?

Dispatch would love to know who needs special "A.D.D." help. Especially since most of you (95 %, 5 % are qru) sound like you are suckin eachothers d-cks when you talk on the radio!

And for the pathetic, coward that puts people's names out there, come up to the 4th floor and say it to our faces! poor baby needs to talk sh-t on this blog to make him feel like a hero.

guess you are used to the crackheads that pay attention to you out there on the road...
She doesn't pay attention to you and you probably go home crying and hoping she would even f-ck-ng look at you.

So, i guess you should go and print out your county app. I am sure that being in the gables going to barking dog calls makes you ready for 330s and real 315s.... And this is why the county laughs at your ass...BOLO for real officers in the gables???
But I do agree, we are not dispatchers. We babysit gables wannabe cops ALL DAY long....its exhausting since dispatchers eat and paint their nails all day long.

Hope you can phone a friend or buy a lifeline...these dispatchers don't have time since we are shopping for our 2-for-1 stomach stapling.

10-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Kudos for the last entry. How do you spell coward? Spell it the way you see it. Some joker hides behind a screen name and then points the finger at a specific person who works at CGPD.

What the hell is that all about? Can someone explain how some low brow idiot can just get away with that.

You know you're so right about having the county come in and take over dispatch. The crybaby attitudes would stop. Oops no 12's and no 58's. The constant qsying and unecessary info that an officer needs would cease to exist. The county dispatcher doesn't repeat a call 5 times to the units. Usually it's a one liner and off you go.

So bring on the county. I sure could use a break from stuffing my face and watching tv.

10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
It would be nice to hear a professional dispatcher from county versus the pathetic hearing impaired dispatchers we have. As far as the quality of cops well, we have to answer the calls that we get whatever it might be. Funny how you "wanna be " dispatcher sound like idiots on the radio trying to tells us how to do our job. I realize that no one put you in your place but learn your job. At the end of the day, we are the ones on the road and we are the ones that tell you what to do. The difference between cops and dispatchers and is that we put up with your shit and you guys just run to your supervisor the minute something is done wrong like little children. By the way, during hot calls stop trying to answer questions and disturbinbg the air, u sound like idiots and are really causing a safety issue. Your responsibility is put the call out and our responsibility is to complete the call. DO YOUR JOB AND LET US DO OURS. It would be great though to get rid of all of you and let the county babysit us as you say. The only problem is that, our new officers will have no one to sleep with :(

10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Get your information straight, county officers take 12's at the time they feel is appropriate. Not like us that we have to rely and you to clear us. So depending who you are , is the order you clear officers for 12's and 58's. And this is not for all our dispatchers we have a few good one and you know who you are. But for those of you that know who you are, this definitely applies to you!

10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
lol Yes, you guys are sooo busy. I agree that getting caught soliciting prostitution while in uniform must be draining. Let's not talk about peoples sexual partners...male tramps. WHINERS!

10-07-2008, 12:06 AM
All beings tremble before violence.
All Fear death.
All love life.
See yourself in others.
Then whom can you hurt?
What harm can you do?
He who seeks happiness
By hurting those who seek happiness
Will never find happiness.
For your brother is like you.
He wants to be happy.
Never harm him
And when you leave this life
You too will find happiness

Think about it......enough is enough.

10-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Thank you "Enough" for that last comment. I have to say it has made me sick to hear this back and forth. The level of maturity from all parties is disgraceful. It is no wonder that civilians do not respect us when we do not even respect each other. I am ashamed to see what is happening here. I have worked for this department for over 10 years and I am proud of what I do and the officers and dispatchers I work with(the majority). It is sad that a couple of individuals who have no pride in what they do or where they work would use a forum that should be used for the good of the department and as a resource to others for this childish banter. Bottom line is that we are here to do a job and "95%" of the time, when we are not spending time and energy on things like this, the job gets done damn well. We need to focus more on working well together and not bashing each other. In my years I have seen some useless dispatchers but I have also seen an equal share of useless officers. If you are not happy with the department you work for or the people you work with, there is the door...there is someone just dying to have your job. This is a great department with problems just like all the others, but nothing to create this ridiculous behavior. It is a disgrace for other departments and civilians to see this. Remember, this is a direct reflection on you. So, coming from one dispatcher that actually did have her stomach stapled and is VERY PROUD to work for CGPD...enough is enough. Have some pride in yourself and your job.

10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
a midn
Thank you "Enough" for that last comment. I have to say it has made me sick to hear this back and forth. The level of maturity from all parties is disgraceful. It is no wonder that civilians do not respect us when we do not even respect each other. I am ashamed to see what is happening here. I have worked for this department for over 10 years and I am proud of what I do and the officers and dispatchers I work with(the majority). It is sad that a couple of individuals who have no pride in what they do or where they work would use a forum that should be used for the good of the department and as a resource to others for this childish banter. Bottom line is that we are here to do a job and "95%" of the time, when we are not spending time and energy on things like this, the job gets done darn well. We need to focus more on working well together and not bashing each other. In my years I have seen some useless dispatchers but I have also seen an equal share of useless officers. If you are not happy with the department you work for or the people you work with, there is the door...there is someone just dying to have your job. This is a great department with problems just like all the others, but nothing to create this ridiculous behavior. It is a disgrace for other departments and civilians to see this. Remember, this is a direct reflection on you. So, coming from one dispatcher that actually did have her stomach stapled and is VERY PROUD to work for CGPD...enough is enough. Have some pride in yourself and your job.

I feel the same, thanks for the well thought out post

10-09-2008, 09:36 AM
This whole thread really saddens me. Obviously there are some people with personal grudges against certain people and I would like to think this had a personal basis but I did not see any of the CG LEO defend the dispatchers at all.
Do the majority of you all really think so poorly of us? The majority of us try to do our best and those few officers who help out on the desk know its not the piece of cake you think it is.
We are chained to our desks and the TVs are attached to the wall, what do you expect us to do for the 8-12-16 hrs days we put in here? I know I only eat once a day and I cant speak for other shifts but when we have food on our shift we usually share it with our officers. I thought we had a good relationship with our officers and it makes me sick to wonder every time I see one of you now if you really think such horrible things about us.
I dont know why officers continue to believe that the dispatchers have any influence on your 12s or 58s. The rules are black and white, and it's first come first serve-no favoritism. I dont understand why you would think we care enough to do something that petty.
I still like the officers and the dispatchers I work with. They arent all perfect, we can only try to do our best. I am not going to let this stop me.

10-10-2008, 02:08 AM
If you cops think you can do better give it a try. Not one of you look like you did when you came here! And maybe just maybe you guys could try and act proffesional on the radio when your bosses aren't listening. THe reality is we all make mistakes, if don't post your name with your ***** or shut the hell up!

10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
If you cops think you can do better give it a try. Not one of you look like you did when you came here! And maybe just maybe you guys could try and act proffesional on the radio when your bosses aren't listening. THe reality is we all make mistakes, if don't post your name with your ***** or shut the hell up!

I am only one voice, and I for one think that the angry posts are coming from VERY few people not many.

I think the dispatchers do an overall good job except for maybe one that cant get anything right (just like some po's), but hey, that just me and we are not perfect.

12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
what happend to the new dispatcher guy?

01-02-2009, 01:56 AM
I heard he is working part time in the records dept.............

01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
I don't think he speaks English. Unfortunately, our Cad doesn't translate English to Spanish.

01-12-2009, 02:59 AM
I don't think he speaks English. Unfortunately, our Cad doesn't translate English to Spanish.

LOL, that that did not stop charo :lol:

01-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Our CAD doesn't translate Stupid to English either.

05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
the question is......do they work at all????

Darn right... They start out all nice and slim then they get huge and *****y... But I hear they get a group discount on stomach stapling...

If I wasn't doing my nails while dispatching at the moment I would slap you!!

06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Couldn't answer your call for help was eating diner, actually went back for seconds and thirds. Now time to snooze don't bother me by asking for a 315 have to get my rest for our big girl talk at 9pm.

06-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Couldn't answer your call for help was eating [dinner,] actually went back for seconds and thirds. Now time to snooze don't bother me by asking for a 315 have to get my rest for our big girl talk at 9pm.

3-15 in the Gables; what happened the sun sat on the eastern horizon?

06-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Couldn't answer your call for help was eating [dinner,] actually went back for seconds and thirds. Now time to snooze don't bother me by asking for a 315 have to get my rest for our big girl talk at 9pm.

3-15 in the Gables; what happened the sun sat on the eastern horizon?

A 3-15 here is a barking dog call!!