PDA

View Full Version : NEXTELS

09-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Something needs to be done about these nextels and or cell phones. One day when you really need help your going to continuously hit that beep beep when you should be asking for backup on the radio. Yea we all know some problems arise with the system but, if its not used you cant fuss about it. The other communications that some use as a portable radio are used way to much and a saftey issue arises. You have a shift working and you and the one you beeped are the only ones that have any clue whats going on. This causes fustration on the part of your other fellow officers and will most likely bite you down the road. All I'm saying is use the communications your issued if for nothingelse saftey. You may need help thats sitting a qtr mile away and your habit will led you to hit a beep beep instead of the little orange button. A habit that must be dealt with.

The other issue is when you run a 10-28 27 or vin. It dosen't matter what needs to be done but use the radio. I know for fact that it ticks the dispatchers off when folks decide everytime to say, 23 I'll call you. The dispatchers have many to work with so use the radiofor the purpose of the job. If you have no idea what to do, ask for your superviser to be enroute thats what they are here for. again, if others hear whats going on, on radio communications, you maybe surpised who or what agency may stop and lend a hand to help you out. If its not heard no oneelse knows and probably assumes alls well when its not.

Say no to nextel which is one, and yes to communication which is many!

09-30-2008, 04:20 AM
It never fails. A real saftey issue gets veiwed 63 times with not a word. I geuss your all fussing about nickel and dime stuff. No wounder this agencey has so many problems.

09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
HEY MORON, IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD YOUR NEXTEL GO BUY A PREPAID METRO PHONE, OR USE YOUR CB, YOU POS REDNECK.

09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
HEY MORON, IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD YOUR NEXTEL GO BUY A PREPAID METRO PHONE, OR USE YOUR CB, YOU POS REDNECK.

Thats just proves how low AG FOLKS are. Idiot its nothing to do with afforing! Nowhere here on this AG Forum can you have a sensible conversation. Its all about SAFETY and nothingelse.

10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
YThis is the stupidest post I have ever read.

Officers use the radios. Sometimes the radios do not work in certain areas.
I have heard many times dispatchers asking an officer to 45 them.

If you think people you work with are commiting safety violations, talk to them
face to face.

Otherwise, I would bet you are just nosy and you feel left out because noone ever
beep-beeps you.

Get a life, and focus on more important things.

10-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Its a great post and only an idiot would call it different. Yes dispatch may ask for a call now and then. But everything that i done can be done on air. You all fussed about communications forever with the old system. Now since a senible person is sitting and waiting to work for you, your now I think scared to use it. Which is it. radio or no radio. I geuss it just makes some feel importanant to do otherwise.

10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
If you think it is an issue, fine. The squad I work with, and the other squads I see working, it is not.

This is a perfect example of if you see something going on you think is wrong, talk to someone about it FACE TO FACE. They will either agree with you or tell you to go fly a kite, at least you can look yourself in the mirror and know that you did what you thought was right and didn't hide behind a stupid screen name on a website.

10-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Hopefully legislation will pass that will stop all the cell chater while driving. Its coming, then you will be violating the law. HAHAHA!

10-08-2008, 05:51 PM
In most states that have such a ban, law enforcement is exempt.

10-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Zelma says you dont need no damn Nextels or Cell Phonys, just keep yo butt in the window and askin " what ya got " you bunch of crying LOSERS