PDA

View Full Version : swr cooper assessments

09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I realize that nobody likes being told to do anything, however the cooper assessments are designed to help officers become physically fit for long term health benefits and to reduce injuries in our often physically demanding jobs. It is a shame when we had several employees participate that were over the age of 50, including one that ran the 1.5 miles in uniform, all four captains, our major, nearly all the supervisors and an officer who is several months pregnant (we even had a couple of investigators). I just hope all the dedicated Altonites are happy with their five or six hours of whine time. Thanks again for the morale boost guys, and kudos to the supervisor who felt in necessary to announce over the radio in the most professional manner that they were 10-51 to the voluntary/mandatory fitness assessments. I am just thankful that there are at least a few role models left in our agency.

09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
56In response to your comments cocerning the SW fitness asessments:

I am glad that you took part in the asessments as that was your choice. I did not and that was my choice. Furthermore, I don't feel like getting together once a year for what amounts to 20 minutes of exercise is going to do anything to increase the overall health of the employees of the agency. I happen to live a very healthy lifestyle and am content in knowing that my current exercise and diet program is far superior than a simple Cooper test where the heart rate isn't in a target zone long enough to receive any sort of health benefit.

If the agnecy wants more participants, try giving 8 hours comp time to those who reach a certain percentile.

10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Or perhaps thirty minutes a work day to work out!

10-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Call the IG Office as a waste of State Tax Payers dollars hotline for an officer to have to drive three counties just to show up to a mandatory show up policy but does not have to participate physical fitness test.... What a waste of state TAX dollars to send officers driving Ford F-250 trucks to a do something just to show up!!!

HARD ECONOMIC TIMES TO BE WASTING TAX PAYERS DOLLARS FWC TALLAHASSEE TRAINING STAFF!!