PDA

View Full Version : What is PBA doing for us?

09-25-2008, 05:06 PM
i see jim diamond posting things on leoaffairs for lpd.

i am not aware of ANYTHING heis doing for us.

the PBA was not even at the city comisoner meeting when we almost lost out jobs.

have they done ANYTHING for us or they just collecting our dues and buying lpds lunch with it?

09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree, PBA has done nothing for us except ran a little ad in the paper during the merger. The ad was an idea from officers and suggested to Jim Diamond. There is a simple solution to PBA, stop giving them your money. They don't do anything for us anyways like they do for Lakeland.

09-25-2008, 08:30 PM
At lest the Teemsters would show up and rattle some trees. i get sick of going to the meetings where most of the time the pba reps dont even come.

09-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I totally agree. Why did the union NOT step up during the merger? Why have they not atteded any meetings? During the last commision meeting the Fire union spoke, however, I must say he was a little off base and his timing was off, but he DID stand up. Jim "no speak" Diamond was there, however as pointed out in the quotes, had nothing to say. I was told (rumor mill) that Diamond recommend to some officers that we should take the merger and leave the city, even though he knew a larger percentage of the ofifcers didn't want it. He didn't tell me that, but maybe someone with some imput could comment regarding that discussion. The way I see it, if I quit the union, thats an extra $25.00 a month in my pocket, kinda like giving myself a raise. Its obvious PBA doesn't care about BPD.

I remember several years back during the march on city hall, union talked big, but when it came to the nuts and bolts they were no where to be found.

09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Did anyone even show up to the PBA meeting yesterday to talk about negotiations for the department?

09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
The following personnel showed up, McLin, O'dell, Wyant, Tew, Quinn, and Lewis (tew's trainee). Other than that no one else showed up. From what I understand, not a lot was discussed. Trying to get the people in the step program brought up to their rightful step. Tew is a 9 year employee stuck @ step 5 or 6. Told the union that if the city is not giving a raise, the least they could do is update the officers that are stuck in back dated steps up to date. Thats about it.

09-27-2008, 05:04 AM
the last thing we need to do is`point fingers. the PBA is only going to do what we tell them to do. The bottom line is that if we dont stand together as a group, it dosent matter what union we have, they wont be able, nor willing to help us. and as for the teamsters, this quote sums it up,

"What can we do, you guys can't strike", Leo Krugg Teamster Rep.

dont just give up, E Mail or call Jim and him tell him what you think and what you want, if you dont talk to him how can you really expect him to do anything? why should we get results when we dont participate ourselves? and if your not in the union, join, we need a stronger membership if we expect to accomplish anything.

jdiamond@wcfpba.org