PDA

View Full Version : Another Morgan gaffe from the Pine Summit debate

09-18-2008, 03:06 AM
At about the 1 hour and 24 minute part of the debate, Morgan made a comment addressing the pay issue for Correctional Officers where he stated:

that the starting salary of a correctional officer was woefully inadequate, which was what Morgan thought was typical of the current administration of placing the correctional facility always on the back burner, by what he read in the PNJ about a job fair held at the Civic Center. The S/O was advertising the positions that they had open. If you dont think this is in your face to show sadly how this administration placed the stock in your profession of law enforcement is this:
* You started an administrative assistant at the Sheriffs Office at $12.74 per hour,
* a Detention Deputy trainee $11.70 per hour.
So we thought it was more important to hire administrators than to hire Detention Deputies.

Here are the true facts:
The "Administrative Assistant" (formerly known as: Security Control Monitors) is typically a "clerical job" that also has a repsonsibility to handle security details from from fingerprinting arrested juveniles and those arrest handled through a rapid intake procedure. These responsibilities were once the "menial tasks" of the Correctional Officer. By utilizing these Adminsitrative Assistants (aka Security Control Monitors) the administration freed officers to focus on more importants task assigned to security staff.

I for one would not do the job these Administrative Assistants do for the paltry sum of $12.70 per hour. I feel comfortable that if you asked any Correctional Officer, they too would not desire to do the job of the Administrative Assistantant. In fact, numerous Admin Assistants have been provided the opportunity to attend the George Stone Academy and obtain their certifications as Correctional Officers. This provides another path for advancment within the Sheriffs Office.

The Detention Deputy Trainee salary of $11.70 is actually for a Correctional STUDENT Trainee. This salary was to allow an entry level person to attend the George Stone Academy and obtain their certification. Many of the new hires could not afford to quit their current job and attend the academy on their own and by offering an entry level STUDENT position, it allowed the agency to be selective in the hiring process in order to seek the best qualified individual.

In my opinion, the $11.70 entry level salary to attend school to learn a trade which would allow a person to be hired anywhere in the Florida, sure beats the entry level wages for most jobs in Escambia County.

In addition to the $11.70 salary, the agency paid the cost of the Academy tuition, uniforms, PT gear, certification exam, travel cost, etc. About $2,000 per student. Once a student had received their certification and became a Detention Deputy Trainee, their salary went from $11.70 per hour to $13.39 per hour. Upon completing their probationary period the salary would be $14.73 per hour.

Today, those same salaries are:
$11.98 - Correctional Student
$14.37 - Certified Trainee (probationary period)
$15.81 - Detention Deputy (probation completed)

Now, which makes more sense:
Hiring an administrative assistant to do the clerical work of the Dention Deputy, or paying a Detention Deputy $15.81 to file paperwork?

The adminsitrative assistants provide an invaluable resource to the jail and Detention Deputy in a very cost effective manner. If Morgan chooses to eliminate, what he sees as a over-loaded administrative staff, the public will need to plan on shelling out some big $$$ to have Detention Deputies filing paperwork instead of providing security services. :roll:

SilverSurfer
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
It looks like he should do his homework. Most of his facts are all wrong. Don't look for him to correct his mistake.

09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
The video clearly shows at minute 1:34:42 that Morgan blinked his left eye quicker than his right. This was a secret sign the USAF uses to acknowledge Project Blue Book and the UFO cover up.

Then he moved his right index finger which indicates that he knows the AF is behind the chemtrails in the sky, the Haliburton weather machine and the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

And I'm pretty sure the Zapruder film shows Morgan on the grassy knoll. He had to be there because the PBA said he was. Furthermore, I heard that at a recent campaign rally someone asked him where the restroom was and he replied, "Back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left."

09-18-2008, 04:21 PM
The video clearly shows at minute 1:34:42 that Morgan blinked his left eye quicker than his right. This was a secret sign the USAF uses to acknowledge Project Blue Book and the UFO cover up.

Then he moved his right index finger which indicates that he knows the AF is behind the chemtrails in the sky, the Haliburton weather machine and the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

And I'm pretty sure the Zapruder film shows Morgan on the grassy knoll. He had to be there because the PBA said he was. Furthermore, I heard that at a recent campaign rally someone asked him where the restroom was and he replied, "Back and to the left...back and to the left...back and to the left."

And this guy, "Lyle Mittersen Just a regular citizen" thinks the Scapecchi camp are idiots..He needs to rethink that one..Wow!

09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Guys give it a rest. No matter how many times you show proof that Morgan is a liar and is unqualified to run a sheriffs department they will just keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
We only have until November 4th and then we can focus on making a better department under the leadership of a real cop Larry Scapecchi.

09-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Are you going to scrutinize Larry Scapecchi the same way you are doing David Morgan??? I think not, Larry Scapecchi doesn't really say anything or deliver a message to be scrutinized!!!

Are you going to put Larry Scapecchi's credentials and personal life under the same microscope you are putting David Morgan's??? I think not, but someone else will.

Larry Scapecchi should control those around him as he will be judged by their actions. Larry Scapecchi is living in a glasshouse, will his credentials and personal life stand up to the stones that his supporters are casting??? Time will tell!!!

Deputy Dooley
09-19-2008, 03:50 AM
It may not seem like Larry has as much to talk about, because he is not fabricating credentials like Morgan. He sticks to the basics, and is connecting with the public in a way that Morgan never will.

09-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Yeah, Larry doesn't have to over talk his credentials, he really has them. Morgan has just about shoved the Air Force down our throat to try to get people to see that it is comparable to real law enforcement. He is like Billy Mays with Air Force crap. We all still know that it's not the same

09-19-2008, 03:59 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9342/billymaysdj3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Deputy Dooley
09-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Even "BAM!" wont take the bullsheeet off of Morgans lies...

09-19-2008, 04:07 AM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5927/billymayslh8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hey, I'm David Morgan for the Air Force! I was over 1000's in the security force and I'm a private investigator. We did real law enforcement and I can get the stains out of this county!

09-19-2008, 04:09 AM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5752/jealousyts8.png (http://imageshack.us)

09-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Are you going to scrutinize Larry Scapecchi the same way you are doing David Morgan??? I think not, Larry Scapecchi doesn't really say anything or deliver a message to be scrutinized!!!

Are you going to put Larry Scapecchi's credentials and personal life under the same microscope you are putting David Morgan's??? I think not, but someone else will.

Larry Scapecchi should control those around him as he will be judged by their actions. Larry Scapecchi is living in a glasshouse, will his credentials and personal life stand up to the stones that his supporters are casting??? Time will tell!!!

More Morgan threats.... nice, yup he is real different than what we have had. Turn up a little he heat and he shows his true colors.

SilverSurfer
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM

More Morgan threats.... nice, yup he is real different than what we have had. Turn up a little he heat and he shows his true colors.

Morgan supporters should walk very careful here. Scapecchi has no "dirt" to turn up. Morgan has plenty to include his family. If they want the gloves to come off all they need to do is make the first move..........the rest will be history.

SilverSurfer
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM