PDA

View Full Version : Armorer Position

09-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey they just posted for another armorer. Let's argue about that next! The traffic one is boring me. :shock: 8) :evil: :devil:

09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey they just posted for another armorer. Let's argue about that next! The traffic one is boring me. :shock: 8) :evil: :devil:
Who is going to be the first to say that LB or MB is gonna get it...

Perhaps one of the fine folks from CIS will put in for it....

Maybe they will get it so they will stop complaining....

09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Who in CIS is complaining? What are they complaining about? The traffic position? Armorer? An endless parade of very senior officers and Corporals needing their hands held on cases? Please do tell.............

09-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Who is going to be the first to say that LB or MB is gonna get it...

Perhaps one of the fine folks from CIS will put in for it....

Maybe they will get it so they will stop complaining....

See this is awesome, the cat is out of the bag. No one else needs to put in, it's all part of the master plan!

09-14-2008, 03:18 AM
no complaining in vice, cis, or any of the specialized positions, we get all the training and assignments we want. Thanks for attempting to stir the pot, red hot head!

09-14-2008, 03:59 AM
look at the current special postions and who put in for a new special positions lately before their time was up? talk about not being happy or are we trying to avoid going back to patrol? Thats right, it s what you always wanted to do. ha. just because you have a big mouth and you have backing to use it does not make it right or attractive to your co workers. there is a reason people dont want to be around you, enjoy exile island.

09-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Come on, who gives a hoot? Let's all just work some overtime! We may not be very effective at "policing" or "law enforcement", whatever that junk is, but we do some fine work providing highly paid security work for those that can afford the extra police protection. I'm sure we are already gearing up to work security in Texas, we're like Blackwater USA!

Yeah, we do some fine OT work alright, especially in the higher ranks of Sergeant and Lieutenant. Sorry rank and file guy, these folks have vacation homes to pay for! 100k plus OT...outta sight! Even though you younger folks are actually losing money each year and soon will make the same as a Reconstruction Era, Alabama sharecropper, we need "to get ours". Rank has it's perks and no liabilities...it's good to be the king! I know chivalry and deference to the little guy should be a concern; I mean he does all the work, gets bossed around by numerous mini-napoleons, gets low pay and somehow bears all the burden of decision making liability and responsibility; but it ain't..............yaaaahooo! Money, money!

Shoot, I'm shocked that the Captains haven't gotten themselves off that salary business and got them some o' dat overtime green! Even though most agencies don't allow upper echelon folks to do OT; they leave it as the one bone for the little guy; we are much more progressive here. We want to create a feudalist system here, of Barons and Dukes. Even though we had to be "comparable" to other agencies when we up and started that crazy, wacky, Corporal Program. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone that's in charge of something! We got more stripes than a herd of Zebras! We got more brass than a trombone factory!

Well, at least we got that there OT Board! Yep, in fact if you somehow manage to dodge all that brass and all those stripes, and stay on the OT Board, ya got yourself just one more hurdle to jump through.....the specialized position folks.

Now don't get me wrong, the specialized position folks are fine people, real fine people, but they get a little advantage on ya, a little "cheat " on the Patrol folks....they sometimes flex, or adjust their hours, so as they can work an OT detail right smack in tha middle of their shift! You might be saying, "Now hold on one cotton pickin' minute, you mean to tell me we done been cheated on?" Yes you have!

Let's say your Ricky Recruit, been here about two years, your working Day Shift, with Mon/Tue/Wed off. You have a gander at that there OT Board (I call it the Golden Goose) and see a UPS detail is available in the morning. Ain't no brass or stripes going for that one....your all clear...then bam! Some fancy detective or DARE person snatches the shirt right off your back! "Wait a second, ain't detectives and DARE folks supposed to workin' at that hour? Ain't that part of their shift?" Well hell yes it is. But what you don't understand there Ricky Recruit, is you just done had the ol' Arkansas Switcheroo pulled on ya.

See there Ricky Recruit, that specialized sort is gonna "adjust" his hours and make them up later. Right smack dab in the middle of a sunny regular duty day that lady or fella is gonna be paid premium dollars to guard someone or something and just work them regular sweat hours at a later time.....Ricky Recruit, you jus' gonna have to visit yo mamma instead. Now you just try to "adjust" your hours on your working day. You try and give some 'ol specialized folk the Arakansas Switcheroo, the Carolina Steamroller and you for damn sure gonna hear about "manpower" and "minimum staffing". Sure 'nuff....Yaaahooo!

See there Ricky, you thought this whole thing was about something called "law enforcement" or "public service"....that's just stuff they tells ya way down there, so you is happy and don't know no better. So you drive around unawares on Thnaksgiving while some Sergeant is getting chubby eatin' turkey with his wife and kids. Remember that.

Remember this, and take it from a travelin' man whose been around this block a few times...this whole thing is about money. Making it. Keeping it. It's a business and nothing else.

Take Care Folks

09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
This is awesome..this went just the way I figured it would..I can't wait for them to post another position so we can start this all over again..

04-19-2009, 03:46 AM
This is awesome..this went just the way I figured it would..I can't wait for them to post another position so we can start this all over again..