PDA

View Full Version : Thats just wrong.

09-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Just wanted to say it's a shame that our dept refused to rehire a certain blk female officer with about 5yrs experience, but did not hesitate to rehire a certain white female rookie officer(CD). WOW, good job guys on the 4th floor!!

09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
HERE WE GO!!! And yet another person who puts the blame on their race, as opposed to the truth.

09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
AFTER THAT COMMENT, I'M KINDA GLAD WE DIDN'T TAKE HER BACK EITHER.

09-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Just wanted to say it's a shame that our dept refused to rehire a certain blk female officer with about 5yrs experience, but did not hesitate to rehire a certain white female rookie officer(CD). WOW, good job guys on the 4th floor!!

Anyone who is surprised by that decision either:

A. Hasn't been here very long, or
B. Doesn't watch what goes on around here very well

GS is extremely qualified and was an asset. Don't forget, these are the same knuckleheads (Admin types) that gave Matt Thrift three chances, Ed B., Kristen D. and Tina I. second chances. You can't hide the fact they were all white, it's the truth. GS was just as competent as these others mentioned and well liked. It's a shame she won't be back. Maybe the union shouldn't have given away sworn positions to save civilian jobs?

09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
[quote="PPPD shows its true colors":2hyuhdwn]Just wanted to say it's a shame that our dept refused to rehire a certain blk female officer with about 5yrs experience, but did not hesitate to rehire a certain white female rookie officer(CD). WOW, good job guys on the 4th floor!!

GS is extremely qualified and was an asset. Don't forget, these are the same knuckleheads (Admin types) that gave Matt Thrift three chances, Ed B., Kristen D. and Tina I. second chances. You can't hide the fact they were all white, it's the truth. GS was just as competent as these others mentioned and well liked. It's a shame she won't be back. Maybe the union shouldn't have given away sworn positions to save civilian jobs?[/quote:2hyuhdwn]

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M NOT KNOCKING GS. I'M KNOCKING THE FACT THAT COMPLAINTS OF THIS NATURE JUST DISTANCE PEOPLE EVEN FURTHER APART. I PERSONALLY THINK THE MAIN REASON IS THAT BECAUSE OF OUR ECONOMY RIGHT NOW, WE'RE NOT HIRING ANYONE ESPECIALLY SINCE SOME CITY EMPLOYEES HAVE LOST THEIR OWN JOBS. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD LOOK? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN LEAVE THIS JOB THINKING THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE WITHOUT TAKING THE LEAVE OF ABSENCE FOR A YEAR. IF GS DID THIS, WE WOULDN'T BE TALKING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW. ALL I CAN SAY IS "GOOD LUCK IN FINDING ANOTHER DEPARTMENT".
I BLAME YOU FOR MAKING IT A RACE ISSUE. I COULD UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD THINK SO (IF IT WERE ANYTIME OTHER THAN NOW). IF IT WERE ANY OTHER TIME, I'D BE ARGUING ON YOUR SIDE. SINCE IT'S NOT, I GUESS YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
[quote="PPPD shows its true colors":4lzmx3gn]Just wanted to say it's a shame that our dept refused to rehire a certain blk female officer with about 5yrs experience, but did not hesitate to rehire a certain white female rookie officer(CD). WOW, good job guys on the 4th floor!!

GS is extremely qualified and was an asset. Don't forget, these are the same knuckleheads (Admin types) that gave Matt Thrift three chances, Ed B., Kristen D. and Tina I. second chances. You can't hide the fact they were all white, it's the truth. GS was just as competent as these others mentioned and well liked. It's a shame she won't be back. Maybe the union shouldn't have given away sworn positions to save civilian jobs?

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M NOT KNOCKING GS. I'M KNOCKING THE FACT THAT COMPLAINTS OF THIS NATURE JUST DISTANCE PEOPLE EVEN FURTHER APART. I PERSONALLY THINK THE MAIN REASON IS THAT BECAUSE OF OUR ECONOMY RIGHT NOW, WE'RE NOT HIRING ANYONE ESPECIALLY SINCE SOME CITY EMPLOYEES HAVE LOST THEIR OWN JOBS. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD LOOK? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN LEAVE THIS JOB THINKING THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE WITHOUT TAKING THE LEAVE OF ABSENCE FOR A YEAR. IF GS DID THIS, WE WOULDN'T BE TALKING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW. ALL I CAN SAY IS "GOOD LUCK IN FINDING ANOTHER DEPARTMENT".
I BLAME YOU FOR MAKING IT A RACE ISSUE. I COULD UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD THINK SO (IF IT WERE ANYTIME OTHER THAN NOW). IF IT WERE ANY OTHER TIME, I'D BE ARGUING ON YOUR SIDE. SINCE IT'S NOT, I GUESS YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.[/quote:4lzmx3gn]

Hard to blame the economy when Backgrounds is still interviewing candidates for openings.

09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
[quote="Mr. Hand":10vj9z6p][quote="PPPD shows its true colors":10vj9z6p]Just wanted to say it's a shame that our dept refused to rehire a certain blk female officer with about 5yrs experience, but did not hesitate to rehire a certain white female rookie officer(CD). WOW, good job guys on the 4th floor!!

I BLAME YOU FOR MAKING IT A RACE ISSUE. I COULD UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD THINK SO (IF IT WERE ANYTIME OTHER THAN NOW). IF IT WERE ANY OTHER TIME, I'D BE ARGUING ON YOUR SIDE. SINCE IT'S NOT, I GUESS YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.[/quote:10vj9z6p]

Hard to blame the economy when Backgrounds is still interviewing candidates for openings.[/quote:10vj9z6p]

IF THAT'S THE CASE, I GUESS I'M WRONG. I STILL THINK THERE'S MORE TO IT THOUGH.

09-08-2008, 05:38 PM

You make me sick throwing the race card out. I guess it couldn't be that they had two I.A.'s pending on her and they were stopped when she left and they would have to start over again. I really didn't want to post a reply, but my God, it drove me crazy listening to such short sightedness, race card throwing poop. In fact you are the racist, not the department! Apparently this crap is coming from either GS or one of her surrogates. You leave, you made a decision and what makes you think you get a do over. I'm even surprised they let ZJ come back and oh by the way I don't say that because he's black, He's a baby for leaving because a sergeant pissed in his cornflakes. Grow up!!!!

Forever Whitey Cracker , The Man, The Oppressor :devil:

09-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I had no idea she had I.A.s against her. Personally I didn't like the type of person she presented herself to be, and I could care less how many years she had in law enforcement (which really depends on her work ethics, productivity, and her point of views which, from what I saw were unquestionably poor). I affirmly believe that most people she worked with felt the same way I do within this agency.
If they were B.S. complaints though, then I think she deserves her job back considering our past record.
If this is GS posting this stuff, she has done her research, and good for her. If not, it's someone else of color with the longevity and either way I cry "SHAME ON YOU FELLOW OFFICER" for trying to divide this agency into yet another race war.
Here we are trying to work together as a brotherhood, and there you are trying to separate us all over again (which I angrily say if this is GS, considering her short stint with our department and in law enforcement).
You (she) left, now good luck on finding your way back in. And I mean good luck if it's only b.s. complaints.
If you're not able to come back here, then again I'll say "good luck" attempting to make it through another agency's ranks (which I know was your initial intention).
From what I've seen happen at other agency's. YOU have the right "stuff" to be Chief.

09-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I heard through the grapevine that the incident that she had about a year and a half ago (the domestic involving the vicious happy dog, where shots were fired by her twin sister VJ) had a lot to do with it. Specially the alleged injuries and workman's comp issues.

She is a nice person, and what I observed a hard worker as it pertained to her zone. She did have zone integrity, but I guess that's a thing from the past since we are now going to areas.

A race card issue is just BS, since by 2042 the whites will be the minority in south florida. Just look at the trash that is moving into pines. Times have definitely change.

09-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Say what you will about the situation. I liked GS, she was always pleasant and friendly.

09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Almost retired wrote: A race card issue is just BS, since by 2042 the whites will be the minority in south florida. Just look at the trash that is moving into pines. Times have definitely change.[/quote]

Whats your point???? What the hell does this have to do with this topic you idiot? Are you saying the trash moving into pines are minorities?

09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes!

09-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Wow, I feel for the handful of minority officers at pines. I guess pines will never change aye? Nice place for you guys on the road, but as far as moving up the ranks, not in pines. Hey DR whats up (mah nizzle)!

01-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Hello, this is GS and I have never been on this site before but after reading about myself, I felt compelled to respond.

First, to whomever posted the original statement including those that supported me, Thank You.
Second, I left to better my family & only returned due to the illness of my father which is why I did not take a leave of absence.
Thirdly, I did not have 2 open IA's, it was just one and yes it was BS by a known female subject. Not to mention it was CLOSED/WITHDRAWN prior to my resignation.
Fourthly, my on-the-job-injury wa NEVER questioned (especially since my twin and I were actully working!)

Whether you liked me or lied to me about liking me, I always did my job. I hate the nasty rumors because I actually liked my job and only left to give my family something different. I hope this clears up the "rumor control".

Lastly, I would never try to divide any department by race or gender. As I read the previous post on here though, I see that some of you guys have single-handedly done that without any help from me.

Good Luck my fellow friends from PPPD!