PDA

View Full Version : Morgan & Craig shot the Sheriff

09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=8563
http://inweekly.net/images/articles/articles/full/art_8563_img_September-4-cover.jpg

09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Morgans campaign was effective because McNesby and his supporters underestimated Morgan and the power of repetitious untruths and exaggerations. A lie said and gone un-answered becomes the truth. Like the arrogant fools he and his inner guard were, McNesby presumed that since he had been crowned a King by his number one dirty tricks servant, Rex, he would never be de-throned.

The Morgan/Craig strategy of wearing down the image McNesby had molded for himself in the mainstream local media, (PNJ, WEAR and WCOA’s- McCoy) as being a great Sheriff was accomplished by a day by day house by house conversion of taxpaying citizens and voters into taking a harder look at the Teflon Sheriff. Morgan was also blessed with McNesby not having another Iven to blow into town and make him an instant. hero.

You can fool some of the people all the time. You can fool all the people some of the time but you can’t fool all the people all the time. The general election will be harder for Morgan to win than the primary because it doesn’t appear that Scapecchi and his supporters including the majority of the over 1,000 officers and employees of the Sheriff’s Office are not going to take Morgan for granted.

09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
POWELL STRIKES BACK Sheriff Ron McNesby's 2004 Democratic opponent, John Powell , has filed suit in Circuit Court against him, two of his officers, Larry Smith and Rex Blackburn, and McNesby's political consultants.
Powell alleges that Smith threatened to ruin his career if he continued to plan to run for Escambia County Sheriff in 2004 and that McNesby and Smith threatened to arrest him if he returned to the Sheriff's offices. They also had someone call the assistant city manager of Wilson, North Carolina to inform them that Powell, their police chief, was considering running for Escambia County Sheriff.
The complaint details several dirty tricks by the McNesby campaign to hurt Powell's efforts, including sending investigators to his former places of employment to dig up dirt on him and sending flowers to Powell's home signed, "Love, Desiree."
In January 2005, after Powell had lost the sheriff's race, the suit alleges the harassment didn't stop. Powell had applied for the chief of police position in Dothan, Ala. During February 2005, McNesby, Smith and Blackburn allegedly sent material to the Dothan city manager, city council and local news media that claimed Powell had committed criminal and moral violations that rendered him unfit to be police chief.
Even after Powell was given the job, the suit claims that McNesby, Smith and Blackburn sent material to the employees of the Dothan Police Department in an attempt to undermine Powell's authority.
This suit could be a blockbuster if it ever gets to trial.

Printed in the Independent News- September 4, 2008

http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=8562

09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
http://inweekly.net/images/articles/articles/full/art_8563_img_September-4-cover.jpg

No mention of the PBA, their thoughts or opinions on the race, the candidates, or the election to come. Now that's power!!

09-05-2008, 03:52 AM
This guy really is comical. He is also arrogant and ****y. Mr Morgan you really made yourself look like a real jackass with this picture. I hope you think its worth it. You continue to surround yourself with anti-law enforcement people and take advice from some of the most silliest people around. You are a great disappointment to our citizens.

09-05-2008, 11:19 AM

Great.......the liberal cheese eating surrender monkeies at the independent promote violence with the front page of thier paper. Morgan stands tall wielding dual guns like the gunslingers of the old west. Too bad he has never been a real cop.......maybe the photo would fit better. Maybe they can dig up a photo of a SP from an Air Force Base gaurding the flightline and use it insted. Because you know military police and civillian law enforcement are the same.

09-05-2008, 11:46 AM
To the 10,000 McNesby voters, here is a picture of the man who continues to ridicule you. Do you really want him to be sheriff?

09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
These phos are proof positive of the clown it repesents.

Blueman
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Most people understand that the vast majority of public servants, be they law enforcement officers, EMTs, military, or firefighters are good, honest people who have responded to a calling. That said, it is my belief that candidates who consistently berate those who the public trusts, or at the very least wants to trust, will not be well received. The fact that through numerous allegations and misleading half-truths Morgan and his campaign has attempted to besmirch an entire agency, not just the political head of that agency, is what leads the vast majority of us to refuse him support. As I have said numerous times all is fair in politics but we, the deputies, are not political figures. If an individual deputy makes a mistake it is fair game for public scrutiny in his role as a public employee. If a policy is wrong or needs change do not attempt to denigrate the individual deputies for their adherence to that policy. To attempt to make the vast majority of good, honest, hard-working employees of the Escambia County Sheriff's Officer appear to be less than they are is distasteful at best and I hope the citizens of Escambia County will realize such when they cast their votes this fall.

09-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Most people understand that the vast majority of public servants, be they law enforcement officers, EMTs, military, or firefighters are good, honest people who have responded to a calling. That said, it is my belief that candidates who consistently berate those who the public trusts, or at the very least wants to trust, will not be well received. The fact that through numerous allegations and misleading half-truths Morgan and his campaign has attempted to besmirch an entire agency, not just the political head of that agency, is what leads the vast majority of us to refuse him support. As I have said numerous times all is fair in politics but we, the deputies, are not political figures. If an individual deputy makes a mistake it is fair game for public scrutiny in his role as a public employee. If a policy is wrong or needs change do not attempt to denigrate the individual deputies for their adherence to that policy. To attempt to make the vast majority of good, honest, hard-working employees of the Escambia County Sheriff's Officer appear to be less than they are is distasteful at best and I hope the citizens of Escambia County will realize such when they cast their votes this fall.

Obviously you haven't heard or understood a thing Morgan has said. Or you are just lying out of desperation. Morgan has a lot of respect for the rank and file employees both civilians and deputies. He has been consistantly pointing the finger of responsibility at the management. Your post is an often repeated lie of the former McNesby SRU team. It didn't work in August and it won't work in November.

Blueman
09-07-2008, 05:56 AM
How is it a lie that Morgan has spoken on video of jails deaths and murders? Was the sheriff at the jail attending to the deceased? Was it a policy of the sheriff about which Morgan was speaking? If so serious disambiguation is necessary.

I have no desperation here. I am near the bottom of the food chain and I am not vying for any sort of position. I want what I believe to be best for the department and therefor the community as a whole. I have said before and I will repeat again that regardless of who the next sheriff is I will be a professional and work as diligently as possible-the same as I suspect everyone else will do. That said, it is my and most of my fellow deputies' belief that the department would fair better under a leader who has not gone out of his way to make the public believe we, the individual deputies, are something we are not.

09-07-2008, 06:11 AM
[quote="Blueman"]How is it a lie that Morgan has spoken on video of jails deaths and murders? Was the sheriff at the jail attending to the deceased? Was it a policy of the sheriff about which Morgan was speaking? If so serious disambiguation is necessary.

How you ask? Morgan has never used the word "murder" in relation to the jail. Never. Not once. That is an invention of those who would distort reality and truth. Like you are with your twisting of Morgan's statements.

09-07-2008, 06:23 AM
To the 10,000 McNesby voters, here is a picture of the man who continues to ridicule you. Do you really want him to be sheriff?

Looks like Boss Hogg in a new suit to me...

09-07-2008, 06:32 AM
How is it a lie that Morgan has spoken on video of jails deaths and murders? Was the sheriff at the jail attending to the deceased? Was it a policy of the sheriff about which Morgan was speaking? If so serious disambiguation is necessary.

How you ask? Morgan has never used the word "murder" in relation to the jail. Never. Not once. That is an invention of those who would distort reality and truth. Like you are with your twisting of Morgan's statements.

Morgan supporters, including his main spokesperson, David Craig, have used the word alot.

09-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Here's a letter to the INWeekly from David Craig. Tell me if you think he implies we are murderers:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEAD Jerry Preyer is dead. He drank from an Escambia jail toilet and the guards allegedly killed him. It was ruled a homicide by the Medical Examiner. The third jail homicide since 1999. We are used to that.

The manner of death was revealed nine months after his death. We tolerate that. Especially if the dead person comes from a poor family.

That makes 15 inmates dead since Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby took office in 2000. That’s five times the national average for similar jails. We find that acceptable.

Two deaths are still unexplained. A primary FDLE crime scene technician on Preyer’s homicide investigation was once accused of violations of law at the ECSO by Larry Smith, the chief deputy. That is according to Sheriff's Office public records. But no investigation followed at the time. That happens often here. Why not? We accept that.

The trigger of the Taser Gun that shot Preyer when he died was pulled 12 times but it was reported that he only was tased twice. That took a creative explanation about a broken wire and a sympathetic reflex. We believe just about anything.

No Escambia County police officer or guard has ever been held criminally responsible for the death of anyone in or out of jail. That's OK because we are perfect here.

Should a few people protest or believe that criminality has been overlooked that’s OK too. Because we don’t care. Our record is proof positive. God forgive us.
—David Craig, Pensacola

09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Here's a letter to the INWeekly from David Craig. Tell me if you think he implies we are murderers:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEAD Jerry Preyer is dead. He drank from an Escambia jail toilet and the guards allegedly killed him. It was ruled a homicide by the Medical Examiner. The third jail homicide since 1999. We are used to that.

The manner of death was revealed nine months after his death. We tolerate that. Especially if the dead person comes from a poor family.

That makes 15 inmates dead since Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby took office in 2000. That’s five times the national average for similar jails. We find that acceptable.

Two deaths are still unexplained. A primary FDLE crime scene technician on Preyer’s homicide investigation was once accused of violations of law at the ECSO by Larry Smith, the chief deputy. That is according to Sheriff's Office public records. But no investigation followed at the time. That happens often here. Why not? We accept that.

The trigger of the Taser Gun that shot Preyer when he died was pulled 12 times but it was reported that he only was tased twice. That took a creative explanation about a broken wire and a sympathetic reflex. We believe just about anything.

No Escambia County police officer or guard has ever been held criminally responsible for the death of anyone in or out of jail. That's OK because we are perfect here.

Should a few people protest or believe that criminality has been overlooked that’s OK too. Because we don’t care. Our record is proof positive. God forgive us.
—David Craig, Pensacola

Thank God for the first amendment! David and his supporters have alot of explaining to do! I can't wait for all of thier conspiracy theory's to be exposed. I can see David during the debate now............David Morgan "we had snitches inside the office providing me this information, I never checked the information, just repeated it, its not my fault that I was given bad information, these kinds of things happen, I'm really different than Mcnesby, really, I do have several supporters who have been run out of Escambia County Government because of shady deals but I can assure you they have changed and they now work for me, I told them to wait until I got elected before they applied for jobs"

Yeah its going to be great.