PDA

View Full Version : Recent Civil Lawsuit for violating someone's Civil Rights?

09-04-2008, 04:10 AM
As a LEO, I am so disappointed to hear and read that two officers (One a Sgt.) from the P.D. had violated someone's Civil Rights by confiscating their flyer's and threatening to jail them if they continued to display material seeking signatures for the Marriage Amendment petition at a Promise Keepers rally? If this was accurate, what an outrage this was to have happened.

The person or organization involved legitimately paid what (?) $800, to have a legal boothe to do this at a faith based function. Then, to have the fully uniformed, off duty paid officers, use their office to harass and threaten to jail people who believed or differed from their faith or politics? As LEOS. we are there, off duty or on, to uphold and protect a person's Constitutional rights, aren't we?

It makes all of us LEOS look bad, whether in Florida or abroad, when these kinds of actions take place. Even worse! These kinds of actions build case law, both statewide and Federally, which eventually hurt us all. Not to mention in the public's eyes, it shows a lack of respect to uphold all the Constitutional Rights of those we serve and police. Use your heads and be professional when encountering people on the streets that differ with your personal viewpoints.

I saw the picture from the civil lawsuit against the two officers, who appear to be mocking those they disagreed with, by kissing each other. What a lack of professionalism displayed for us all. Do us all a favor. Become more professional and understand that there are many LEOS which surround you who are officers of faith. There is never an excuse for an officer to deliberately violate someone's legal, expressive freedoms and Constitutional rights. That is what seperates us from the criminals.

As if their are not enough hardships in policing, and dealing with people trying to hurt, even kill us ... We don't need the public to not trust us, nor the courts to restrict us beyond reasonable measure in doing our jobs, thus adding grief to our lives. Avoid tarnishing our badge, and the integrity it represents.

09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Who the hell do you think you are coming onto this site and question what us officers do. By reading your post, I highly doubt you are actually a LEO. If you believe everything you hear on channel 7 news or any of the other bias news stations, then that leads me to believe that your an ignorant human life form that still lives with your mother.

Thank you for your comments and concerns
SPD LEO

09-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Who the hell do you think you are coming onto this site and question what us officers do. By reading your post, I highly doubt that you are indeed a LEO. All I have to say is if you believe everything you hear on channel 7 news, then that leads me to believe that you are an ignorant human life form that still lives with your mother.

Thanks for your comments and concerns
SPD LEO

09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow, way to be years behind the times!

09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
This post sounds like it was started by an old signal 20 sergeant that left here and went up to Georgia. Whats the matter naysayer? You bored up their chasing squirls?