PDA

View Full Version : PBA Centurion

09-04-2008, 12:33 AM
You may want to have Bomb and Arson check your mailboxes for you in the coming days. The Nuke Attack launched by Gort in the editorial section of the PBA Centurion is sure to create a massive shockwave.

Go to http://www.bcpba.organd look at the September 2008 Centurion that is available on line.

09-04-2008, 02:24 AM
How is that a "Nuke attack"???
It is 100% true and needed to be said. Hopefully some people here will look in the mirror and take something from it. Well done and glad someone had the balls to write it.

09-05-2008, 03:43 AM
HERE'S THE PROBLEM. WE HAVE SEVERAL HIGHER UPS THAT TRIED TO EXCEL FASTER THAN THEY COULD BE RESPECTED. WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS THEY REALLY NEVER STAYED ON THE ROAD LONG ENOUGH TO LEARN THE ROPES. THEY NEVER DEVELOPED RELATIONSHIPS WITH PERSONS THEY WOULD LEAD. AND, SINCE THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY INTO MOVING UP IN RANK, THEY NEVER REALLY PRODUCED STATS.
PEOPLE LIKE THIS WILL HARDLY EVER GAIN THE RESPECT OF THOSE THEY CHOOSE TO LEAD.
SOME OF YOU MAY DISAGREE WITH MY COMMENT, BUT IT'S THE STINGING TRUTH. CALL ME A COWARD FOR NOT WANTING TO ADVANCE TO A HIGHER PAY GRADE, BUT I THINK I'D MUCH RATHER STAY WITH MY FRIENDS, CO-WORKERS, AND PEOPLE I CONSIDER AS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
ASK ANY ONE OF OUR ADMINISTRATORS IF THEY WOULD GIVE UP THEIR POSITION FOR MORE RESPECT. NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD. WHY? LOWER PAY..
I AM VERY CAPABLE OF TAKING A LEADERSHIP POSITION WITHIN THIS AGENCY. I CHOOSE NOT TO, NOT ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE TO CATCH THE BAD GUYS, BUT I ALSO REFUSE TO DISTANCE MYSELF FROM MY BLUE FAMILY.

09-05-2008, 09:22 PM
HERE'S THE PROBLEM. WE HAVE SEVERAL HIGHER UPS THAT TRIED TO EXCEL FASTER THAN THEY COULD BE RESPECTED. WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS THEY REALLY NEVER STAYED ON THE ROAD LONG ENOUGH TO LEARN THE ROPES. THEY NEVER DEVELOPED RELATIONSHIPS WITH PERSONS THEY WOULD LEAD. AND, SINCE THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY INTO MOVING UP IN RANK, THEY NEVER REALLY PRODUCED STATS.
PEOPLE LIKE THIS WILL HARDLY EVER GAIN THE RESPECT OF THOSE THEY CHOOSE TO LEAD.
SOME OF YOU MAY DISAGREE WITH MY COMMENT, BUT IT'S THE STINGING TRUTH. CALL ME A COWARD FOR NOT WANTING TO ADVANCE TO A HIGHER PAY GRADE, BUT I THINK I'D MUCH RATHER STAY WITH MY FRIENDS, CO-WORKERS, AND PEOPLE I CONSIDER AS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
ASK ANY ONE OF OUR ADMINISTRATORS IF THEY WOULD GIVE UP THEIR POSITION FOR MORE RESPECT. NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD. WHY? LOWER PAY..
I AM VERY CAPABLE OF TAKING A LEADERSHIP POSITION WITHIN THIS AGENCY. I CHOOSE NOT TO, NOT ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE TO CATCH THE BAD GUYS, BUT I ALSO REFUSE TO DISTANCE MYSELF FROM MY BLUE FAMILY.

Excellent Analysis...and true.

09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow.

09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
If our higher ups took Gort's posting as a personal attach, so be it. The administration placed themselves in that position. Many departments have to endure similar problems. Unfortunately we don't have many leaders. Our command staff is full of egos, and they only worry about themselves. Many of them will retire soon, within the next 5 years, but it is scary to see what will be promoted into those positions. I'm glad that I'll be long gone by then.

Thanks jim for saying what was needed to be said.

09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Was this article aimed at anyone in particular?????

09-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Was this article aimed at anyone in particular?????

Yes it was. Just fill in the blank with your favorite Captain...

10-06-2008, 10:55 PM
The only one I ever knew to actually live up to that high of a standard is cornelius. A few have tried, but none succeeded.