PDA

View Full Version : Crazy guy shooting at cars

09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I read what happened over there off Hiatus. Great job. Way to take out the garbage. Welcome to Hialeah North.

I love ferrets.

09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Officers fatally shot an armed man after, police said, he randomly fired shots at cars on Hiatus Road Tuesday afternoon.

Pembroke Pines Police said they responded to several phone calls of a man firing shots at motorists at about 2:15 p.m. from the Archstone Harbour Cove apartment complex in the 1600 block of South Hiatus Road, near Pines Boulevard.

"He was outside, shooting at vehicles that were passing on Hiatus Road," said Sgt. Shianynksi Morales of the Pembroke Pines Police Department.

Authorities said the man shot three occupied vehicles at the complex.

Milton Parris' SUV was shot two times.

?He had something on his mind. He had that look of death. As I passed him, I?m looking in the side view mirror. The next thing I know he?s shooting at me. I could hear it, and I could feel it, too, because I could feel it hitting the car," Parris said. "Why he did it, I have no idea. I don't know him, never seen him before in my life, have no clue who he is."

Dozens of police officers responded to the calls. Police said the man barricaded himself in an apartment for a short time.

When the man came out of the apartment, armed with a gun, officers shot him, police said.

?I saw SWAT teams getting prepared,? witness David said. ?Before I knew it I heard four or five gunshots.?

"Everybody has to do what they have to do," Parris said. "I guess they did the best they could to resolve the matter in a pleasant way, but unfortunately it didn't end that way."

No officers or bystanders were injured in the incident, authorities said.

Police have not identified the suspect or named a possible motive.

http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=43044