PDA

View Full Version : district assignments

09-02-2008, 01:46 AM
obviously when you get hired and are cut loose from field training you get assigned to where the openings are.

Are you able to request a transfer to a different district, and if so is there a certain time you have to be on the job for, or is there a certain time of year you can request it?

Are you able to work in the district you live in?

And

If you are a fully certified officer in the state of florida and have been working for another agency, and get hired by LCSO, do you have to go through the entire field training program, is there a mini academy, or do they play it by ear as to how your doing?

Are take home cars assigned day one, or after a time frame? I see they give you the pay step equivalent to how many years you have, so lets say if i have 4 years on in FL, would the waive the take home wait period?

thanks!

12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Depends...... Who do you know?

12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
the answer is that if you are an in state LEO, you will only have to do a 6 day program. unless you are a stupid, and should not be wearing a badge...then hell 40-60 days sounds good.

take home cars are issued to you when you are getting ready to do your check out ride/.

08-15-2009, 01:32 AM
This is a great place to work

08-15-2009, 04:31 AM
obviously when you get hired and are cut loose from field training you get assigned to where the openings are.

Are you able to request a transfer to a different district, and if so is there a certain time you have to be on the job for, or is there a certain time of year you can request it?
After you put some time in the district you are assigned to, you can start looking at other districts. There are no shift bids, so you have to find someone to take your spot.

Are you able to work in the district you live in?

Depends... You are first assigned where agency needs you most.

If you are a fully certified officer in the state of florida and have been working for another agency, and get hired by LCSO, do you have to go through the entire field training program, is there a mini academy, or do they play it by ear as to how your doing?
No, you do not have to go through entire FTO. I believe it's around 16 or 24 days for certified out of agency. There is no mini academy, but you read policy manual and get (re)certified in things you will be carrying. The duration varies, but it's a great learning environment.

Are take home cars assigned day one, or after a time frame?

You get a take home car upon completion of FTO program. Our fleet is one of the best around. The oldest patrol cars are 05, which hopefully be phased out this year.

I see they give you the pay step equivalent to how many years you have, so lets say if i have 4 years on in FL, would the waive the take home wait period?
thanks!
We did away with the pay step equivalent. You have to work your way up.

Read other boards and see the messed up things they are going through, while our biggest issue is if we want a union. We have great benefits, great equipment and it's a great agency to work for.

08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
4giuf
Read other boards and see the messed up things they are going through, while our biggest issue is if we want a union.
Huh? I though the drive for unionization was just a symptom of the good ol' boy cancer thats rotting your departments administration.

08-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Sucks I took my poly and passed and was waiting to get schedule for my psych then was told you guys are on a hiring freeze...

08-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Our fleet is one of the best around. The oldest patrol cars are 05, which hopefully be phased out this year.

But we can't seem to get pay raises for three years running. Let's stop buying cars for a year and give the deputies raises. I can't feed my family with a brand new take home car!