PDA

View Full Version : Info on PCSO

08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I am an applicant with more than 15 years of law enforcement experience that recently applied to your agency. I am trying to find a little more information on your agency, but I have been unsuccessful on a few topics. Just looking for the answers to a few questions. What duty weapon is authorized for carry? Do you carry Tasers? If so, the M26 or X26? What shifts do your patrol deputies work? Any other information that anyone cares to share would be appreciated. BTW, I have no affiliation in the current election.

08-30-2008, 07:37 PM
I am an applicant with more than 15 years of law enforcement experience that recently applied to your agency. I am trying to find a little more information on your agency, but I have been unsuccessful on a few topics. Just looking for the answers to a few questions. What duty weapon is authorized for carry? Do you carry Tasers? If so, the M26 or X26? What shifts do your patrol deputies work? Any other information that anyone cares to share would be appreciated. BTW, I have no affiliation in the current election.

A Glock 23 (40 caliber) is issued as the duty firearm for patrol. A small list of other firearms are approved for a backup weapon. As far as the Taser is concerned, M26 for most, but the X tasers for supervisors and those with small waists. Patrol works 12 hour rotating shifts. Isn't it sad that people have to put that they have no affiliation in the current election, because the people here always turn this place into politics? Well good luck to you in all your endeavors.

08-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Do you mean you were unsuccessful in getting information from Human Resources? If you ask some of them when the next new hires will be they will tell you they haven’t hired in the past year, yet there is constantly people in FTO. Go figure!!

08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the information. I''ve carried a Glock 22 for the past 3 years, so the transition to the 23 should be fairly easy. I've also carried the M26 for several years, I'm glad to see that you carry it also (as oppossed to no Taser.)

When I spoke to H.R. I didn't really inquire as to if the background investigator was sworn or not, so I really didn't ask her too many questions, just the basics.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to completing the rest of the hiring process.

08-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Edited for spelling.

Thanks for the information. I''ve carried a Glock 22 for the past 3 years, so the transition to the 23 should be fairly easy. I've also carried the M26 for several years, I'm glad to see that you carry it also (as opposed to no Taser.)

When I spoke to H.R. I didn't really inquire as to if the background investigator was sworn or not, so I really didn't ask her too many questions, just the basics.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to completing the rest of the hiring process.