PDA

View Full Version : FMPD CONSOLIDATION

08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
AS A CONCERNED, INVOLVED CITIZEN OF LEE COUNTY, AND FELLOW LEO I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY FMPD AND LCSO HAVE NEVER CONSOLIDATED. BOTH DEPARTMENTS HAVE THEIR PROS/CONS BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I SEE IS THE LACK OF TEAM WORK, MISCOMMUNICATION AND DEPT JEALOUSY BETWEEN THE TWO AGENCIES.

FMPD IS A GREAT DEPARTMENT WHEN I COME TO ENFORCING THE LAWS, BUT A MAJORITY OF THE OFFICERS I SEE ON THE STREET, IN THE JAIL, ETC... LOOKS WORE OUT, WRINKED, DIRTY, MAD, AND JUST UNPROFESSIONAL. THE CARS ARE SHAMEFUL- DIRTY, MISSING HUB CAPS, MISMATCH RIMS/SPARES, HUGE DENTS ON THE BODY, FADED LIGHT BARS, TORN BUMPERS, ETC. I ASSUME THE APPEARENCE OF THE OFFICER AND THE AGENCY EQUIPMENT IS JUST A REFLECT OF THE LOW MORAL AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP.

LCSO TOOK OVER FMPD JURISDICATION TO ALLOW FMPD ENTIRE DEPARTMENT TO ATTEND THE CEREMONY. LCSO HANDLED THE CALLS FOR SERVICES WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT AND WITHOUT A LARGE AMOUNT OF OVERTIME.

INCONCLUSION I BELIEVE WE ALL SHOULD COME TOGETHER AND BE APART OF THE SAME TEAM. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
LCSO took over for just one day, and didn't break a sweat because they didn't do anything. They had 5 deputies arrive on a call when FMPD would have had two officers. They were flustered on the radio, and didn't know how to handle much. I have worked calls with LCSO and I am not impressed with their skills or their abilities. I do not want to work for the county and do not want to be consolidated.

08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
LCSO took over for just one day, and didn't break a sweat because they didn't do anything. They had 5 deputies arrive on a call when FMPD would have had two officers. They were flustered on the radio, and didn't know how to handle much. I have worked calls with LCSO and I am not impressed with their skills or their abilities. I do not want to work for the county and do not want to be consolidated.

How would you know how they handled the calls or how they sounded on the radio? Did you skip they funeral so you can rate how well they did and listen to the radio? Don't forget that we also have officers that get flustered on the radio and can't handle much either!! I'm not impressed with some of our officers skills and abilities either but that doesn't mean that I can't work with them. How would you have handled a call if it was dispatched to you in the county, in Lehigh, or Bonita? They're not very familiar with our jurisdiction especially if they're new deputies, 5 deputies is better than 2, 10 deputies is better than 5, you get it, don't knock another department and keep your options open. You sound ungrateful, which is the exact reason why there is tension between the agencies, because of people like you, we're all cops. Bottom line is they stepped in to cover OUR calls when we had to attend Andy's funeral, be grateful and stop being a snob, they don't have any problems that we don't have

08-29-2008, 10:21 PM

You're such a dip sh** !!!! They did not have to help us at all you ignorant fool. I can't even believe you have the nerve to criticize the county after everything they have done for us. Wait a minute…….is this Mr. Daniels....what the heck are you doing expressing your hate towards Sheriff Office. You have been banned from this site!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Sheriff Scott.....I would be truly proud to work along side of you.

08-29-2008, 10:28 PM
LEE COUNTY/ FT MYERS AS A WHOLE HAS GREAT POLICE PRESENCE. WHEN I DRIVE DOWN US 41 ALL I SEE ARE CROWN VICS. BUT THEIR IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN APPEARANCE WHEN COMPARED TO THE DIFFERENT DEPTS.

I HOPE THE NEW POLICE CHIEF PUTS OFFICER SAFETY FIRST BECAUSE CAR RELATED CRASHES IS ONE OF THE LEADING CAUSES OF DEATHS NEXT TO GUNFIRE. IT IS EMBRASSING TO SEE A NEWLY PAINTED BLACK FMPD UNIT ALREADY BEATEN UP AND TORN DOWN.

WHAT IS THE REAL REASON FOR THE LACK OF EQUIPMENT. I KNOW THEY SAY $$$$$ BUTLAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY SHOULD ALWAYS COME FIRST.

I BELIEVE CONSOLIDATING WITH THE S.O. WOULD BE A VERY SMART AND COST SAVING MOVE THAT WOULD BENEFIT EVERYONE!

08-30-2008, 01:52 AM
As for appearence, the officers themselves look fine. they look tired and worn out because one shift will do that here. they look dirty because they probably just ran someone down and fought them.

As for vehicles thats a different story. The fleet is looking better, the pool cars are mainly all 03s and o4s with a few older ones, there are even quite a few black and whites in the general pool now. When we get the 09s next year i think it would be safe to say just about all the blue and whites will be phased out.

The problem with the cars are there arent enough, and the ones we have are beat to hell. The few black and whites they put into the fleet are shared by 3 people and used by others when there on the lot, so yo ucan bet the miles will be sky high in no time.

What really needs to happen is they need to bite the bullet, and buy a bunch of new cars. Not replacement cars, just new cars to add to the number of the fleet. At the most, there should be TWO people to a car, none of this 3 or more people using it. That will keep them nicer.

You pull into the sally port with an FMPD 04 or 05 car and park next to the LCSO 04 or 05 car and you can see the HUGE difference, adn that is because only one person uses the LCSO car. It really does make a difference to have one driver to a car. THey also last way way longer. And to mention it i think the oldest LCSO car i see around is an 04, and occasional 03 that says fleet spare. MAYBE FMPD SHOULD BUY THE SHERIFFS OLD CARS AND REPAINT THEM!

08-31-2008, 02:11 PM
You guys are missing the point. Patrol cars will always be an issue and who cares about them. After 5 years Blue Bird buys them and hauls drunks around them in town. The main issue here was CONSOLIDATION. Think about how much better it would if all the agencies combined to make LEE COUNTY a METRO PD. Think about the health benefits that would get better, more time off, more of brotherhood, availability to move around the county so you dont get burned out in one area.
That would be worth it. We could finally kick butt and take names and not drive by each other and not know whats going on. It would end the BS between the departments and bickering.
WE would all have an input into this process, TNINK ABOUT IT
R