PDA

View Full Version : Who started in the Jail?

dorydog
08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Who here has started their CCSO career in the Jail?

I'm currently working in the Jail. I'm dual certified and eligible for transfer and I'm at a bit of a crossroad. Do I make the jump and probably enjoy my job more or do I stay in the jail and promote and go for the $$?

What path did you choose and would you have chosen a different route with what you know now?

Thanks for the input,

Dorydog

P.S. Before some of you start the "dumb jailer" comments, I'm sure we can all agree that there are dumbasses on both sides of the sallyport. So let's not try to derail the thread with negative comments.

08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Who here has started their CCSO career in the Jail?

I'm currently working in the Jail. I'm dual certified and eligible for transfer and I'm at a bit of a crossroad. Do I make the jump and probably enjoy my job more or do I stay in the jail and promote and go for the $$?

What path did you choose and would you have chosen a different route with what you know now?

Thanks for the input,

Dorydog

P.S. Before some of you start the "dumb jailer" comments, I'm sure we can all agree that there are dumbasses on both sides of the sallyport. So let's not try to derail the thread with negative comments.

I loved the PS part.
Personally never worked the jail. I could not worked locked up, but it seems people in there love to turn in each other and everything a IA. Most of the road people are not out to get you, they're a few road supervisors that will get you to make themselves look better. But the voew from the car is better than a view from the sallyport.

08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I started in the jail, and working the road would be worth it even if they paid minimum wage....on the same note, no amount of money would keep me working in the jail

10-20-2008, 03:32 AM
bump - I have a headache