going to be a large metro police department. Whether the City
of Lake Worth and other cities will recognize this remains to
be seen. But with crime on the rise and government ability to
pay for police services on the decline, consolidation makes
sense for everyone involved. The American way of life is deteriorating,
and keeping the Centurions divided by political and
geographic boundaries will only further the decline of our
society."

This was a quote from a news letter, and I am sure everyone has read it. We should ALL feel this way as a group.

In addition the PBA is going to the table with the same BS year after year. We all know we are going to get ZERO! Especially after our activity involving the election. Art is already countering our moves with his own PR.

I am sad to see BW leave the PBA, and am a little sad to see what we have left. Everyone who begins to speak their mind is thrown a bone by the Chief, and then mums the word. That is just not right. PBA reps (SGT's) remember being in a school, a high energy school, using your vehicle to go to an elementary school twice a week, plus responding to calls for service. This is just wrong and absolutely unfair.

For real change, if you actually care, you will hold a closed door PBSO vote. Then present this idea, and how we are willing to save the District money by making this merger. Plus in turn they will be provided a better level of service. We all see the level of service on a downward spiral. The PD is down 20 guys, getting extremely top heavy, no raises for the next 2 years, and to top it all off, if anyone leaves they will not be replaced. Its obvious someone up the food chain is setting us up for failure.

As much as I would like to see us as SCHOOL POLICE, it is only a matter of time before we are metro, and PBSO. Instead of rejecting the idea, we should put the idea out there, and let them know, we are not afraid, and there are benefits, numerous benefits for us and them.

08-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Nice comments. Looks like you gave it a lot of thought. A closed door vote to show them we are willing to go PBSO. The thing is, they don’t care what our interest are. The latest pole gives us 4.5 years of life as a department left. Then we go where ever they decide. So, enjoy the ride and we will have great stories to tell in the unemployment line.

Da Bus Driver

08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Nice comments. Looks like you gave it a lot of thought. A closed door vote to show them we are willing to go PBSO. The thing is, they don’t care what our interest are. The latest pole gives us 4.5 years of life as a department left. Then we go where ever they decide. So, enjoy the ride and we will have great stories to tell in the unemployment line.

Da Bus Driver

You think that 4-5 has anything to do with the Chief and the founding mothers and fathers being in the DROP? We really are a sinking ship. We need to be rescued today, not in 4-5 years. When the Chief says no raises for the next 2 years, there is a problem, and I like my job, and the chief. Do the PBSO vote.

08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Actually we're down 24. We were authorized 184 (with 170 on board) when those 14 got cut. We're down to 160 and have at least one retirement coming up soon. PBSO has been authorized to hire, so we could be down a half dozen more before the Christmas Break. Eventually we will cease to be a viable police force. We're not like other depts that can change days off and/or shifts to fill gaps.

08-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Actually we're down 24. We were authorized 184 (with 170 on board) when those 14 got cut. We're down to 160 and have at least one retirement coming up soon. PBSO has been authorized to hire, so we could be down a half dozen more before the Christmas Break. Eventually we will cease to be a viable police force. We're not like other depts that can change days off and/or shifts to fill gaps.

Has anyone taken a look at our phone list? Its sad how extremely top heavy we are. Detectives, Majors, Commanders, Sergents, (but we only have 2 K9 officers, and the gang unit is just about surviving). There must be atleast 50 people not assigned a school. Then you have JP doing computers? Give that IT crap to a civilain and get JP in a school, we are SCHOOL POLICE, atleast for now. You see what I am getting at?

08-28-2008, 03:33 AM
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOTHING BUT WHINING WEASLES, NO WONDER YOU GET NO RESPECT. LOOK IN THE MIRROR MORONS AND YOU WILL SEE THE PROBLEM. DONT BLAME THE CHIEF, BLAME YOURSELF FOR STAYING HERE AND EXPECTING TO GET REWARDED. HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE DISTRICT HAVE TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR AZZ AND TELL YOU TO GO TAKE A HIKE BEFORE YOU GET THE MESSAGE. YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SIGNIFICANT RAISES. THE STUDENTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. LETS SEE IF WE HAVE NO STUDENTS ENROLLED THE DISTRICT GETS NO MONEY FROM YOUR FRAUDULENT GOVERNMENT, AND IF THERE ARE NO STUDENTS WE DONT NEED TEACHERS, WE WONT NEED THE BUS DRIVERS, THEN THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR POLICE EITHER. LOOK PEOPLE IF IT IS SO BAD YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE BUT IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FLUCK UP AND DO YOUR FLUCKING JOB YOU WHINING ITCHS.

08-28-2008, 11:36 PM
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOTHING BUT WHINING WEASLES, NO WONDER YOU GET NO RESPECT. LOOK IN THE MIRROR MORONS AND YOU WILL SEE THE PROBLEM. DONT BLAME THE CHIEF, BLAME YOURSELF FOR STAYING HERE AND EXPECTING TO GET REWARDED. HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE DISTRICT HAVE TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR AZZ AND TELL YOU TO GO TAKE A HIKE BEFORE YOU GET THE MESSAGE. YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SIGNIFICANT RAISES. THE STUDENTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. LETS SEE IF WE HAVE NO STUDENTS ENROLLED THE DISTRICT GETS NO MONEY FROM YOUR FRAUDULENT GOVERNMENT, AND IF THERE ARE NO STUDENTS WE DONT NEED TEACHERS, WE WONT NEED THE BUS DRIVERS, THEN THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR POLICE EITHER. LOOK PEOPLE IF IT IS SO BAD YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE BUT IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FLUCK UP AND DO YOUR FLUCKING JOB YOU WHINING ITCHS.

No! YOU SHUT THE FLUCK UP AZZHOLE!

08-29-2008, 02:17 AM
You still here old fart?? Why dont you go stop some more cars, run their DL just so you could let them go you IDIOT.

08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
You still here old fart?? Why don't you go stop some more cars, run their DL just so you could let them go you IDIOT.

We're r down 24 Officers, we will be down more. If you'll don't know a lot of officers but apps at other Departments, so look for more officers leaving this department because it's not going to last. 2 years with the same pay is not going to last. It will come a time when even the old officers have to leave. So think about it.

08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Well we looked like fools with our circus wagon, lost the election. The teachers got a 2% raise. We are losing staff, still driving our personal vehicles to emergencies with no legal clarification or definition... Manpower has been cut at sporting events to an unsafe level.
A good officer was transferred from Boca, close to his home, to Belle Glade. Weekly gas and wear and tear on his vehicle will cost him hundreds of dollars a month. Officers county wide all recognize how unsafe conditions are becoming, Did everyone from the PBA get sent to the promised land?. Do we have a real plan yet?. Or is our plan to be kicked around for a while by a couple of the Chiefs idiots, and wait to one of their stupid antics get someone hurt. PBA I understand this is a right to work state, many of our officers are unable to support their families, but there is strength in numbers. So PBA, and I know JH reads this daily. You have had a solid year, and to those of you that say JH is the man. I have a simple request for the dues I pay. What is the PBA plan, I’m asking the PBA, our legal team, our REPS, somebody post, or call a meeting and tell us the PBA future plans.
The manpower shortage will save the district over a million dollars this year. The Chief has legally put himself, and his staff in a position of secure employment. It really appears that we are a victim of numbers crunching, and our future is bleak at best. All these big plans the PBA proposed that failed, again what is next. If we don't receive an answer by Oct. 1st, 2008, it will be obvious the PBA is in hiding, then we need to shop for a new union as we have lost everything, and have nothing else to lose.

08-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Well we looked like fools with our circus wagon, lost the election. The teachers got a 2% raise. We are losing staff, still driving our personal vehicles to emergencies with no legal clarification or definition... Manpower has been cut at sporting events to an unsafe level.
A good officer was transferred from Boca, close to his home, to Belle Glade. Weekly gas and wear and tear on his vehicle will cost him hundreds of dollars a month. Officers county wide all recognize how unsafe conditions are becoming, Did everyone from the PBA get sent to the promised land?. Do we have a real plan yet?. Or is our plan to be kicked around for a while by a couple of the Chiefs idiots, and wait to one of their stupid antics get someone hurt. PBA I understand this is a right to work state, many of our officers are unable to support their families, but there is strength in numbers. So PBA, and I know JH reads this daily. You have had a solid year, and to those of you that say JH is the man. I have a simple request for the dues I pay. What is the PBA plan, I’m asking the PBA, our legal team, our REPS, somebody post, or call a meeting and tell us the PBA future plans.
The manpower shortage will save the district over a million dollars this year. The Chief has legally put himself, and his staff in a position of secure employment. It really appears that we are a victim of numbers crunching, and our future is bleak at best. All these big plans the PBA proposed that failed, again what is next. If we don't receive an answer by Oct. 1st, 2008, it will be obvious the PBA is in hiding, then we need to shop for a new union as we have lost everything, and have nothing else to lose.

According to the code 3 PBA Newsletter their plan (Rep BW) is to look into the following: tuition reimbursement, longevity, berevement, glades supplement, personal vehicle use and salary. I will tell ALL of you now, all of this is going to be denied with good reason; the district does not have the money. Also new representaion is not going to help, the district does not care about police, and have made it obvious, year after year. We will be given nothing in October, no matter what we ask for, or what any union proposes on our behalf.

I am sure AJ spoke to the Chief and said, if you want to keep your baby, this is what you WILL do.....and the Chief is doing it. Our only way out is this closed door PBSO vote. This will benefit everyone, the district and the police.

Propose this to our reps, its the only way. In acouple years we will be gone, maybe without a job. We must secure our future, and we all know that our future looks horrible.

09-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Vote all you want you freakin idiot it will not do a bit of good. But if it makes you feel like you are doing something then be my guess. What you should be doing is putting in your application to the SO or some other agency but ...oh I forgot you are not hireable. Your only chance to get into another department is to hope and pray for a merger. Well for all the numbskulls who keep wanting to go green here is a little bit of fact for you to gnaw on as you salivate at the possibility of a takeover. The reason the Sheriff is able to take over a city's existing police force is that they have one important thing we never will.......a tax base. You see my stupid dimwit friend everything is about money, a city has citizens who lives in their town, who owns property and therefore pays property taxes which generates revenue. But the district does not provide this for the Sheriff so this department will be ALL overhead for the County which means money out of their coiffures. (I hope that wasn't too an involved word for you.) So you see it is not feasible to merge the school police with the SO. It will cost the District way too much money for far less service than you are providinvg now. SO for those of you who want to leave get out now avoid the rush and for those who know that this is it for them just shut the fock up and do your fockin job. Enough already.

09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
The reason the Sheriff is able to take over a city's existing police force is that they have one important thing we never will.......a tax base.

NOT SO

The Sheriff gains nothing as far as a tax base by taking over a city. The County Government loses when a formerly unincorporated area becomes a city. Residents get tired of paying more in taxes then they receive back in services (a donor community). The County uses funds from the richer areas to subsidize the poorer areas. The County gains only when a city can no longer financially support itself and dissolves. Its no different than one city, for a fee, performing building inspections for another city. Our School District is a donor district. We do not get back from the State, dollar-for-dollar, what is paid by Palm Beach County. Because Florida has some small, poor, financially strapped County school districts, bigger ones like us, Dade, Broward, Hillsborough, Duval, & Pinellas wind up subsidizing them. People live in the smaller counties because the cost of living, primarily housing, is cheaper. Cheaper house minus homestead exemptions = a lot less taxes. It isn't fair that we have to subsidize them. Like him or not, AJ was right when he complained to the State about this funding formula.

09-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I see it like this: If the school District pays about 16 million to fund their police department, and AJ has stated to us in the past something like "law enforcement is important to schools, but can be done by any law enforcement agency." Knowing this helps you to understand, that we are replacable. If the District wants to save money, its obvious that getting police service elsewhere is an avenue they will explore, especially if they can get the service for less than 16 million.

I look at a PBSO merger not as a green dream, or an attempt to "get in" where I can't but rather a way for to survive. Our level of sevice is declining, and the ability to make a half way decent living is deteroriating. 25 Officers down, no raises for 2 years.......... all areas should be explored right about now.