PDA

View Full Version : Cape Coral police officer's arrest in Key West

08-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Christine Suskevich fired a .32-caliber automatic gun inside the Key West residence where she and Cape Coral police Officer Curt Suskevich were staying, according to an arrest report by Key West police.

The gunshot, fired shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, did not hit anyone. Christine Suskevich told police she “just wanted to get (her husband’s) attention,” and that she did not intend to harm him or herself, police said.

While police were taking the report, they noticed a marijuana pipe with a green leafy substance inside lying on the kitchen countertop in plain view.

Curt Suskevich consented to a search. When asked whose marijuana it was, he replied, “It’s hers. I know she does it, and I just try to ignore it because I am a ...” The space was whited out in the report, but Suskevich is a Cape Coral police officer.

Christine Suskevich admitted the marijuana was hers. She refused to submit to a urine test, police said, so she was charged with possession of marijuana/less than 20 grams, discharging a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, and refusing to take a urine test.

Curt Suskevich also was charged with possession of marijuana/less than 20 grams because he “had full knowledge of the marijuana being inside the residence,” the arrest report says.

Besides the pipe, marijuana also was found in a silver container on the kitchen countertop and inside a prescription bottle inside a makeup bag that was hanging on the upstairs bathroom closet door. Also, partially smoked marijuana joints were found inside a tin can next to the pipe, and rolled marijuana joints were found in the silver case, police said.

Curt Suskevich told police the argument started after the couple had been drinking all day and then had sex in the living room, according to the arrest report.

Christine Suskevich walked outside, but Curt Suskevich could not find her. Christine Suskevich said her husband had locked her out of the house, but Curt Suskevich explained that he locked the front door after he had looked outside there, yelled her name and didn’t hear a reply, the arrest report says.

Curt Suskevich said he also yelled her name out the back porch, again with no reply. When he went upstairs to look for her, he heard banging on the front door. It was her, according to the arrest report, and he let her in.

Curt Suskevich said he then went outside to a scooter to get some movies, then walked back inside. He sat down and began to watch a movie when he heard a gunshot from the kitchen. He said he grabbed his firearm from the countertop and secured it, according to the arrest report.

Christine Suskevich said she fired the round toward the back bedroom.

A casing was found on the floor next to the kitchen island. A couple of tears were in the carpet next to the west wall in the kitchen, an indentation was in the west wall, and the bullet was next to that wall on the floor, police said.

Police asked Curt Suskevich if there were any other firearms in the residence. He said there was a Glock 27 upstairs in the front bedroom, and that there were two loaded magazines inside the chest of drawers.

Police found the Glock 27, two magazines for the Glock, and 18 .40-caliber jacketed hollow-point bullets.

The weapons, ammunition and drugs were seized as evidence, police said.

1:25 p.m update Cape Coral police officer, wife arrested in Key West on drug charges
A Cape Coral police officer and his wife were arrested on a marijuana possession charge in Key West, according to the Monroe County Detention Center Web site.

His wife was additionally charged with using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, the Web site says.

Curt Edward Suskevich, 37, was charged Tuesday with possession of marijuana/not more than 20 grams. He was released Wednesday from Monroe County Jail after posting $328 bond.

Christine Michelle Suskevich, 34, was charged with use of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol and possession of marijuana/not more than 20 grams. Both are misdemeanor counts.

She was released Wednesday after posting $2,000 bond.

Suskevich has been placed on paid administrative leave, police spokeswoman Connie Barron said.

“We are aware of the situation,” Barron said. “He is being placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.”

His wife does not work for the police department and is not a Cape Coral city employee.

Dont worry guys...the charges won't stick...Can you say suppression hearing??? They found misdemeanor Marijuana inside the apartment in plain-view. Who cares? How many calls have you been on where you found or saw in plain-view a little bit of weed? You confiscate it, or flush it down the toilet and you give the person the "Drugs are bad speech" then you leave. His wife admitted the Marijuana was hers. So why did they arrest him??? Sounds like there are some real jack arses working down in Key West. All the damn Cocaine and Heroin coming into the country via Key West and they arrest a brother in blue for a little bag of weed that wasn't his? I'm not condoning what happened, but you all know as well as I do that this was all done to promote embarrassment and humiliation to this officer and his wife. Unbelievable....

08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
HE NEEDS TO RESIGN. KEY WEST POLICE ARE PRETTY LAID BACK, HE MUST HAVE ACTED LIKE A ****Y ASS TO GET LOCKED UP. I AM SURE HE REPRESENTED ALL LEO'S WITH PROFESSIONALISM TO THE KEY WEST POLICE DEPARTMENT.

DevilDogg
08-25-2008, 01:26 AM
FU guest. Some stuff happens in another jurisdiction and your are going to pass judgement? You talk like you know him. This is one great cop with a pulse on the "dirt-bags". Maybe you are one of them you spineless jellyfish! And by the way, if you are going to post, cowboy the F-up and register a name.

Good luck my brother from another mother. There are people pulling for you from other places besides the Cape!

08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe we could have DevilDogg the LEO Affairs Captain in the movie also with his pretty rifle along with Charleston Heston. They could be a stand in, inside Taco Bell when they order their food and give some words of wisdom to suscevich. It seems the Devildogg needs to smoke a joint and relax a bit, dont worry Devildogg be happy

09-07-2008, 02:12 AM
How many calls have you been on where you found or saw in plain-view a little bit of weed? You confiscate it, or flush it down the toilet and you give the person the "Drugs are bad speech" then you leave.

Maybe that's what happens when it's another cop's drugs stash that's found. But down here in Cape Coral they relish the opportunity to run the average Joe in for petty stuff like possession of marijuana less then 20 grams. They don't care how petty the charge is, they will bust you, and they'll do it with an attitude.

It's sad but a lot of CCPD officers have attitude problems, this is likely what pissed off Key West cops enough to charge them with drug possession instead of overlook it.

09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
You wouldn't arrest a civilian for a misdemeanor weed possession. Why would arrest one of your fellow police officers??? It just doesn't make sense.

09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
You wouldn't arrest a civilian for weed. Why would you arrest one of your fellow officers??? Doesn't make any sense.

10-06-2008, 02:53 AM
All you guys better start cleaning your systems, because if your agency has a mandatory department uranalysis, most of you guys (on the road) will be out of a job.........what a shame!! "to protect and serve" very funny!

10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I would have zero respect for CCPD of they let this joker have his job back. Who is going to take him serious on the road. Administrators you betta make a good decision or you will be the laughing stock fo SW florida

10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
How long does it take to fire a guy? Do the right thing Curt - Resign

10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
How long does it take to fire a guy? Do the right thing Curt - Resign

He wont resign, he would rather make us look bad.

11-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Why is this joker walking the hallways still. Better yet, now he's teaching the new recruits. What's his specialty .... rolling one?

11-14-2008, 03:43 AM
I've lived in the Cape for 20 years. My husband served honorably with the LCSO. Unfortunately CCPD has a horrible reputation. Some house cleaning needs to be done and done quickly. We hold our officers to a higher standard - to serve and protect - it is supposed to mean something. I have experienced the nasty attitude of the CCPD myself as have some of my friends. A badge and gun does not give you the right to be mean spirited and nasty. You are supposed to be there for our protection. Straighten up young men or get out.
Concerned Citizen

11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
I would have zero respect for CCPD of they let this joker have his job back. Who is going to take him serious on the road. Administrators you betta make a good decision or you will be the laughing stock fo SW florida

I'm afraid you've missed the boat. CCPD is already the laughing stock of SWFL and has been for a long time. Sadly things just keep getting worse.

It's bad enough you guys have a superiority complex when it comes to the average Joe you‘ve pulled over. Now your shooting the Taco Bell manager FOR ASSISTING YOU AT YOUR REQUEST. You guys had to search the Bobby Noonan daycare center 3 times over before finding teachers and children hiding in the bathroom over an hour later, because you don't have a clue about securing a building.

And lets not forget the time two of you clowns chased that motorcycle coming off the Cape bridge through the downtown business district (35mph) at damned near 100 mph. Then couldn't stop fast enough when he crashed, so TWO cop cars end up running the guy over as he's sprawled out in the street.

Unbelievable! The cops from the comedy "Supertroopers" look profession next to you guys!

Oh yea, lets not forget the time two of Chief Gibbs own officers had to tail his crack head daughter and her drug dealing boyfriend back to their sleazy motel room, then kick the door in while she's desperately trying to flush all the coke down the toilet.

And lets most certainly not forget the 1990 double rape and murder of 11 yr old Robin Cornell and her 32 yr old baby sitter Lisa Storey. I was absolutely floored when i read the front page of the News-Press about 10 years after this case went cold. Apparently Robins mother had requested her daughters belongings back (that had been taken into evidence that night). Upon opening the envelope with her daughters stuff in it she found a key ring with Toyota car keys on it, house keys, a distinctive key fob etc.

OBVIOUSLY an 11 year old girl has no need for Toyota keys. Not to mention the house keys didn't fit the house she was living in. Nor did they belong to Lisa Storey or anyone else connected with the house!

The Cape Coral police actually had the murderers keys from day 1 but booked them into evidence as belonging to the 11 yr old victim. OMFG you guys couldn't investigate your way out of a paper bag!

Then there was the (obviously politically motivated) Vanderlins(sp?) double murder/shotgun executions you couldn’t solve too. Yes i could go on and on but whats the point... you guys make the actors on "RENO 911" look professional.

And your worried Curt is making a laughing stock out of the CCPD? Well you’ve got a lot more then that to worry about because people in Lee have a long memory, and your departments screw ups are legendary.

On this Thanksgiving morning I wish I could be thankful I have a competent police force protecting me, but I don’t. I guess I should be thankful one of you jokers haven’t accidentally shot me yet. :(

12-07-2008, 03:19 AM
I'll smoke to that..........I mean "drink to that"...

12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Well...when you have idiots running the place, what do you expect!!

capeBarbour
12-26-2008, 05:08 AM
The thing that amazes me most is the number of spinelessly overopinionated cops that feel the need to whine and moan. It's probably the same people that dodge calls and leave their partners hanging. As always the width of the thin blue line is far less impressive than it should be.

12-30-2008, 01:59 AM
you go DAN

01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Well...when you have idiots running the place, what do you expect!!

Slightly better then what we've got. That's what i'd expect from idiots running the department.

01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Uh-Oh is the same idiot writing blogs on Fort Myers PD and LCSO. It seems this clown is trying to cause an interagency squabble between CCPD, LCSO and FMPD. What a shame this clown has nothing else to do. I wish I had some of his time

01-03-2009, 07:38 PM
If you think my goal is to foster interagency squabbles or some such nonsense, then i hope you don't plan on making detective anytime soon. : )

My comments are a drop in the ocean compared to the damage CCPD has already done to their reputation with the FMPD and the LCSO.

I mean really, comments from some yahoo don't foster interagency squabbles. Needlessly harassing the family and friends of FMPD and LCSO officers, while telling them you don't have any discretion in the matter, that's why CCPD has "interagency squabbles" with FMPD/LCSO. If CCPD would stop power tripping like that they would have alot more support from FMPD/LCSO officers.

capeBarbour
01-04-2009, 08:05 AM
There used to be a time where officers didn't see the patch on the sleeve they saw the badge on the chest. Every agency has bad apples. Welcome to life. Uh-Oh that's a dose of reality that some wish to ignore. This "grass is always greener" mentality makes me sick. Why is it that as society gets worse and the level of violence directed towards officers increases we are reduced to a bunch of snivelling cry babies?

01-07-2009, 02:54 AM
NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY GOOD BY. Kurt S. is gone. He put an application in with Key West Police Narcotics Unit. Good Luck Kurt

01-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I was singin the same song. It is a shame it took so long. The good guys always win!

01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
As they say, it ain't over until it's over! lol

http://www.cape-coral-daily-breeze.com/page/content.detail/id/501804.html?nav=5011

Officer will appeal termination from CCPD

Officer 'did nothing wrong' in Key West drug incident, union rep says

By CONNOR HOLMES, cholmes@breezenewspapers.com POSTED: January 8, 2009

...The drug charge was later dropped against Suskevich. The Cape Coral Police Department, though, terminated Suskevich following a lengthy internal investigation, due to "conduct unbecoming of an officer."

"Officer Suskevich is appealling his termination and the Florida State Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council will be representing him," said Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 33 President Kurtis Grau. "We stand behind our members and the FOP does not agree with this decision. Officer Suskevich is being held responsible for the actions of another and he did nothing wrong. I don't want to make any further comments on the case until the matter is resolved in the near future."

In a statement released Wednesday, Police Cheif Rob Petrovich said the decision to terminate Suskevich's employment was not based on the initial criminal charge placed against him, but rather his awareness of Christine Suskevich's alleged marijuana use and lack of affirmative action to correct the illegal activity.

Suskevich's decision to appeal his termination is based on "Article 8 of Ordinance 50-94 or grieving his suspension through Article 11 of the Police Collective Bargaining Agreement," according to city spokesperson Connie Barron.

Suskevich was hired in March 1999 and made $59,945 annually.

What the hell was he supposed to do in this situation? Betray his wife by arresting her and testifing against her for smoking pot? What about Floridas spousal priveledge statute that prevents the compelled testimony of a spouse? What the hell did Petrovich expect him to do here? So his wife had some pot with here while they were on VACATION in key west. Was Kurt supposed to arrest her when she pulled a baggy out and testify against her? This stinks...

01-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Ask Mike Maher what he would do in this situation? BUt Mikes wife did not fire the gun like she was at the range.

01-10-2009, 03:31 AM
How about he man-up and flush it

01-10-2009, 04:21 PM
The longer i live in Florida the more i think it's a really f'd up ass-backward state. Why can you get up to a year in prison, $1000 fine and a 2 year drivers license suspension for marijuana possession less then 20 grams? Why is that!? In a lot of states that's a $100-250 citation. Florida's drug laws are absolute horse shit. Why is marijuana possession less then 20 grams taken as a far more serious offense then DUI first offense? DUI is treated as a serious offense in Florida yet possessing a few grams of pot is more serious threat to public safety?

Just what the hell is with them being able to suspend your license over a minor drug charge that had NOTHING to do with driving? I realize that driving is a privilege, but this is just as stupid as suspending people license over a ****ing overdue library book, yet this is tolerated solely for drugs convictions?

I swear we need some kind of federal reform that recognizes that driving is a privilege BUT the only grounds to revoke that privilege is driving related offenses or medical conditions, period. anything else is bull. It should be strickly public safety and restitution for driving related damages. Those should be the only grounds for pulling someones drivers license in this day and age when it's your lifeline to being a productive citizen. Otherwise it should be SHALL ISSUE and they can't touch it for any other reason. You can already loose your license for DUI on drugs so the loosing your drivers license w/ no driving tie-in for marijauna is BS.

If we had needed to have a "riders license" to ride a freaking horse back when the constitution was being drafted you can be damned sure there would have been some "shall issue" protections in there and they wouldn't of been able to pull it for BS reasons that have nothing to do with safely riding a horse.

As for marijuana. It needs to be reclassified at the federal level under the controlled substances act to jive with scientific reality. Possession of small amounts needs to be decriminalized and treated like any other petty offense, like speeding less then twice the posted limit. It should be a civil infraction and you get smacked down with a $100 ticket and loose your stash.

Why is it the same legislators that pass all these bullshit "i'm tough on drugs" laws never have to face them? When your a state legislator cops use their discretion (for fear of administration politics) to see to it you'll never have to face the laws you've spearheaded. ****ing hypocrites.

Next time you guys have gotten one of those SOB's dead to rights STICK THE KNIFE IN AND TWIST IT AROUND A BIT. **** ADMINISTRATION POLITICS AND DO THE RIGHT THING for God's sake! Let these damned two faced politicians face their transgressions head on in court just like every one else dammit!

I actually feel bad for Kurt being in this situation with his wife because i abhor the stiffness of the statute she's charged with, but i got to hand it to KWPD for sticking it to his hypocritical ass. If only more cops had the balls to man up and let it go down like they did. The law is the law, even for those that draft and enforce them!

Politicians are such ****ing cowards when it comes to marijuana. State referendums and polls show reform is long overdue yet these corporate backed ****ing cowards are still preaching 1970's marijuana drug policy based on fear and bad science. Our society has paid a huge collective price for this.

When are we going to collectively pull our heads out of our asses and stop victimizing our brother, sisters, cousins, wives etc. with these draconian marijuana laws that are disproportionate? When will we finally take a stand and let thse politicians know we're sick of this shit?

And if your going to mumble some crap about marijuana being a gateway drug shut the **** up! Because if it is, well so is tobacco and alcohol mr. hypocrite. Everyone I've ever know who's tried pot has drank alcohol and tried smoking first. At some point nearly everyone experiments with "adult" products as children. That's no excuse for criminalizing those products and calling them a gateway to serious drug abuse.

The only way marijuana might be a gateway is the fact we've criminalized it. Therefore kids have to acquire it from those who deal other illegal drugs. That's bad. If on the other hand it was legalized (for adults, duh) kids wouldn't need to get to know drug dealing thugs just ot do a little experimentation, just like they don't for alcohol and tobacco because there easily acquirable around the home, at the store etc.

Take the allure away that it's some sexy criminal bad boy thing and equate it to alcohol and tobacco and it would actually LOOSE allure to those who experiment at a young age.

01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
How about he man-up and flush it yea sure, great idea. he may as well file for divorce while he's at it because it's already over if your doing crap like that to your wife.

How about he man up and admit it was his pot too instead of letting his wife be the fall guy? She took the fall because Key West was hard assed about a little pot. Good, it's same bad deal the rest of us get here in the Cape when we have a little pot on us. No reason he shouldn't go down hard to.

01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Did admin require him to take an employment drug test after he was charged with drug possession? they should have. All you guys should have to pass pre-employment screening as well as random testing or at least after any incidents. Like after traffic accidents or getting busted for drugs.

Please tell me they drug test you guys if your busted for drugs and fired you on the spot if you refuse.

01-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Did admin require him to take an employment drug test after he was charged with drug possession? they should have. All you guys should have to pass pre-employment screening as well as random testing or at least after any incidents. Like after traffic accidents or getting busted for drugs.

Please tell me they drug test you guys if your busted for drugs and fired you on the spot if you refuse.

NO they just hire anybody and do not worry about drug tests. What the hack kind of question is that, of course they preemployment scan, drug test randomly and after accidents. Where are you from France?

01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Sorry, just asking. Nothing surprises me with Cape cops anymore. I expected the pre-employment bit and after accidents. I'll admit that if they random drug test you guys i'm a bit surprised at that bit of thoroughness on the part of Administration. Usually they wait until something embarrassing happens before they quietly rain(sp?) you guys in with tighter regulations.

Like after the high speed pursuit down Cape Coral Parkway that resulted in two cops both running over the speeding biker they we're chasing. They we're going like a bat out of hell in a 35 mph business district and couldn't stop fast enough. Over a speeding ticket and eluding. That could of been any pedestrian crossing the street that they killed. The fact it turned out to be the biker they we're chasing doesn't make it any better. If you look at the annual police report, surprise, surprise high speed pursuits are WAY down over the previous year that it happened. I going to assume new regulations went into effect after that public relations disaster.

So anyway does anyone know if Kurt suddenly came up for random testing in the wake of getting tagged with a drug charge in another jurisdiction? If so did he pass?

01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry, just asking. Nothing surprises me with Cape cops anymore. I expected the pre-employment bit and after accidents. I'll admit that if they random drug test you guys i'm a bit surprised at that bit of thoroughness on the part of Administration. Usually they wait until something embarrassing happens before they quietly rain(sp?) you guys in with tighter regulations.

Like after the high speed pursuit down Cape Coral Parkway that resulted in two cops both running over the speeding biker they we're chasing. They we're going like a bat out of hell in a 35 mph business district and couldn't stop fast enough. Over a speeding ticket and eluding. That could of been any pedestrian crossing the street that they killed. The fact it turned out to be the biker they we're chasing doesn't make it any better. If you look at the annual police report, surprise, surprise high speed pursuits are WAY down over the previous year that it happened. I going to assume new regulations went into effect after that public relations disaster.

So anyway does anyone know if Kurt suddenly came up for random testing in the wake of getting tagged with a drug charge in another jurisdiction? If so did he pass?

Seems as though you know too much for stupid citizen, why dont you mind your own business and worry about your own problems. If you dont like the way we chased the motorcyclist then move out of Cape Coral. Its typical liberals like you that screw up law enforcement.

01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Lets see some guy comes off the Cape bridge a little hot on his sport bike and disrespects your authority when one of you try to pull him over for a speeding ticket. What do two of you yahoos do? Pursue him at nearly three times the posted limit through a downtown pedestrian business district like he just robbed a bank. Good lord didn't they teach you rookies how to use a police radio at the academy? That's all it would have taken to apprehend that joker. Not a deadly high speed pursuit through downtown over a god damned traffic ticket.

There's a reason police pursuits are way down over previous years and it's because the Chief ripped you guys a new asshole after that stunt. I'm not moving anywhere buddy so if you don't like the department being held accountable, then maybe it's you who should pack up and get out.

01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I cannot say for sure, didn't hear from the source, but through the grapevine I heard that Suskevich did indeed pass a post-incident drug test. For those vilifying him....I don't know him well, but the time or two I've met him he was a nice guy, and I've heard from others that he's an excellent cop. No one but the Suskevich's can know what their marriage is like, but that's just a tough situation that came to an unfortunate head. Sounds like a good cop with marital issues (and how many of us, cops or not, deal with those), whose wife happens to smoke weed. Just sorry to see the ensuing mess, best wishes to all involved....

01-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Interesting. If he did pass a drug test that's just confirms my thinking he's getting a raw deal from the Chief. My feeling is the conduct unbecoming charge is just a politically correct cop-out to sound tough on drugs. I suspect that had the misdemeanor he and his wife where initially charged with had been something more politically correct, then he wouldn't of been fired but reprimanded and kept his job.

I'm the same guy that's been giving CCPD a hard time here over their many foibles and transgressions but from everything I've heard Kurt was one of the good guys at CCPD. If so it's a damned shame to see him go down like this. I for one give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the best. Even if he has no desire to remain with CCPD after this, I hope the FOP puts up a good fight over his dismissal on conduct unbecoming charges.

To you truly good cops at CCPD, you know who you are, peace and best wishes for the new year. It's a shame you have to live in the shadow of the load mouth yahoos who have a hard-on to prove their mettle and keep embarrassing the dept. Those are the guys who need to shape up or ship out. They're the ones that should be getting slammed with conduct unbecoming charges. But such is life. To you good guys, hang in there and keep doing what your doing. We know who you are and appreciate everything you do. :wink:

01-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Interesting. If he did pass a drug test that's just confirms my thinking he's getting a raw deal from the Chief. My feeling is the conduct unbecoming charge is just a politically correct cop-out to sound tough on drugs. I suspect that had the misdemeanor he and his wife where initially charged with had been something more politically correct, then he wouldn't of been fired but reprimanded and kept his job.

I'm the same guy that's been giving CCPD a hard time here over their many foibles and transgressions but from everything I've heard Kurt was one of the good guys at CCPD. If so it's a damned shame to see him go down like this. I for one give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the best. Even if he has no desire to remain with CCPD after this, I hope the FOP puts up a good fight over his dismissal on conduct unbecoming charges.

To you truly good cops at CCPD, you know who you are, peace and best wishes for the new year. It's a shame you have to live in the shadow of the load mouth yahoos who have a hard-on to prove their mettle and keep embarrassing the dept. Those are the guys who need to shape up or ship out. They're the ones that should be getting slammed with conduct unbecoming charges. But such is life. To you good guys, hang in there and keep doing what your doing. We know who you are and appreciate everything you do. :wink:

Buddy Give me a break get a life and get a job. What do you know about judging cops from good and bad? Let me guess a bad cop jumps on your smart mouth and shuts you up because you have a big mouth and you talk crap. Get a life.

capeBarbour
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
It dawns on me now that even replying to the ignorance on this site is a waste of my time. For the sake of my soapbox I will share these thoughts:

1. If you think you are above making a mistake, think again.
2. If you think that politics doesn't play a roll in this career field, think again.
3. If you think the average citizen doesn't have any say in your job, think again.

Being a police officer is an honor. Act like it. This is a customer service field whether you like it or not. Those of you who know me understand that I am not in any way saying we should allow people to walk all over us. I am saying that if you are not mature enough to realize how your interaction with Joe Public affects your raise, or new building, or more cops, or any of the other countless whines I hear on a daily basis then it's time to find a new career.

Am I perfect? Not a chance. I make as many mistakes as anyone else (usually more). Hopefully I don't come across as better than anyone and if I do feel free to talk to me about it. I will gladly apologize and attempt to correct or explain it. Or should I just log in as a GUEST next time?

06-06-2009, 10:49 PM
This Barbour guy is about the only guy in this entire department that is sincere and speaks any sense what so ever! Nice job and keep being real buddy.

07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
30 days from now Curt will be back with us. The judge will be tossing out the firing and we will get a good man back.

07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes he will he did nothing wrong

07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
30 days from now Curt will be back with us. The judge will be tossing out the firing and we will get a good man back.

How can the judge throw out an administrative decision the department made? Get your facts straight

copscop
10-05-2009, 05:53 AM
He should have never been arrested. His wife admitted the drugs were hers...She is an adult.

Some Key West cops are real a-holes.

10-06-2009, 06:29 AM
He should have never been arrested. His wife admitted the drugs were hers...She is an adult.

Some Key West cops are real a-holes.
The Cape cops have arrested plenty of people that shouldn't have been arrested too. Some Cape cops are real a-holes. As they say "What comes around goes around". :twisted:

10-06-2009, 06:43 AM
And no i didn't mean Kurt personally deserved what he got. He was a victim of the bad karma the cape cops have created for themselves.

11-14-2009, 04:26 AM
When is this coming to an end? I thought he was gone already

12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Anyone heard wazzup with smokey

12-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Its coming next week

01-09-2010, 03:38 AM
welcome back Curt!!!!!

01-09-2010, 04:20 AM
From the News-Press ......... " Cape Coral Police Chief Robert Petrovich fired Curt Suskevich, 38, in January 2009, for conduct unbecoming an officer after he was arrested in Key West on a marijuana charge. The charge was later dropped."

"Humphries ruled Suskevich will not be entitled to back pay, she said.

Thank you sire may I have another.

Let me get his straight...... Suskevich was arrested in Key West and charges quickly dropped. No crime. Yet, CCPD runs an internal and Chief P determines he is guilty of conduct unbecoming even after there are no longer any charges plus he is then fired. While there are no charges against Steve P. and J Obrien, everyone knows what they did,,,,,,,, by their own admission. Chief P. does not initiate any internal. No internal and both are allowed to work until one resigns. Repeat...... resigns. No conduct unbecoming there???? On top of that, let's add insult to the injury and NOT allow Curt any back pay. He was pulled out of the sgt testing and not even allowed to finish the damn thing. Missed a year in the pension. All for not doing anything wrong. No crime.

Does anyone see any problem with any of that? Anyone?

Curt, glad you got your job back, but c'mon. Why would you want to work at that place anymore.

01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Apparently Suskevich doesn't sound enough life Petrovich to invoke the special "look the other way" rule.

Everyone sees what's wrong with this. The problem is if you say it, the admin themselves will be on here anonymously slamming you. What do you think will happen at work?

01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome back Curt! Don't listen to any B.S. on this site! You will out last every admin puke and you will end up retiring 10 years before for most of the kids on this site even figure out what the hell being a cop is all about. Good to have you and your wife back!

01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
In his ruling to reinstate Suskevich, Humphries noted Suskevich was not found to be in possession of illegal drugs and was not convicted of any crime. Humphries also noted Suskevich had 10 years of meritorious service with the department before he was fired. Curt needed to fight this - glad he's back.

“To conclude he had not been aware of his wife’s drug use ... is to cast a blind eye upon clear and convincing evidence to the contrary,” Humphries stated in his decision.

For the chief to fire him because he knew about a crime that a family member was committing was nothing more than pure hypocrisy.

Welcome back Curt.

01-10-2010, 01:45 AM
“To conclude he had not been aware of his wife’s drug use ... is to cast a blind eye upon clear and convincing evidence to the contrary,” Humphries stated in his decision.

For the chief to fire him because he knew about a crime that a family member was committing was nothing more than pure hypocrisy.

Welcome back Curt.[/quote]

How many people knew what SP or JO was doing and turned the blind eye? How many other internals for wrong doing about SP had a blind eye investigate that? Hope the knew people in eye have our insurance without the vision policy coverage. We could all use a little of that diminished eyesight.

Has anyone else been afforded the opportunity to finish any other promotional process while they were under investigation? Or was Curt singled out because he wasn't a do boy or yes man?

Welcome back Curt!!!

oidvn
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Why is it that public comment and the media are so quick to believe as absolutely true that the wife alone owned the weed or shot the gun in the house? Women do smoke weed and shoot guns so I'm not saying she is innocent. I'm just perplexed how everyone but me knows she's guilty.

They established Curt doesn't tell the truth, at least when trying to protect his employment:

...[Independent arbitrator Thomas] Humphries wrote he didn’t believe Suskevich’s claim his wife concealed her marijuana use from him. “To conclude he had not been aware of his wife’s drug use ... is to cast a blind eye upon clear and convincing evidence to the contrary”...
http://www.news-press.com/article/20100 ... arbitrator (http://www.news-press.com/article/20100108/NEWS0101/100108092/1003/ACC/Cape-Coral-police-officer--fired-in--09--reinstated-by-arbitrator)

01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Why is it that public comment and the media are so quick to believe as absolutely true that the wife alone owned the weed or shot the gun in the house? Women do smoke weed and shoot guns so I'm not saying she is innocent. I'm just perplexed how everyone but me knows she's guilty.

They established Curt doesn't tell the truth, at least when trying to protect his employment:

...[Independent arbitrator Thomas] Humphries wrote he didn’t believe Suskevich’s claim his wife concealed her marijuana use from him. “To conclude he had not been aware of his wife’s drug use ... is to cast a blind eye upon clear and convincing evidence to the contrary”...
http://www.news-press.com/article/20100 ... arbitrator (http://www.news-press.com/article/20100108/NEWS0101/100108092/1003/ACC/Cape-Coral-police-officer--fired-in--09--reinstated-by-arbitrator)

If you believe CCPD is corrupt or incompetent enough to not drug test an officer they're internally investigating, in the wake of having been arrested for drug possession by another department, then yeah i guess he could have been smoking too and got away with it. r he could have done something to beat the test too.

But I've known more then a few couples where one hasn't touched drugs in years while the other still smokes a little weed and they get along just fine with no drama or need for the other to quit. So in order to believe Kurts guilty i'd have to assume quite a few things before i could believe he smokes too.

Besides i could care less if he smokes pot. Smoking a little pot is the least of my worries about the Cape cops. I doubt most people care either...

And another thing, you don't need to believe his claim of innocence is "absolutely true" to justify not firing him. On the other hand you have to have real evidence he's guilty if you are going to fire him for it. Unfounded suspicions are a really, really crappy reason for firing someone you don't have any real dirt on. M'kay?

oidvn
01-12-2010, 01:40 AM
If you believe CCPD is corrupt or incompetent enough to not drug test an officer they're internally investigating, in the wake of having been arrested for drug possession by another department, then yeah i guess he could have been smoking too and got away with it. r he could have done something to beat the test too.

But I've known more then a few couples where one hasn't touched drugs in years while the other still smokes a little weed and they get along just fine with no drama or need for the other to quit. So in order to believe Kurts guilty i'd have to assume quite a few things before i could believe he smokes too.

Besides i could care less if he smokes pot. Smoking a little pot is the least of my worries about the Cape cops. I doubt most people care either...

And another thing, you don't need to believe his claim of innocence is "absolutely true" to justify not firing him. On the other hand you have to have real evidence he's guilty if you are going to fire him for it. Unfounded suspicions are a really, really crappy reason for firing someone you don't have any real dirt on. M'kay?

I know that a department could skip testing him initially. Happens enough to not be shocking for reasons that aren't hard to figure out. There is nothing saying he was initially tested in the older articles - where it WAS mentioned that his wife declined the request to be tested. I noticed.

The point for me is not if CS had weed in his system - though that would have been good to know and made things clear. The same investigative process you are assuming did test him is the same process that did determine that he was not telling the truth.

So the point is not weed, it's honesty. The joints reportedly were on the counter in plain view. So, if he's not honest about that... ?

01-12-2010, 02:12 AM

Here's the deal if you lie for another law enforcement officer in this department who is in a position of power or cover up for them or conceal something for them or not report certain moral turpitude violations, than you are protected just about forever. It happens there is one who is currently employed with us under federal investigation. Who has he protected? What has he help sweep under the carpet? The other was related to a position of power and was allowed to stay employed just about forever until his relative started taking on the heat, then and only then did he do the right thing.

Curt should be promoted if he lied and protected his wife under the current administration past practices. He should receive the medal for it also, oh wait we don't give medals for being faithful to spouses. We give out specialty positions, promotions and other things for that. My bad.

It's not a matter of truth here, they don't care, help them stay protected and where they wanna be and you're golden forever.

01-12-2010, 02:15 AM
, oh wait we don't give medals for being faithful to spouses. We give out specialty positions, promotions and other things for that. My bad.

It is your bad. We do that for being unfaithful to your spouses. Jack arse.

01-12-2010, 02:40 AM
When it comes to integrity and the CC police department the least of my worries is if Kurt knew about a little pot his wife had with her, and if he fibbed about it to distance himself some. Show me where Kurts outright lied his ass off on police reports, as i've seen at least one other officer do, then yeah then i'll agree with you his ass needs to be fired. Until then there are much bigger fish to fry. The administration has used this incident as a red herring to distract us from the real wrongdoings at CCPD. What they did to Kurt was strictly a public relations move because of the media attention his arrest got. I don't believe for a second that he would have been fired had this unfolded in a more low key way.

Should Kurt have been reprimanded for trying to deny he had any knowledge of his wifes MJ? Yes, fired no. That's basically what the arbitrator decided as well. And BTW I haven't heard anyone assume Kurts story was "absolutely true" besides you.

oidvn
01-12-2010, 06:29 AM
The gunshot is what concerns me - and honesty surrounding what happened.
Whoever pulled the trigger raised the risk level and liability level for murder and wrongful death.

Was it his department issued weapon?

Since CS is coming back, I like the last chance agreement and random drug testing provisions put in place.

01-12-2010, 07:53 AM
whatever... nobody cares what your concerns are.

01-12-2010, 08:56 AM

I care, this guy cant be trusted. He should resign and move on with his life. He wont get the respect he deserves.

01-12-2010, 09:02 AM

I care, this guy cant be trusted. He should resign and move on with his life. He wont get the respect he deserves.
Remind me how that makes him different from any other Cape cop?

01-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Remind me how that makes him different from any other Cape cop?

roll over and ask him what makes him different

01-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Sounds like he's qualified to be a supervisor, hell he could be a Captain, Asst. Chief or Running the show as Chief himself. They've knew about the misconduct of the guy who recently resigned for over a year and a half and covered for him.

Hell they could hide Curt in Narcotics, Property Crimes or maybe the State Attorney Office. That'll give him the remaining time he needs to get vested.

Can't wait to be on your first call with you. At least I know you won't stab me in the back to get what you want.

Congratulations Curt and welcome back.

01-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Someone needs to say it!

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights!

Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
What a butt kicking the FOP gave the city and the chief. The truth is that he should have never been fired. It was all because the CM didn't like the publicity and the chief does what he is told.

05-16-2010, 01:24 PM
It dawns on me now that even replying to the ignorance on this site is a waste of my time. For the sake of my soapbox I will share these thoughts:

1. If you think you are above making a mistake, think again.
2. If you think that politics doesn't play a roll in this career field, think again.
3. If you think the average citizen doesn't have any say in your job, think again.

Being a police officer is an honor. Act like it. This is a customer service field whether you like it or not. Those of you who know me understand that I am not in any way saying we should allow people to walk all over us. I am saying that if you are not mature enough to realize how your interaction with Joe Public affects your raise, or new building, or more cops, or any of the other countless whines I hear on a daily basis then it's time to find a new career.

Am I perfect? Not a chance. I make as many mistakes as anyone else (usually more). Hopefully I don't come across as better than anyone and if I do feel free to talk to me about it. I will gladly apologize and attempt to correct or explain it. Or should I just log in as a GUEST next time?

Dan your right, your statement could not be said any better from yourself. Only if you followed what you preached you would not be in your situation. Go apply with another agency and do us a favor.

05-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Thank you sir,
I could not agree more. Im on the other end with the phones. You hit the nail on the head.
That is what we are all hired to do. Protect the innocent public and our officers. Get the ones who cross the lines against the two. How disappointing it is to see the comments from officers and others on this site.
Again,
Thank you
CCPD 911 Operator

05-18-2010, 04:13 AM
I have lived in this town for over 20 years and have lost every ounce of respect for the "Men in Blue", as they are not police officers they are bullies. Serve and protect is the biggest joke - they do just opposite. Guaranteed any evening driving the streets you will see 3-4 patrol cars interrogating, intimidating until finally arresting a 20 year old, how bad can one kid be that 4 officers need to be on one call. They just try to ruin lives here not serve and protect - they are all egomaniacs with inferiority problems. I propose the entire staff do some real police training..... send these morons to Miami, New York, LA or another major city for on the job training - by doing this I feel more than half of them will be returned in body bags.

Now let's talk about the Chief of Police, Petrovich, this is one corrupt horrible individual - he shouldn't have to resign we should just decapitate him and save us his robust pension payout. And please, if decapitation is possible let's go for our geriatric Mayor Sullivan - this Pri*k has Alzheimer's - what the hell is he doing trying to run a city. The only place that man has to run to is the rest room every 30 minutes so he can empty his colonoscopy bag.

05-18-2010, 04:26 AM
FU guest. Some stuff happens in another jurisdiction and your are going to pass judgement? You talk like you know him. This is one great cop with a pulse on the "dirt-bags". Maybe you are one of them you spineless jellyfish! And by the way, if you are going to post, cowboy the F-up and register a name.

Good luck my brother from another mother. There are people pulling for you from other places besides the Cape!

Cowboy the F-up DevilDogg, did your mama really name you that - you poor pig!

05-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Since CS is coming back, I like the last chance agreement and random drug testing provisions put in place.

If he was one of the boys, the last chance agreement is just an arse kissing away and nothing in writing is required.

08-08-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/aug ... er=popular (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/aug/07/caught-video-lee-deputies-investigating-road-rage-/?partner=popular)

12-10-2010, 01:42 PM

haha sounds like you want to suck your boy in blue i hope you swallow

12-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Sounds like he's qualified to be a supervisor, hell he could be a Captain, Asst. Chief or Running the show as Chief himself. They've knew about the misconduct of the guy who recently resigned for over a year and a half and covered for him.

Hell they could hide Curt in Narcotics, Property Crimes or maybe the State Attorney Office. That'll give him the remaining time he needs to get vested.

Can't wait to be on your first call with you. At least I know you won't stab me in the back to get what you want.

Congratulations Curt and welcome back.

curt can u get me a bag of that weed man Michelle isnt answering her phone

12-10-2010, 11:51 PM
billy, if you have something to say behind curt's back cowboy up and say it to his face!

12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
if you are not man enough to do that then get on this forum and defend yourself by atleast putting it down in writing that you are not the LONEGUNMAN. we all know who you be you filthy yellow back coward.

12-12-2010, 03:47 PM
And city council just laughs laughs and laughs on how incompetent you all sound on this website. No wonder why they are trying to shut us down, I would to after reading you all sound like a bunch of babies that did not get their IPHONE for Christmas, GROW UP!!!!

12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
So what if I did not actually retire as I previously stated! The fact is that all of you haters just wish you could have an ounce of my good looks, my intelligence and especially some of the calm and coolness that I carry myself with. Dream on! I may still be on the road, but as YOU ALL know, I am a force to be reckoned with. So keep up the hating and I will continue on being the LONEGUNMAN that I am.

12-13-2010, 12:07 AM
I almost forgot to offer all of my follower's a chance to collect 4 absolutely free tickets to next Friday's Everblades game. First response gets all four. I only ask you call and confirm on my cell. Remember to call by new number and not my old one, that is if you are lucky enough to been given it by me.

12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Who is pretending to be the lonegunman, it is actually not comical anymore. Enough is enough and if you have a problem with a certain individual then take it up with him and not on this site. Your making us look worse by airing your keyboard tactics on this bs site.