PDA

View Full Version : PBA issues

PBA
08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Just a little info boys and girls, our pba president is taking the buyout this year. CP will be a civilian by January 1st. CP for some reason wants to remain PBA president after he retires? Do we want CP to be in charge of the PBA when he is not even a officer anymore? He was trying to backdoor himself into being re-elected this year without going by our PBA by-laws and presenting it to the PBA members. I for one do not want a non working civilian running our police union. In addition it has been my experience that CP does not do anything unless it BENEFITS CP. What do you think will be his benefit as PBA president if he is not an active officer?$$$$$! We need to stop this and get an election for a new PBA president out there before CP finds a way to bamboozle himself into remaining president. We need a president who is going to represent ALL of the department and not just the 15+ year cop.

Also if anyone would like any overtime just look at one of CP timeslips if you can. In a time of budget cuts and crisis he seems to get alot of overtime? How are these details and overtime available to him and him alone? I think I know how he made over 100k last year while barely working a 40 hour week?! If he was working all this time and overtime, why does no one every see him?! HMMM..........Anyway, I dont think we want the fox in charge of the hen-house. I think CP has lined his pockets enough over his tenure with our money and time.

Pay attention boys and girls and open your eyes.
Stay safe.

08-22-2008, 04:30 AM
i personally believe the PBA president should be an officer that works patrol and is out there everyday with the people he/she was elected to represent. how can he represent us when he never talks to us, sees us, or goes on the road to see what we deal with.

when has he ever asked any of us what we think or what we want in the contract?

heres an idea. If we can negotiate raises lets work on other ideas. bargain for things that would benefit everyone. take homes are supposed to be given in 2-3 years. lets work on getting all the rookies a share car so at least they have a car that only they use on their work days. two people to a car is not a bad idea.

lets work on details. has anyone noticed how cecil works details all the time and hes NEVER signed on as a S unit. thats because he doesnt want you to know where he is working because the details he likes, he just takes and has his friends work with him.

has anyone realized the detail sheets go up completley filled in with the same few names in the same handwriting????

Why not get the details computerized where you can only sign up if your logged in under YOUR name. That would make it MUCH more fair for all to partake.

08-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I must state in the beginning of this post that I believe that the current PBA President is well qualified and has done an overall tremendous job for the department. However, I feel that some younger officers have been under represented in recent years. The PBA President has represented the interests of the senior officers. This is evident from the contract a few years ago, in which the senior officers received substantial raises (up to 9,000 overnight) while some junior officers received minor raises (2,000 to 3,000). Also, the detail system is not fair and "caps" should be placed on the amount of details that someone can work in a week. It is not fair for officer "A" to get several hours of details each week while officer "B' cannot get any. Everyone can use extra money, and I understand that details are more seldom than they used to be. However, people should be given a fair opportunity to work details, and a few people should not hog them. In the best interest of the department, the PBA President (who is in charge of details) should recuse themself from signing up for details out of a conflict of interest. There are people in this establishment who have several mouths to feed and make 40,000 dollars a year. A detail a week can provide more financial flexibility for this individual and their family. Personally, I have a mouth or two to feed with my salary and it is difficult to put food on the table, pay the mortgage, buy school clothes and supplies, make the car payment, pay for daycare, and a night out every once in a while without a few details a month. I know that we should not live based on details, because they come and go, but it is difficult to fathom how certain individuals can make close to 6 figures a year and sign up for several hours of details a week while many officers are struggling to make ends meet and cannot find any extra income. A good conscience creates a good night's sleep, and I don't see how some of these people can sleep well at night. These employees who make this much money should think twice when they put their name up time and time again, and I believe that a system should be implemented that creates a system that benefits everyone who wants to work a detail. Give me a few weeks and I can probably do so....

Next, I believe that the PBA President should in fact be a regular officer. I do not want the President to be adverserial with the administration, but I think they should be distanced enough to make objective decisions that is in the best interest of the officers. I want a harmonious environment at work, and believe that the PBA President can work well with the administration. However, they should not be put in a comfortable (and possibly unnecessary) position in exchange for special favors. I know that our PBA President does a lot to represent officers, and he does a wonderful job. However, imagine how much more change could occur if the PBA President's livelihood did not depend on the discretion of the administration.

We come to the most important component of this message. With the buyout soon approaching and the likelihood that up to 40 of the most senior officers is plausible, it is time for all the junior officers to come together and elect a PBA president that represents their interests. In the near future the vast majority of the officers in the agency will have only a few years of service, and if they make the right decision in the next election they can elect an officer that ensures their interests will be represented for years to come. I am sure that a few talented individuals with a few years of experience exist that can serve as wonderful PBA presidents to ensure that all officers, both junior and senior, are represented in this agency. This is a great place to work, and I truly believe that in the next year it will become even better. However, the decisions we make soon we affect us in the future, and I want the junior officers to band together and elect a strong candidate to become president of the union. We need better equipmentl better representation, and more fair pay raises. I have a couple people in mind that could take control of this position, can anyone else name a few?

08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Mike Perry for President!!! :devil:

08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I say we go FOP and make Ruggio the president, PBA blows

08-22-2008, 08:05 PM
You guys and girls should most definietly SERIOUSLY consider the FOP. Just ask the Cape and the numerous other LE agencies that have FOP. The PBA is politically lined with local and state governmental entities and persons. Backdoor politics, kickbacks, and political favors run rampant with the PBA. Just go into CP's office and look at his walls. All you have to do is petition PERC, and have a 51% vote from active members. What a statement it would send to the imbedded politics and GOB's. Start now before it's too late.

08-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Obviously the PBA or should I say your PBA president has not worked well with your officers at FMPD. The only way this will ever change is by rallying together and say enough is enough. We want fair representation, higher salary ect., ect., ect. If you fail to do this nothing will change and your current PBA president will continue with his bogus plans to stay on as your PBA president after he retires. That has to be one of the craziest and funniest thing I have ever heard, a civilian as your PBA president.

It's up to you to stop his absurd ideas. Let your voice must be heard!!! It should be YOUR CHOICE to go with PBA or FOP, NOT THE AGENCY!!! :twisted: :twisted:

08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Unfortunately, the last time someone tried to introduce the FOP to FMPD, FOP members were targeted like Warlocks at a Salem Witch hunt. I can remember Torres being called upstairs to former Chief Daniels' office and raked over the coals. His offense? Because he (Torres) called Nora in payroll and asked if her if he could have his FOP dues taken out of his paycheck. Daniels and Baker told Torres he was in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act and threatened him not to bring the FOP around the station anymore or else. Can you believe that? It's true... Of course we all know what happened to Torres later...Then they went after Serge, Brinkman, Doyle, and everyone else who left PBA and joined FOP.

Others were threatened to have their specialty units taken away told by other PBA kool-aid drinkers that they were committing "Career Suicide" for joining the FOP. Officers who joined the FOP enjoyed monthly meetings at the FOP lodge in Cape Coral (Who welcomed them with open arms).

BTW: Where is that PBA Lodge members were promised by our Former PBA President? It was going to be open to members 24-7. A place away from FMPD where members could "unwind"-"Talk about issues"-have "Choir Practive and Plan for the Future". I'll tell you where the money for the lodge is being spent: Outback and Heritage Palms Country Club....The ball is in your court now boys and girls...let's see if you can score some points!

08-23-2008, 03:14 AM
When i look at other PBA's they all know they have a PBA. They have really nice PBA polo shirts, T-shirts, and events that people go to. I get a montly Roll Call newspaper in the mail. I thinks its been MONTHS we got a PBA email! I think the only thing that ever goes on is the yearly superbowl debacle.

The PBA needs to fight for the working man, not the people who sit inside, or have a specialty spot where they work bankers hours and revolve their ENTIRE work week around their details.

Ever notice how some CPCs only work daytime hours, but will stay over into the dark if there is a daytime traffic detail available? And they got that detail because there name went on the sheet before it even got posted?

Why not spend more time working on getting us stuff and NOT being a DETAIL hog and controling the details like a warlord.

I understand times are tough and we cant get much in the way of raises. So lets fight for other things, that make our working atmosphere better. I think at the most the PBA should bargain for more cars and computers. HOW BAD IS IT THAT they kept telling everyone FAY is coming, keep checking your emails and you'll be updated on the plans. WELL DID ANYONE REALISE that all the people who were off on the weekend that have been employed here for under 3 years couldnt even check email because they dont have a laptop? HELLO! SUpervisors made it seem like an inconveneince that people were bringing their personal cars to the garage and then needed a ride to the shelter. IF YOU DONT HAVE A TAKE HOME, DID THEY EXPECT THEM TO LEAVE THEIR PERSONAL CARS IN THE WEATHER WHEN THEY COULD HAVE BEEN IN THEIR HOUSE GARAGES - all because we cant afford cars.

08-23-2008, 03:21 AM
And the answer is YES. it can be done. there are many PBA's in the state of Florida that were unable to get raises, because yes, raises across the boards are costly, plus you have payroll taxes and all that that the city must pay.

but PBA's have bargained for equipment and other perks. Some PBAS have bargained and had it in a contract that every sworn officer will get a take home car within one year. Every Sworn officer will get one pair of new boots every year. Every Officer will get dry cleaning coupouns for free dry cleaning every few months, etc etc etc. With the buyouts coming, the city will be saving alot of money in salaries, this is the time to upgradeour fleet, equipment, etc.

08-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Apparently pbaaa doesn't recall that the cafeteria benefit INCLUDES dry cleaning ... we bargained that some years ago to lock in the $100 ... :oops:

08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
great post Ralph Nader!!! well said

08-27-2008, 02:11 AM
I recall the photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain placed a Sergeant back on the road for flexing his hours around one detail. And then this same photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain placed the PBA president in community affairs who manages to get all the overtime? :shock: Is the photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain looking the other way, allowing this PBA president to get away with same thing if not worst? :twisted: Sounds like double standard to me. Why is it that the last two PBA Presidents end up with this cushion job? Who side is the PBA President really on…….admin or you? We definitely need someone who will represent the OFFICERS! Chief......I say hire Ruggio back and vote him in as our PBA president :lol:

08-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Be careful with the word F.O.P.. Some people got fired because of that crap !!!

08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I recall the photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain placed a Sergeant back on the road for flexing his hours around one detail. And then this same photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain placed the PBA president in community affairs who manages to get all the overtime? :shock: Is the photographer/salesman/let's take the females out to lunch Captain looking the other way, allowing this PBA president to get away with same thing if not worst? :twisted: Sounds like double standard to me. Why is it that the last two PBA Presidents end up with this cushion job? Who side is the PBA President really on…….admin or you? We definitely need someone who will represent the OFFICERS! Chief......I say hire Ruggio back and vote him in as our PBA president :lol:

Ooopps......did I say Captain, actually his true title is Photographer/Salesman/Let's take the females out to lunch Major. Not that he deserve the “Major” part. :twisted:

08-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Those same females he takes out to lunch will probably be the ones who will get promoted to civilian supervisory positions along with their siblings..it's who you know !!

09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I must state in the beginning of this post that I believe that the current PBA President is well qualified and has done an overall tremendous job for the department. However, I feel that some younger officers have been under represented in recent years. The PBA President has represented the interests of the senior officers. This is evident from the contract a few years ago, in which the senior officers received substantial raises (up to 9,000 overnight) while some junior officers received minor raises (2,000 to 3,000). Also, the detail system is not fair and "caps" should be placed on the amount of details that someone can work in a week. It is not fair for officer "A" to get several hours of details each week while officer "B' cannot get any. Everyone can use extra money, and I understand that details are more seldom than they used to be. However, people should be given a fair opportunity to work details, and a few people should not hog them. In the best interest of the department, the PBA President (who is in charge of details) should recuse themself from signing up for details out of a conflict of interest. There are people in this establishment who have several mouths to feed and make 40,000 dollars a year. A detail a week can provide more financial flexibility for this individual and their family. Personally, I have a mouth or two to feed with my salary and it is difficult to put food on the table, pay the mortgage, buy school clothes and supplies, make the car payment, pay for daycare, and a night out every once in a while without a few details a month. I know that we should not live based on details, because they come and go, but it is difficult to fathom how certain individuals can make close to 6 figures a year and sign up for several hours of details a week while many officers are struggling to make ends meet and cannot find any extra income. A good conscience creates a good night's sleep, and I don't see how some of these people can sleep well at night. These employees who make this much money should think twice when they put their name up time and time again, and I believe that a system should be implemented that creates a system that benefits everyone who wants to work a detail. Give me a few weeks and I can probably do so....

Next, I believe that the PBA President should in fact be a regular officer. I do not want the President to be adverserial with the administration, but I think they should be distanced enough to make objective decisions that is in the best interest of the officers. I want a harmonious environment at work, and believe that the PBA President can work well with the administration. However, they should not be put in a comfortable (and possibly unnecessary) position in exchange for special favors. I know that our PBA President does a lot to represent officers, and he does a wonderful job. However, imagine how much more change could occur if the PBA President's livelihood did not depend on the discretion of the administration.

We come to the most important component of this message. With the buyout soon approaching and the likelihood that up to 40 of the most senior officers is plausible, it is time for all the junior officers to come together and elect a PBA president that represents their interests. In the near future the vast majority of the officers in the agency will have only a few years of service, and if they make the right decision in the next election they can elect an officer that ensures their interests will be represented for years to come. I am sure that a few talented individuals with a few years of experience exist that can serve as wonderful PBA presidents to ensure that all officers, both junior and senior, are represented in this agency. This is a great place to work, and I truly believe that in the next year it will become even better. However, the decisions we make soon we affect us in the future, and I want the junior officers to band together and elect a strong candidate to become president of the union. We need better equipmentl better representation, and more fair pay raises. I have a couple people in mind that could take control of this position, can anyone else name a few?

Your statement about the raises not being fair for the newer officers, "senior officers received substantial raises (up to 9,000 overnight) while some junior officers received minor raises (2,000 to 3,000)" is incorrect. Its amazing how soon everyone forgets how the senior and ranked officers agreed to take smaller raises so that the rank and file could get larger steps. If you don't know that happened, It Did. Our raises over the last few years have been pretty damn good. Give credit where credit is due. Cecil Pendergrass has done an incredible job as president and that would not change if he retires. He has an incredible relationship with the city manager, mayor, council and other department heads and that relationship is what can get things done. I like the rest of your statements just get your facts straight when you start complaining please...

09-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh Cecilllllllll............... Oh commander in chief, how about an update on OUR contract?! Although I love to hear about Miami, Apoka and wherever else you forward us e-mails about I would like to know how our contract is doing. I understand you are very busy planning your empire after retirement but you should take the time between lunches with Maureen and Tatum to give the low-life grunts who unfortunately elected you some information. My god this is like 17th century France!! You really need to hand over the reigns to someone who gives two s&*ts about the officers.

Thanks Cecil!!! Love ya!

09-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Your statement about the raises not being fair for the newer officers, "senior officers received substantial raises (up to 9,000 overnight) while some junior officers received minor raises (2,000 to 3,000)" is incorrect. Its amazing how soon everyone forgets how the senior and ranked officers agreed to take smaller raises so that the rank and file could get larger steps. If you don't know that happened, It Did. Our raises over the last few years have been pretty darn good. Give credit where credit is due. Cecil Pendergrass has done an incredible job as president and that would not change if he retires. He has an incredible relationship with the city manager, mayor, council and other department heads and that relationship is what can get things done. I like the rest of your statements just get your facts straight when you start complaining please...

Cecil, you have absolutely no relationship with the officers! You may be able to finish your term but don't think for a second officers are going to re-elect your sorry a**. Unless you pull that same stunt during the last election, and you know what I am talking about! Uncle fester you are a dirty politician! :twisted:

09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Boys and girls, make sure if you can go to the union meeting on Monday at 3:30 pm at golfview you go!!! We do not want Cecil to try and cheat and revote himself into office!!! :devil:

09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Cecil, do us all a favor, finish your term and leave, how much do you make a month for being a PBA president? we heard about the comment Leach made in the meeting...wow....

09-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Remember this infamous comment made by someone from an earlier post "He has an incredible relationship with the city manager, mayor, council and other department heads" Now the comment that Leach made just prove once again who PBA caters to. Leach you meant what you said, don't try to squirm your way out of this one! :twisted:

I truly believe one of the main reasons why officers join the PBA is for job protection. Any one can walk the walk and talk the talk but who will protect your jobs. Our PBA President has not done a very good job at protecting good officer from bullsh** IA's. Just Ask P. Soto, M. Torres, S. Ruggio how well they were represented by our PBA. These are just a few names that came to mind. Our PBA did not do SH** to help them out!

Folks, It's time to think about who will be our next PBA President!

:devil: Leach, "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT" or should I say "FORGET ABOUT IT!!!".:devil:

02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
IS CECIL COMING BACK?

02-14-2009, 05:32 PM
IS CECIL COMING BACK?

Of course he is coming back, duhhhh. That's douggie boy's do boy, didn't you know that? :devil: :devil

02-25-2009, 12:58 AM
mw
IS CECIL COMING BACK?

DUDE! He never left the building! He is here every freaking day dude! He is like a pimple on the a**, no matter what you do to try to get rid of it, it keeps coming back!!!!! :lol:

02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
If you do what you is supposed to do then you will not have anything to complain about. SO STOP CRYING. You cant change a thing so why bother whining. You guys are a bunch of lazy cops. Go to work.

03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone!!
I know the contract is coming up this year and I don't want you to expect anything from the PBA or the city but.....................Lets Go On A CRUISE!!!!!!! It makes perfect sense if you think about it. We can all spend our last dollar to get Cecil a free trip and maybe if we are lucky it will turn into Jonestown and we will not have to return to Ft Myers! What the hell is wrong with Cecil?....Ahhhhhhh!!!

03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone!!
I know the contract is coming up this year and I don't want you to expect anything from the PBA or the city but.....................Lets Go On A CRUISE!!!!!!! It makes perfect sense if you think about it. We can all spend our last dollar to get Cecil a free trip and maybe if we are lucky it will turn into Jonestown and we will not have to return to Ft Myers! What the hell is wrong with Cecil?....Ahhhhhhh!!!

Let me guess who going......the detectives Langton, Mauer, J-Rod, Leach and Becky.

03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice new policies that have been released. IA's that can be anonomous?! The department can reopen cases?! DPD (Dunbar police department).

03-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Don't you mean Dunbar Security Guards ? Maybe the new agency logo can be based on FUBU designs.

03-31-2009, 01:26 AM
take a good hard long look at what you have created Dougy Boy--It may take a while for you to realize this, but you will reap what you sow. Just take a look at the Ferrantes.

Hope it was worth it. All the incompetent @$$ hoes you have taken with you to the top. It may take a while, but your shenanigans will be brought to light.

03-31-2009, 03:41 AM
hey senior since you took the buy out stay off this post and go back to your lunch break at the hess mart

03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Dont fool yourself. The Veterans who took the buy out have the same attitude as the many who still remain. You really did a number on this agency, Dougy.

I thought you were going to bring change for the GOOD, but instead you brought on a different kind. Seems that things dont change only the faces. Same excrement just different day here at the GOB place.

04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
maybe some of you whiners can go start your own police department...............suncoast police

04-02-2009, 02:13 AM
I wish all you whiners would stop complaining. This is a good agency and we have strong leadership. Things are only going to get better, and we should all be lucky to have jobs that pay a fair wage. I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about this agency. If you don't like it so much go somewhere else, but please remember that the grass is always greener on the other side. I take pride in my work, and I love working at this agency. Sure, a few problems will surface but this occurs in all agencies. Count your lucky stars that you have a job in which the check always clears and you have health insurance. If you want to continue to moan go talk to some people who are making minimum wage, or the thousands of people who can't find a job.

04-02-2009, 03:57 AM
I wish all you whiners would stop complaining. This is a good agency and we have strong leadership. Things are only going to get better, and we should all be lucky to have jobs that pay a fair wage. I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about this agency. If you don't like it so much go somewhere else, but please remember that the grass is always greener on the other side. I take pride in my work, and I love working at this agency. Sure, a few problems will surface but this occurs in all agencies. Count your lucky stars that you have a job in which the check always clears and you have health insurance. If you want to continue to moan go talk to some people who are making minimum wage, or the thousands of people who can't find a job.

Could you please stop your “Mother Teresa” preaching, I'm tickled pink that you are having a time of your life here, I’m pretty sure you are doing an excellent job there cowboy. But we do still have the same issues as we did when Adolf Hiltie worked here, and as far as changes goes, we are still waiting for those changes to occur. I do have to say that one of our biggest issues is our PBA president and how corrupt he is along with the individuals who handle our internal investigations. As far as telling people to leave if they do not like it here, as the Jamaicans say "don't worry mon" as soon as their contract runs out they too will look for greener grass elsewhere. Way to go bro, keep running people out!!!

Also, please keep this on the down low ok and please don’t tell Baker!! While our economy goes to shi#$, crime my dear is going up along with the murders. I feel that our fellow officers do not have to worry about their jobs because of the falling economy; I fear that officers will lose their jobs because of the bullcrap IAs that they will have to deal with and not having the right PBA president to back them up. Boooyaahhhh

PS: This goes to the painting committee members: which one of you idiots picked that ridicules color for the building? :snicker:

TLC

04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I am just happy that Chuckie Cheese won the grill.

05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
My Brothers and Sisters in Green,

I want you to keep a close eye on how Cecil handles the PBA move for you. He needs to take it to the next level and spell out per the Policeman’s Bill of rights how the Ferranti’s and Ciresi were violated. The Sheriff said that he could not conduct an investigation on your Chief because the Chief was sick, we all know that’s bull and the Sheriff should have interviewed all the witnesses coming to a conclusion with or without the Chiefs statement per FSS 112.532. As far as his brothers polygraph that’s a sham, when have you ever heard of a polygraph without an internal investigation and when have you ever heard of a polygraph without a polygraph report? Also when have you ever seen a member demoted with a $21,000.00 hit for no reason?

I like Cecil, he’s a great guy and have known him for years but the truth is he is golfing buddies with the Sheriff. If he does not do what is right here and fights hard pointing out that the Ferranti’s and Ciresi’s right were totally violated per FSS 112 and the back door deals cut with former County Manager Stillwell concerning your raises than come over to FOP with the Cape PD you will be well represented.

FOP GUY

05-06-2009, 03:54 PM

I like Cecil, he’s a great guy and have known him for years but the truth is he is golfing buddies with the Sheriff. If he does not do what is right here and fights hard pointing out that the Ferranti’s and Ciresi’s right were totally violated per FSS 112 and the back door deals cut with former County Manager Stillwell concerning your raises than come over to FOP with the Cape PD you will be well represented.

FOP Guy, FMPD needs a lifeline as well. All the old FOP guys who even mentioned FOP were singled out and roasted like hot dogs. Which left us with our current PBA desk right next to the IA department desks and the GOB/SOBs have more officers on paper right now than you can shake a stick at. They screwed us over with a new contract that was voted down by 90% of officers and supervisors and then told us you had better vote again in favor of Baker's 80 hour "political safeguard" work week plan, or face impasse and take whatever the city wants to dish out. You can bet the PBA and GOBs are still giving each other pats on the o'l back over that one.

Now its out of control, forcing officers to "manufacture" productivity stats just to outweigh the lousy looking crime stats. Morale is low enough and guys are being forced to work endless calls for service with restricted breaks and micro-managment harassing people over sick time, and lack of self initiated pro-activity. Low manpower forces guys to work alone in a community that hates cops and won't even snitch about crime for a free box of cookies. It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt again due to no backup with all the necessary traffic stops, but the stats will look great!!!

05-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Then I suggest to get with the County and come over to the FOP, Strength in numbers.

FOP Guy, FMPD needs a lifeline as well. All the old FOP guys who even mentioned FOP were singled out and roasted like hot dogs. Which left us with our current PBA desk right next to the IA department desks and the GOB/SOBs have more officers on paper right now than you can shake a stick at. They screwed us over with a new contract that was voted down by 90% of officers and supervisors and then told us you had better vote again in favor of Baker's 80 hour "political safeguard" work week plan, or face impasse and take whatever the city wants to dish out. You can bet the PBA and GOBs are still giving each other pats on the o'l back over that one.

Now its out of control, forcing officers to "manufacture" productivity stats just to outweigh the lousy looking crime stats. Morale is low enough and guys are being forced to work endless calls for service with restricted breaks and micro-managment harassing people over sick time, and lack of self initiated pro-activity. Low manpower forces guys to work alone in a community that hates cops and won't even snitch about crime for a free box of cookies. It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt again due to no backup with all the necessary traffic stops, but the stats will look great!!!

05-08-2009, 06:04 AM

First...STFU! I left FMPD for the green side and you know what? The grass isn't only greener on the other side, its better! People complain because the place sucks and the few specialty unit members fight to keep their own benefits at the expense of the rest. F them too.

05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Let me get this straight. I heard that a newly promoted female Sgt called each individual on her squad and demanded that they write letters to EL JEFE explaining why their stats were so low for the month. Is this correct?

Maybe if you would get off your rear and be out there with the squad that might improve morale. Better yet, if your squad knew that you earned those velcro stripes they would respect you and want to work with you and not for you. The only thing I hear her doing on the radio is checking out for lunch break. I dont hear her going to calls, being primary on any waiting calls, or leading by example.

What a crock of S&it. Wow Doug, that was one of your choices. What a freaking joke. Did nothing other than what little was done as SRO, then CPC, and you patted her on the back and took care of her.

Is this whats in store for FMPD. Hate to see the 1, 3 and 5 year plan. Whats next, Janitor gets promoted to Captain. Ha HA Ha. Well here at this place it just might happen. :P :lol:

05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Let me get this straight. I heard that a newly promoted female Sgt called each individual on her squad and demanded that they write letters to EL JEFE explaining why their stats were so low for the month. Is this correct?

Maybe if you would get off your rear and be out there with the squad that might improve morale. Better yet, if your squad knew that you earned those velcro stripes they would respect you and want to work with you and not for you. The only thing I hear her doing on the radio is checking out for lunch break. I dont hear her going to calls, being primary on any waiting calls, or leading by example.

What a crock of S&it. Wow Doug, that was one of your choices. What a freaking joke. Did nothing other than what little was done as SRO, then CPC, and you patted her on the back and took care of her.

Is this whats in store for FMPD. Hate to see the 1, 3 and 5 year plan. Whats next, Janitor gets promoted to Captain. Ha HA Ha. Well here at this place it just might happen. :P :lol:

Isn't that the shift thats been covering the entire city all day with 6-8 officers on a good day? Wow, morale on that shift must be through the roof.

05-09-2009, 11:48 AM

HEY..........Dont make fun of Duke being promoted to Captain!

05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
HEY..........Dont make fun of Duke being promoted to Captain!

Like Senior said, nothing surprises us here at FMPD. Hey Garrett, how did you get those stripes? Didnt you read those BS supervisory book/materials. Way to go there bro.

Hey, got an idea why not take the LT's test. You'll fit right in there. You're on the way to the top. In the words of Jay-Rod, "THE WORLD IS YOURS".

05-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Sounds like this is the stuff that everyone pays their PBA dues for. Has anyone contacted Cecil regarding this? Has anyone lodged a formal written complaint. If it's true, what happened to the Supervisor being responsible for the shift and protecting "his" people? Garett, you have alot to learn. As if it isn't bad enought that none of your squad respects you, you pull this crap! :evil:

Seriously, if the squad was demoralized in such a manner, they need to come together and bring such issue to light. :evil:

11-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Give me a f##%ing break!! We have Anthony Thomas acting like a spoiled child over this petition sign in the Utilities office?! and what does our Chief do?!! He says he is upset about it too. Whose side are you on Doug!!? What the f##K is your problem?!? You are going down as one of the worst Chiefs we ever had. Hilton was a joke but you........are you a cop or a political figurehead? Whose side are you on Doug? Melvin Perry is one of the most racist incompetent Captains you have but you keep him why??? We know why, you need to grow a spine and start standing up for the COPS!!! I hope when your contract expires you go the way of Hilton, this is a joke. You need to stop this politically correct nonsense before we bury another officer. wtf!!!

11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Give me a f##%ing break!! We have Anthony Thomas acting like a spoiled child over this petition sign in the Utilities office?! and what does our Chief do?!! He says he is upset about it too. Whose side are you on Doug!!? What the f##K is your problem?!? You are going down as one of the worst Chiefs we ever had. Hilton was a joke but you........are you a cop or a political figurehead? Whose side are you on Doug? Melvin Perry is one of the most racist incompetent Captains you have but you keep him why??? We know why, you need to grow a spine and start standing up for the COPS!!! I hope when your contract expires you go the way of Hilton, this is a joke. You need to stop this politically correct nonsense before we bury another officer. wtf!!!

Well said last poster but ........Marty Lehman was the most racist cop FMPD ever had. I'm just keeping it real! Melvin aka "Duke of Donuts" is just an incompetent backstabbing idiot. At FMPD you get promoted to the rank of your incompetence! Another thing, if your doing your job the right way, you should have nothing to fear from Anthony Thomas or any review board.

05-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Vote for the changes recommended by the PBA and get ready for a rough year ahead. Everyone who thinks that us losing items in our contract is a good thing needs to realize that YOU will be dealing with the problems that this will bring to our already damaged agency. The older officers are going to get what they want, no change to the pension, then they will LEAVE. THEY will not be replaced with patrol officer positions. They will fill in the command staff and patrol will be left now with TRIPLE the workload. If you are new to this agency realize this, unless you plan on working here for two years and moving on, you will regret losing your COLA and step plan. You MAY get it back.....in 5-10 years as the rest of society moves on with their lives. Look at the BIG picture and don't fall for the smoke and mirrors.

Good Luck,

05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
YOOO Keep it real how about giving me call so we can talk about the racist remark you made about me. I am willing to bet you could not even carry my jock strap, you sorry piece of Sh*T.

05-19-2010, 01:10 AM
it is sad that I pay $420.00 dollars per year for PBA dues and receive athe following from PBA negotiations.

1-5.25% pay reduction-3 grand

2-loss of my cafeteria plan $1200.00 dollars per year

3-seniority bonus-$1000.00 dollars this yr.

4-50% of my insurance premium-lets call it 2 grand

this is SERIOUS business folks, not a game, we risk our lives everyday, we all need to be treated much better than this.

GULFCOAST PBA you won't be getting my dues very soon and I suggest to the rest of you start retracting yours to get what will be taken from us all.

STAY SAFE and MORE ALERT than ever before.

05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
What do you expect?? You have d-bags such as Cecil, Prince, Medico, and Langton running this whole dam* show. They don't know how to negotiate worth a sh*t. Wait til the grand Pumba is done with his term, I can ASSURE you that I am going to rally everyone not to vote for these idiots. They'd rather send emails than come in and talk to us about our financial futures. PBA can kiss my @$$. Its time for a serious charge for FOP. If Mike Perry doesn't become our next PBA president (a true cops cop) then I will drop the pathetic @$$ PBA. Oh waitttttt, I'll be long gone. FMPD admin you have no idea how many people you are about to lose. You think a buy out was a bad idea, wait til you have no road patrol left, I can count atlehttp://www.leoaffairs.com/forums-ba ... ect/33/ast (atlehttp://www.leoaffairs.com/forums-banner-redirect/33/ast) 2 dozen! :devil:

05-19-2010, 04:52 PM
there will be no need for layoffs, since theres a TON of guys already talking about jumping ship. cant blame them, if your not vested, get out now.

THE PEOPLE working the contract for the PBA are NOT looking out for your best intrest. They all want to be promoted, so of course there gonna do what best for the department and city, NOT THE OFFICERS. They could care less about your healthcare and salary, all they can care about is getting promoted, and there not gonna get promoted by being a die hard pba rep fighting for the OFFICER.

EVERYONE better vote no to this contract. If we loose salary and pay more into our healthcare, we will NEVER get the money back, and there just gonna want more and ane more every contract time, within 5 years we will be paying for our healthcare 100%, VOTE NO.

05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Thats right. Not only does every sworn person on the pba board only care about be promoted, lets look at cecil. Hes running for County Commissioner. We all know how politics work, if hes not backed by political parties HES wasting his time. If he fights for the officers, you know the city will be telling every politician they can find how hes not a good fit for county commissioner. So cecil knows what the city wants, and makes it look like he cares and is watching out for our best intrest but he doesnt.

WHAT PBA PRESIDENT IN HIS RIGHT MIND would even present to the officers a contract that involves a pay cut and loss of benefits. ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
*************************ATTENTION ALL UNITS********************************************* ***

***Are you happy with losing your hard earned money?
***Do you want to go back in time and get paid what you were getting 5 years ago? (If you were even here)
***Do you want to lose your step plan?
***Do you wanna lose your cafeteria benefit?
***Do you wanna lose your seniority bonus?
***Do you want a step plan with a loss in pay when it is reactivated in god knows how many years?
***Are you tired of Admin black maling us into thinking that if we don't "go with the flo" City Hall is going to rake us over the coals?
***Are you tired of being told by overpaid supervisors, "Just be glad you have a job"?

If this is you, then there is a general membership meeting tomorrow at 4:00 pm at 1825 Hendry Street. Everyone should attend and express their dipleasantries with the PBA and how they are handling this.

If you don't go, then apparently you don't care about losing money, benefits for your family, etc.

LISTEN UP!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO ATTEND!!! This is probably going to be the most important decision the Union is going to make in your FMPD career!!! This will affect everyone! Are you listening?

LET'S NOT BE BULLIED AROUND ANYMORE BY the PBA or FMPD Admin or City Hall!!!
:cop:
PACK THE HOUSE!!!! WE HAVE A VOICE AND WE WANT IT HEARD!!!!

05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
*************************ATTENTION ALL UNITS********************************************* ***

***Do you want to go back in time and get paid what you were getting 5 years ago? (If you were even here)
***Do you want a step plan with a loss in pay when it is reactivated in god knows how many years?
***Are you tired of Admin black maling us into thinking that if we don't "go with the flo" City Hall is going to rake us over the coals?
***Are you tired of being told by overpaid supervisors, "Just be glad you have a job"?

If this is you, then there is a general membership meeting tomorrow at 4:00 pm at 1825 Hendry Street. Everyone should attend and express their dipleasantries with the PBA and how they are handling this.

If you don't go, then apparently you don't care about losing money, benefits for your family, etc.

LISTEN UP!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO ATTEND!!! This is probably going to be the most important decision the Union is going to make in your FMPD career!!! This will affect everyone! Are you listening?

PACK THE HOUSE!!!! WE HAVE A VOICE TWISTED SISTER IS CORRECT-I WILL BE THERE-AND I WILL PRAY FOR A POSITIVE OUTCOME FOR US ALL-THIS SHOULD BE A WARNING PBA :D

05-20-2010, 12:46 AM
where should I start with this one. I guess if you don't think the union benefits you, leave it. Stop paying dues and crying about not seeing any benefit.

Wow, Mike Perry's name was mentioned. Does he still work for FMPD. What does he do, oh ya he's an SRO, that keeps him in touch with the road patrol???? If you believe that then you just have no hope.

Next, has anyone heard of anything the city has given us since we have had a city manager. ding ding ding. maybe that's our problem....... wow, I'm a genious

05-20-2010, 01:59 AM

PACK THE HOUSE!!!! WE HAVE A VOICE twisted sister for PBA president

05-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Ok, first off, the Union hasn't benefited us, BIG SUPRISE, so don't act like it HAS done anything for us. That's exactly why half of us our thinking of leaving it. Cause you guys DONT DO sh*t for us. Why waste $420 a year for clowns? EXACTLY. By the way, Perry is an SRO. Atleast he's more tuned in with relaying PBA type advice than any of you clowns. You'd rather send e-mails or relay voicemails (Medico). Pathetic wastes of space. Swift quit relaying messages for your waste of space slap skin partner (Prince). You were worthless on the road, and hence from what I hear you still are in SIG. Gut hates you, Forbes left, and now Witt wants to leave too. To much kool aid, snitching, reach around going on there right Swift? Lastly, your right mofo, the city manager hasn't done anything for us. Neither has the Chief. Neither have YOU PBA. ding ding ding. Your a genius right? Translated into our dictionary that = douch* bag. :evil: