PDA

View Full Version : 10% Exercise

08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Any word on if or when this 10% exercise may be implemented? It’s unfortunate not everyone is going to make it past this 4% cut. Agents seem to be in the clear but the commissioner did point out that in the event of a 10% cut, agent positions can be effected. I would hope that the legislatures will forget about the 10% due to the negative impact that the 4% will have on certain peoples' jobs...

08-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Any word on if or when this 10% exercise may be implemented? It’s unfortunate not everyone is going to make it past this 4% cut. Agents seem to be in the clear but the commissioner did point out that in the event of a 10% cut, agent positions can be effected. I would hope that the legislatures will forget about the 10% due to the negative impact that the 4% will have on certain peoples' jobs...
Brother don't place your hope in the legislature. It has become painfully evident that state law enforcement is not a priority to them.
Your FHP brother

08-23-2008, 01:16 AM
You're right - it’s hard to have faith in the state legislature. If this 10% cut comes, we're screwed. That will come out to a 33mil dollar cut from the general revenue pot. This is alarming since 90% of the funds in the general revenue pot go toward salaries. I suppose this is why the commissioner made it known that agents aren’t necessarily untouchable when it comes to layoffs...

08-26-2008, 01:50 AM
I've heard it could happen either next quarter (Oct. 1) or next legislative session (Mar. 09).