PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys always arrest other cops for DUI?

08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Why did your Hammocks unit arrest a school board po on Saturday night? You guys get pissed (with reason) when troopers give your people tickets, but it's ok to arrest other POs for DUI? What about a call to the supervisor? To a friend to pick the guy up? A ride home?

You know how many times school board POs have not arrested students when we found out their dad or mom was a PO? We have worked magic to turn those felonies to misdemeanors so we can warn and dismiss.

And if the excuse was that the guy was "an asshole," of couse he was an asshole if he was 35 right? I don't know who the Hammocks cop was, but he just ruined someone's life.

Unfortunatley, one of your kids might not recive "professional courtesy" in the future as a result.

08-19-2008, 07:27 PM
No, that School Board PO ruined his own life by getting and driving drunk! Come to the realization that being a cop does not exempt you from living within the intent, letter and spirit of the law. Otherwise, quit and become a civilian. NO EXCUSES!

08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
So their children should also be held to the highest standars since mama and papa should have taught them better. No worries.

08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
First of all the school board cop messed himself up. he may have killed one of your family members while being an irresponsible person anyway. that hammoks cop 39ned him because he was probably pushing that little f**ing badge aroud. Yeah hes a cop but just a school cop....not impressed at alll your the bottom of the barrel prtner....let him drive in my city i would 39 him to....Metro did the right thing

08-20-2008, 02:50 AM
No, that School Board PO ruined his own life by getting and driving drunk! Come to the realization that being a cop does not exempt you from living within the intent, letter and spirit of the law. Otherwise, quit and become a civilian. NO EXCUSES!the problem is that you were a nerd in school and people like me picked on you and now you became a cop to show us. it's a job there buddy get a life we are not cops 24/7 everyone is human. the uniform doesn't make you a man.

08-20-2008, 02:55 AM
First of all the school board cop messed himself up. he may have killed one of your family members while being an irresponsible person anyway. that hammoks cop 39ned him because he was probably pushing that little f**ing badge aroud. Yeah hes a cop but just a school cop....not impressed at alll your the bottom of the barrel prtner....let him drive in my city i would 39 him to....Metro did the right thingReally well thanks for the heads up now I can start 39ing all PO's kids no mercy because we all know that sometimes PO's kids are the first fu*k ups therefore I will 39 them to teach them a lesson since you PO's can't.

08-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Your right we are not cops 24/7 the bad thing is that your not a cop at all.. your school security.you were probably rejected from every other deptment and ended up there...u fukin ner :devil: d...

08-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Your right we are not cops 24/7 the bad thing is that your not a cop at all.. your school security.you were probably rejected from every other deptment and ended up there...u fukin ner :devil: d...I don't live to work, I work to live and call it what you want school security brother it doesn't matter to me what you say. I may be a school cop but in a couple of weeks i will be on a three day weekend while you will be working thinking I'm a big bad cop because I work in Hialeah but the truth is that when another cop is getting their as* kick it doesn't matter who responds D*CKHEAD remember we all go to the same training. Now Shut the F*ck up nerd and give me your lunch money and go tell your mommy I took it.

08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Your right we are not cops 24/7 the bad thing is that your not a cop at all.. your school security.you were probably rejected from every other deptment and ended up there...u fukin ner :devil: d...

Allow me to chime in here. I work road patrol for a larger county SO. So im no "secuirty guard" as you say. But let me ask you this, Mister "I am the law!"

We are a family, are we not? We're all brothers and sisters, right? Well if you pulled over your biological brother or other relative for DUI, you damn well better be arresting them also. Because by your own definition nobody is "above the law".

The thing you need to learn is that the law isnt black and white. The academy (which it's clear you are newly out of) doesnt teach this well enough. In any case, I'm here to tell you that the law is not always, in fact it's rarely, black and white.

Not everyone needs to go to jail for every law that's broken. I'm SURE that you have let other DUIs get away with a ride home in the past, so dont sit there and pretend you are god's gift to law enforcement by saying he should have gone to jail. You werent there.

I have made more than my share of DUI arrests but again, it doesnt mean everyone who might be above .08 should be arrested. This job demands good judgment to get by, something you lack. And I make that judgement based on how you talk about yourself and other officers in our profession. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for how you speak of fellow officers that work in a possition you never held. I hope you learn more respect otherwise you'll have a long career ahead of you.

Im sure that right now you're thinking "well the cop who got the DUI didn't use good judgement either". You're correct, it sounds like he didn't. But like I said, not every broken law needs an arrest.

Im not going to judge the officer who arrested this off duty PO. But you, however lack any honor, credibility and respect. You think you are high and mighty because you work for Hialeah. Give me a break. Keep patting yourself ont he back, brother, if that's what makes you feel better. But just remember that what comes around goes around. Be careful who you burn.

To everyone out there. Dont do stupid things. And lets at least try to take care of one another. Be safe.

Sibpd893tf
08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
The BROTHERHOOD ...I Don't Give a Damn
I took this job because of the benefits & a steady paycheck.
"It's not like it used to be," laments one of your buddies over coffee. "We used to get together after the shift for a beer. We played softball together. We partied together. When someone had a big project at home, we all pitched in and helped get it done. These young kids just don't care anymore."
I want you to think about those guys. As you read this, I encourage you to imagine who it is in your department that best fits this description. Stay with me here.
The scenario: the shift is really busy with calls backed up. You're down a couple of reports. Then, one of the guys ties himself up on a B.S. arrest that will take him out of service for a couple of hours, leaving everyone else to cover his area.
When a list goes up announcing an upcoming overtime detail, this guy's name will always be at or near the top. Anytime you're near him, he's complaining--about something. Never a positive word comes out of his mouth.
Another scenario: a group in your community plans a charity event--like collecting toys at Christmas to be given to kids whose families are facing tough times. The cops are invited to help. This guy only shows up if he's getting paid. Otherwise, he's nowhere to be found.
If one of the guys on your crew is off for some time healing from an injury or long-term illness, this guy won't find time to stop by or even call. He's too busy taking care of his own wants and needs. Help someone on the crew lay some sod or rebuild a deck? Forget it!
As for Police Week in Washington D.C.--are you kidding? This guy wouldn't think of burning the time, unless the department is footing the bill and giving him the time to do it.
We all know "This Guy" too well. And, we're glad that he's not our partner.
You find yourself wondering why he became a cop. If asked, he may or may not answer honestly. There's little chance of layoff. Retirement after 20-25 years. The benefits and retirement are generally better than the private sector, even though the pay may not be as good. Of course, there is some occasional excitement that fuels an adrenaline rush.
This guy has no sense of camaraderie or The Brotherhood. He just doesn't care. You know this guy. You know his name, don't you?
Heart of a cop
I have a video from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial. In it, there is a scene showing one of the Officers of the Month: Dennis Sullivan. Dennis says, "I truly believe that if you don't have the heart of a cop, you won't be a good one." Amen.
Being a cop is first and foremost who you are at heart. Yes, it may also be the job you do. But you can have the job without being a "cop." Just remember the guy I described earlier. He's got the man-made credentials, but without a change of heart, he will never be a cop.
Being a cop starts in the heart. It becomes a state of mind. It's a lifestyle. It flavors your decisions. It is the basis of your attitude. It's the warrior mindset. It's a willingness to fight for what's right, even if it costs your life.
A sense of brotherhood:
Likely, the best experience of the Brotherhood occurs each May in Washington D.C. The NLEOMF and the F.O.P. create an experience that is an immersion in what it means to be part of this Brotherhood. I have been blessed with being there every year for most of a decade.
First timers all say the same thing at the conclusion of their first experience, "this was my first time, but I'll never miss it again." That message is universal.
Upon arrival, the presence of cops everywhere is in the air. Guys pepper the population wearing police garb. Many are carrying their badges on a chain around their necks. Cops permeate the region with flat-top haircuts and steely gazes.
You see guys at the hotel. They're on the Metro ride into town. Arriving at The Wall stirs my soul with deep reflection: 18,000 names of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. The most recent additions are freshly etched and on the bottom-most lines.
There are letters from the kids of fallen officers with pictures saying, "I miss you, Daddy." There are notes from wives and family members attesting to their loved ones' call to duty and expressing the deepest pain of loss.
The "work families" often post messages, pictures, and other tributes to their fallen brother or sister, as well.
These names, these messages, and this experience is like no other. Words can only fractionally describe this most powerful moment.
Throughout the week, we shared the very stirring Candlelight Vigil. We stood at the Capitol and listened to the President give thanks for those who have fallen and for those who remain on guard. We shared time over a beer (maybe two) in different venues. Each year, I leave with many new "old friends" who will remain for the rest of my life.
The emotional exchange is overwhelming and the bonds created are permanent.
My attempt to share it with you is like my wife trying to help me understand the experience of giving birth to our kids. I understand the words; I'll never comprehend the experience.
The greater good
I recently taught an eight hour block to new recruits at the academy. "You are joining a family. There are some benefits: you've probably received your last traffic ticket. But, remember this: for every one thing you receive, you owe at least a hundred in return," I explained.
I am indeed fortunate. I am part of a close-knit group of cops. My group of guys have ensured that the family of an officer who had fallen on hard times had a fitting Christmas when they otherwise would not. We adopted officers in Louisiana who had lost everything in Katrina. We have been at the hospital when one was sick or injured. That's what it means to be part of this Brotherhood.
Small things, big things, no matter. We are there. So does this responsibility now move to the recruits as its newest members.
Critically important
It is vital to our well being that we nurture this sense of Brotherhood and pass it along. It must be kept alive and made to thrive.
Each year, Police Week reminds us that we are part of a very large family. We have a stake in the lives of each other. This Brotherhood is greater than even the largest agency. It spans the globe. This year brought brothers from Canada, England, the Netherlands, Italy and Australia to Washington D.C.
Humans fight harder and longer when they are emotionally tied to the outcome.
One example is a man fighting to protect his wife and children. He will fight to the death.
Our military leaders have long recognized the need for the emotional bond between fighters. The Marines have spent a lifetime engraining the messages:
WE NEED A FEW GOOD MEN
MARINES--THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE BRAVE
SEMPER FI
This is no accident. Marines are recognized as The Force on this planet. They are second to none. They are prepared to give all without hesitation for the sake of their country and their brothers.
That same emotional bond among cops causes them to excel beyond anything they ever thought possible.
Our brothers become heroes every day. They will do their best when they have a strong emotional bond to those with whom they serve.
What can I do?
• Get involved. The major events of Police Week are the Candlelight Vigil, which is held on the evening of May 13th every year. The second is the Memorial Service which is held at the Capitol on May 15th every year. In 2008, that's a Tuesday and a Thursday. Mark your calendar now.
• Join the Fraternal Order of Police. Read at least one periodical (Officer.com is an excellent choice). There are many from which to select. One will suit you. Do something TODAY! Something big or something small--it doesn't matter. But, do something!
• For those of you who were in D.C. this year: bring a new person next year. Just one. Invite them now. Help them with the cost, if you can.
• Remember the guy you had in mind at the first part of this article? He's an excellent candidate. Every Police Week attendee should strive to bring just one new person the next year.
• Your life may well depend on backup one day. Do you want that person to be driven by his emotional tie to you, or just there because the paycheck is steady? Think about the Marines. There's your answer.
Get involved. Tie your heart to your career. Being a good cop starts in the heart and goes out from there. Come on ...your Brothers are waiting to welcome you!

08-21-2008, 11:51 PM
OK JUST FOR EVERYONES INFO THE DECISION TO ARREST THE SCHOOL BOARD POLICE OFFICER CAME FROM THE SCHOOL BOARD HIGHER UPS AND NOT THE COUNTY SO BEFORE YOU ALL JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS FIND OUT THE FACTS... THE COUNTY OFFICER WAS GONNA LET HIM GO ... TRUST ME THATS WHAT WENT DOWN

08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
...Your life may well depend on backup one day. Do you want that person to be driven by his emotional tie to you, or just there because the paycheck is steady? Think about the Marines. There's your answer.
Get involved. Tie your heart to your career. Being a good cop starts in the heart and goes out from there. Come on ...your Brothers are waiting to welcome you!

Well said. I went for the first time last May and I am certainly going to make this a yearly event. I encourage everyone to go. Ill see you there in 2009.

08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Wow what hypocrisy! Brown clowns complaining about getting written up by their brothers in brown, FHP, and then they 39 a local PO for a DUI? How about calling a family member of his to drive him back home? All he'd have to do is pay the tow truck cost. Better than ruining his career, but of course you are probably a F-N-G and wouldn't know any better. Eres tremendo mamon and be careful who you burn, "brother".

08-23-2008, 12:33 AM
just for info... I got some intel on the incident and it appears the school board guy was already in the spot light for driving 16 in his unit. A tip was called in to school board pd that this guy was 16 again and the brass called county. County sat on the car and followed their orders. In county's defense, this was a result of an executive decision by school board pd.
p.s... Hammocks is still a joke

08-25-2008, 06:45 PM
because of a few inconciderate leos chose to take the wrong direction in handeling a call should not cause a retaliation on the rest of the department because of the incident. as for trooper m no, leos are not above the law but the same consideration a private citizen would recieve if not a little more consideration should be extended.

09-04-2008, 06:10 AM
TO THE MORON'S WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED, THIS IDIOT FROM SCHOOL BOARD WAS BEING LOOKED AT FOR COUNTLESS THING'S AND ON THAT NIGHT HE WAS BEING TALED BY HIS DEPARTMENT WITCH THEN REQUESTED OUR ASSITANCE WITHOUT OUR BLESSING SO IT HAD TO GO DOWN, SO BEFORE YOU TALK SMACK LEARN THE FACTS. HE PUT HIMSELF ON THE LINE, DID HIMSELF IN.

P.S. HAMMOCKS IS THE BOMB BABY, YEA!

09-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Sucks to be him (County Unit). In my dept, if something like that went down, a supervisor from the assisting agency, in this case the county, would make the 39 that way it doesnt appear that another line level officer is out to get anyone.

11-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Instead of following the guy like if he was a wanted felon, what ever happened to confronting him with the problem and seeking help for him....We are human and sometimes this job will drive you to things like drinking. I cannot understand this new breed of cops nowadays where all they care about is themselves. Even firefighters take care of each other. For the real cops out there I say, take care of each other and be safe....

11-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Instead of following the guy like if he was a wanted felon, what ever happened to confronting him with the problem and seeking help for him....We are human and sometimes this job will drive you to things like drinking. I cannot understand this new breed of cops nowadays where all they care about is themselves. Even firefighters take care of each other. For the real cops out there I say, take care of each other and be safe....

Stop whining, we are cops, we took an oath, (read below) or have you forgotten, and for certain we are not firefighters! If you drink and drive, you put yourself, but more importantly, other motorists. If one has a drinking problem, the first step to recovery is admitting it and seeking help. Most departments are willing to help; we know that MDPD is a leader in help officers who have the courage to admit they need it! When we chose to be cops, no one promised us a rose garden, we knew what we were getting into: WE ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW!

"As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held as long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession ... law enforcement."

11-27-2008, 06:19 PM

Stop whining, we are cops, we took an oath, (read below) or have you forgotten, and for certain we are not firefighters! If you drink and drive, you put yourself, but more importantly, other motorists in peril. If one has a drinking problem, the first step to recovery is admitting it and seeking help. Most departments are willing to help; we know that MDPD is a leader in helping officers who have the courage to admit they need it! When we chose to be cops, no one promised us a rose garden, we knew what we were getting into: WE ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW!

"As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held as long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession ... law enforcement."

11-30-2008, 12:48 AM
God forbid if one of your close family members ever get in trouble......I wonder if your going to back up all that sh#t you just said....Idiot!!!.

01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
MetroDade sucks and has always sucked. They are not real cops and prove it daily.

02-01-2009, 04:02 AM
MetroDade sucks and has always sucked. They are not real cops and prove it daily.
I second that!!!!

02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
First of all the school board cop messed himself up. he may have killed one of your family members while being an irresponsible person anyway. that hammoks cop 39ned him because he was probably pushing that little f**ing badge aroud. Yeah hes a cop but just a school cop....not impressed at alll your the bottom of the barrel prtner....let him drive in my city i would 39 him to....Metro did the right thing

You guys should post your names and ID # so when you drive through the city we 39 you, MDPD is screwed in the city at least with me they gave one of our PO's the option of either a DUI or a backer act, what kind of azzhole does that? I know some School po's and they are better cops than alot of MDPD officers

02-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Papo stop while you are ahead, you work for Hialeah. you should not be tallking about reject!

02-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Look, this whole DUI thing, is in some way understandable. Fine, he couldve hurt someone, and himself too.
So I dont think that he mightve done the wrong thing. However, I wouldnt be surprised if MDPD did everything to make this guy feel like shit.

The other night, MDPD 19ed my friend, he's a p.o.
The MDPD asked for his license, registration, and insurance.
My guy told her that he had his firearm with him, she asked where and why. He identified himself as a P.O.
She asked for his ID. He took out his wallet and the first thing she sees is his badge...she assumed he was just gonna her the badge and she burst out saying "I told you I want your ID, not your badge. You badge ain't shit to me".
He showed her the ID and gave him a hard time, at the end she said "dont forget that your badge dont mean shit to us, you're in my County".

Can someone say "****in' *****?" However, if it was the other way around, she would want to be treated with respect.
There was no need to get badge heavy here, especially with another P.O. Its sad how P.O's are against each other, however they show togetherness in tragic situations, like police funerals. We should be together all the time, and not through just the bad times.

County needs to realize that they are P.O's just like every other P.O that went through the academy and carry that badge and gun. Get your head out of you ass and be a little more courteous. Comments and nasty attitude like that from the County further shoves the saying that :Real cops wear blue:

By the way, does County often practice a very "strategic" move to have your 15 in your crossfire on a 19. Her 15 parked directly in front of my boys car, with her car facing that *****. Not very bright of you there.

03-05-2009, 03:24 AM
No matter who you work for, you have to obey the law and be responsible.
Just because you are a cop doesn't exempt you from the law.

Good arrest officer. I bet you that if that school board cop would had killed one
of these people's family members, they would be all for prosecuting this cop.

So drink responsibly people or don't drink at all.

03-05-2009, 03:33 AM
A long time ago I remember a case up in North Florida were a deputy was driving drunk and a trooper stopped him. The deputy was unable to maintain a lane and was speeding. The deputy flashed the badge at the trooper and the trooper let him go.

A few seconds after the trooper let the deputy go, after driving a few blocks down the road a kid was crossing the street and the deputy did not see the red light nor the kid crossing on the cross walk. The deputy plowed into the kid killing him instantly.

Witnesses who had seen the trooper had stopped the kids moments earlier asked why wasn't this man arrested for DUI?

The trooper wound up losing his job.
And of course the deputy was found guilty for DUI Manslaughter.

What I would do if I stop an officer and he or she had too much to drink, if it's the first time I stop this officer, I will call a family member to pick him/her up. Now there won't be a 2nd chance. If I catch you driving drunk again, I will arrest you. I would do the same thing for a civilian. I've done it for civilians called a family member if this was this person's first DUI. If he/she had priors they go to jail.

03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Look, this whole DUI thing, is in some way understandable. Fine, he couldve hurt someone, and himself too.
So I dont think that he mightve done the wrong thing. However, I wouldnt be surprised if MDPD did everything to make this guy feel like shizzat.

The other night, MDPD 19ed my friend, he's a p.o.
The MDPD asked for his license, registration, and insurance.
My guy told her that he had his firearm with him, she asked where and why. He identified himself as a P.O.
She asked for his ID. He took out his wallet and the first thing she sees is his badge...she assumed he was just gonna her the badge and she burst out saying "I told you I want your ID, not your badge. You badge ain't shizzat to me".
He showed her the ID and gave him a hard time, at the end she said "dont forget that your badge dont mean shizzat to us, you're in my County".

Can someone say "****in' *****?" However, if it was the other way around, she would want to be treated with respect.
There was no need to get badge heavy here, especially with another P.O. Its sad how P.O's are against each other, however they show togetherness in tragic situations, like police funerals. We should be together all the time, and not through just the bad times.

County needs to realize that they are P.O's just like every other P.O that went through the academy and carry that badge and gun. Get your head out of you ass and be a little more courteous. Comments and nasty attitude like that from the County further shoves the saying that :Real cops wear blue:

By the way, does County often practice a very "strategic" move to have your 15 in your crossfire on a 19. Her 15 parked directly in front of my boys car, with her car facing that *****. Not very bright of you there.

i stop city cops all the time doing 75-85 on bird.. no prob, we chit chat about police work and clear.
couple days ago, i get stopped by a city cop and get hassled and given a lesson for going 15 over?
i'm not going to judge one officers power trip, to the whole department, i'm still gonna be courteous to p.o's

you tell me buddy, theres always cops out there that have power trips, but dont judge by one officer.

03-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Thats nothing. Ever drive through Davie? They will stop you in your marked unit and lecture you (maybe even stroke you) even if your trying to get to a call-out in a timely manner. Thats one ass-backwards department! How slow is your day going to make you want to stop a marked unit??? Thats giving the puplic a great impression... If you want to be a douche bag about a cop speeding just call the agency and file a complaint like the rest of the a$$hole populaton. Dont be the idiot that tries to teach another cop about speeding, it makes you and your agency look like a bunch of mongo tards! Fukin morons. Leave the police work to the real cops who keep the subjects out of your sleepy litle city.

03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Thats nothing. Ever drive through Davie? They will stop you in your marked unit and lecture you (maybe even stroke you) even if your trying to get to a call-out in a timely manner. Thats one ass-backwards department! How slow is your day going to make you want to stop a marked unit??? Thats giving the puplic a great impression... If you want to be a douche bag about a cop speeding just call the agency and file a complaint like the rest of the a$$hole populaton. Dont be the idiot that tries to teach another cop about speeding, it makes you and your agency look like a bunch of mongo tards! Fukin morons. Leave the police work to the real cops who keep the subjects out of your sleepy litle city.

I've worked in Davie for 12 years, and I have never heard of one of our guys stopping a marked unit??? This is probably a citizen or rookie trying to stir the pot.

03-19-2009, 06:29 PM

Total BS. We have our share of idiot cops, don't get me wrong, but I haven't ever heard of anyone giving another cop a ticket, much less stopping a marked unit.... And that's something that would have made its way around. So, please, come up with a better story if you want to insult our agency.......

And besides, if someone was trying to stop you and you were driving a marked unit (especially to a call out - where I would assume you would be driving code 3), why would you even stop? That's just stupid....

03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Boss Hog, your an idiot. I've been w/Davie for almost 11 years and I've never heard of this happening. Yes we have our share of idiots as the above example indicates but no one stupid enough to pull over another cop in a marked unit. Before you start slinging arrows, you should look in your own dept. A specific example would be a ***** Sgt. named J. Farraj (sp?). You know who you are Sarge. Remember me? I'm the Davie cop you pulled over in Miramar after the Dolphin game cuz' I "disrespected you by passing your marked unit"...Get a fu cking life you douchebag! I would have loved for you to call the Miramar P.D to back you up? They would have seen what a moron you really are. It's bad enough to pull someone over on the way home from a detail for PASSING you but it's even worse when you are in ANOTHER county and then want to lecture another cop about passing cops. Oh well I guess every department has these kinds of supervisors...I just feel sorry for those who work for him. If you need me, you know who I am and my ID# is there for all to see.

TSD

03-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Stop whining, we are cops, we took an oath, (read below) or have you forgotten, and for certain we are not firefighters! If you drink and drive, you put yourself, but more importantly, other motorists. If one has a drinking problem, the first step to recovery is admitting it and seeking help. Most departments are willing to help; we know that MDPD is a leader in help officers who have the courage to admit they need it! When we chose to be cops, no one promised us a rose garden, we knew what we were getting into: WE ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW!

You must be so NEW on the job your shoes still squeak. I can wait to see you arrest a relative for any and all law they break ****HE*D.

03-22-2009, 11:58 PM

I am a retired cop from the city. Lived in Hialeah most of my life. Recently saw a Hialeah cop, also retired, I had not seen in a few years. As we caught up on old times, I mentioned how I really respected the Hialeah P D and the stand up bunch of guys they are. He said the following, "Not anymore my friend, they are hiring assh*les now". I now know what he meant. Kid, your an ASSH*LE And glad I do NOT live in Hialeah anymore..

03-31-2009, 01:46 AM
So their children should also be held to the highest standars since mama and papa should have taught them better. No worries.

I don't think I like where this thing with "Kids" in going. But let me remind you that you guys are nothing but school guards with arresting powers while in the school area. If I was you, I let it go. We are law enforcement officers and we should know better than be DUI and then turn around and arrest some one for the same. If the School Board Security Guard wanted a break he should have given himself the break by not drinking and driving endangering the public and stop blaming a real cop for doing his job. :cop:

01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Well it seems like the school board already wanted their guy to take a fall, which they were already setting him up. So hands are tied there and unfortunately nothing could had been done to help this fellow brother, although I agree that his department should of first try to offer help.

With that said.... It shows how ignorant and arrogant some of you p.o's are out there. Talking about if you break the law you should pay?? How many of you, myself included maybe speed over 15 mph, or roll a stop sign or even maybe have a drink or two and drive back home. How many county units take their green and whites to a bar or restaurant and have many drinks and also drive home...? How many times have a family member gotten a ticket and you call a fellow officer and ask for proffesional courtesy, and maybe not even a family member, maybe just a 33 you have on the side. Don't tell me you don't break any laws and you taking and oath and you should me perfect. Give me a break. I don't know why they keep hiring these sheeps to do a sheepdogs work. What goes around comes around and one day when you are the one who is asking for a break or to cut you some slack, you will run into someone who thinks the same way you do and will not give you a helping hand and screwing your career up and even worse taking food off your table. Good luck because it's a small world after all ;o)

To the rest of my fellow brothers and sisters. Be safe.

04-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Article Los Angeles Times

Ex-Riverside police chief charged with driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol
Officials say Russ Leach, 62, crashed his city-owned vehicle Feb. 8 after a night of drinking. The accident happened after he had four drinks at home and at least seven more at a club, the CHP says.
March 23, 2010|By David Kelly

Former Riverside Police Chief Russ Leach was charged Monday with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when he crashed his city-owned vehicle last month after a night of drinking, officials said.

The Feb. 8 accident happened after Leach had four drinks at home and at least seven more at a strip club in Colton, according to an investigation by the California Highway Patrol.

YOU THINK THE CHIEF SHOULD HAD BEEN GIVEN PROFESSIONAL COURTESY?

05-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Article Los Angeles Times

Ex-Riverside police chief charged with driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol
Officials say Russ Leach, 62, crashed his city-owned vehicle Feb. 8 after a night of drinking. The accident happened after he had four drinks at home and at least seven more at a club, the CHP says.
March 23, 2010|By David Kelly

Former Riverside Police Chief Russ Leach was charged Monday with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when he crashed his city-owned vehicle last month after a night of drinking, officials said.

The Feb. 8 accident happened after Leach had four drinks at home and at least seven more at a strip club in Colton, according to an investigation by the California Highway Patrol.

YOU THINK THE CHIEF SHOULD HAD BEEN GIVEN PROFESSIONAL COURTESY?

No buddy, if you crash and hit someone then you should pay the price. I'll ask you this if we are so DUI concerned why is that people die every other day on our highways at the hands of DUI's. Take the Mcarthur Causway coming from the beach dozens die every year but no one does anythig to stop the excess alcoholics driving from the beach every weekend 60% of which are drunk. Why do cities allow these bars to enable the alcoholics? yet I see troopers and other cops avoid the abvious drunk in accidents but stop a cop and they get hard ons......ironic huh?

05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
You are preaching to the choir. Miami Gardens 39'd one of our own for dui.

06-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Boss Hog, your an idiot. I've been w/Davie for almost 11 years and I've never heard of this happening. Yes we have our share of idiots as the above example indicates but no one stupid enough to pull over another cop in a marked unit. Before you start slinging arrows, you should look in your own dept. A specific example would be a ***** Sgt. named J. Farraj (sp?). You know who you are Sarge. Remember me? I'm the Davie cop you pulled over in Miramar after the Dolphin game cuz' I "disrespected you by passing your marked unit"...Get a fu cking life you douchebag! I would have loved for you to call the Miramar P.D to back you up? They would have seen what a moron you really are. It's bad enough to pull someone over on the way home from a detail for PASSING you but it's even worse when you are in ANOTHER county and then want to lecture another cop about passing cops. Oh well I guess every department has these kinds of supervisors...I just feel sorry for those who work for him. If you need me, you know who I am and my ID# is there for all to see.

TSD

Hey ASSHOLE, you forgot to mention that you were driving a old piece of crap pick up. You forgot to mention you driving like the ASSHOLE that you are. you forgot to mention that you had a bottle of beer in your cup holder that you were drinking. Please explain to me how the **** i was supposed to know you were a cop.

06-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Sat on another cop to bag him for DUI ! Per the orders of the School Board Supervisors ? Someone needs to grow a set of balls or you just got the excuse you needed to make a little court time. Maybe it gave you that feeling of power you need, so for a couple of hours you can feel like the man you wish you could be. There is one of you on every shift. The DUI kings in it for the $$$ and the power trip. We all the one's that should go and the one's to get home. If there is any truth to your defenders then let School Board do there own dirty work. You should have a great career as a pcb ladder climber. I'm sure you do it all by the numbers. Everyone take a good look at this jackass when he is standing tall and proud in court. I know I will......

08-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Let me ask you a question so I can understand this better.
I am a civilian and my kid goes to ABC High School.
Johnny is the school bully his mom and dad are sworn police officers. During a physical education class, Johnny bashes my kid's head with a baseball bat for no reason cracking his skull. Now my kid lies in the hospital on life support. Is Johnny going to get off with just a slap on the hand and told bad boy by the principal?

Or let's look at current school board pd history. At the orders of your now former chief of police, Johnny is Baker Acted even though the only thing wrong with Johnny is that he is a thug.

Think before you post crap on this website. The media reads this, citizens read this. The whole world reads this. So when they see posts saying why did a cop get arrested for DUI, why did that cop give my sister a ticket even though I am a PO, and school board police give children of police officers a break for breaking the law. Civilians and the media say WTF so cops and their families are above the law?

Cops are not very popular today. And when people read this crap you are posting they tend hate law enforcement more and more.

08-18-2012, 01:28 AM
I rarely consider Metro-dade pd (piss on the new miami-dade name) real cops. They consistently demonstrate not only their lack of knowlege of the law, they do not know about professional courtesy. Of course I blame that on the people they hire. MDPD only cares if the applicant is a minority, not if they are quality.

08-18-2012, 02:15 AM
I rarely consider Metro-dade pd (piss on the new miami-dade name) real cops. They consistently demonstrate not only their lack of knowlege of the law, they do not know about professional courtesy. Of course I blame that on the people they hire. MDPD only cares if the applicant is a minority, not if they are quality.

Please oh please, tell us what a REAL department is! I got to hear this. And don't tell me NYPD, thats a joke.

08-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Yes please do tell, inquiring minds want to know.....

08-18-2012, 04:56 AM
Yes, pray tell...what is a "real" department?

08-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Almost anything that isnt mickey metro. I remember not too many years ago your "officers" and I do use that term loosely, were stopping people with PBA badges on their cars and charging them with impersonating a PO. Of course a real cop would be very aware that the crime of impersonating a LEO requires an action that implies authority. Merely having a non-police badge shaped object on your car falls so short of the statute that the "good faith" protection from law suits doesnt even apply. Another amusing thing about your joke agency is the presence of officers that have such a poor command of English that they can't possibly do their job well. Broward SO is better. Hillsborough SO, the first ever accredited agency, is better. Tampa PD, the first ever class F police department, is better by far. Miami PD with all its faults is even better than MDPD. You guys are not respected outside of Dade county. I doubt you jerks even get out of the county enough to know this. We laugh at MDPD around the state and you guys have the undeserved arrogance to think you are the best. Its laughable.

08-19-2012, 04:37 AM
F U man! If you are an A-Hole, we will arrest you. You are not above the law. Are U?

MOD 646
08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Almost anything that isnt mickey metro. I remember not too many years ago your "officers" and I do use that term loosely, were stopping people with PBA badges on their cars and charging them with impersonating a PO. Of course a real cop would be very aware that the crime of impersonating a LEO requires an action that implies authority. Merely having a non-police badge shaped object on your car falls so short of the statute that the "good faith" protection from law suits doesnt even apply. Another amusing thing about your joke agency is the presence of officers that have such a poor command of English that they can't possibly do their job well. Broward SO is better. Hillsborough SO, the first ever accredited agency, is better. Tampa PD, the first ever class F police department, is better by far. Miami PD with all its faults is even better than MDPD. You guys are not respected outside of Dade county. I doubt you jerks even get out of the county enough to know this. We laugh at MDPD around the state and you guys have the undeserved arrogance to think you are the best. Its laughable.

Back in the day, everyone and their brother had a PBA decal on their license plate. Someone found an obscure statute or ordinance that said it was a no-no for anyone but an actual member to display a symbol of fraternal organization membership. I don’t recall any getting arrested for impersonating a police officer.

08-19-2012, 09:09 PM

The only joke is YOU! I have worked with and taught many other agencies. MDPD is actually regarded pretty highly. South Florida in general, isn't so much. You sound like a cop who is disgruntled. Why don't you go too your own agencies page and spew you garbage, we don't need it here!

08-21-2012, 02:52 PM
OK JUST FOR EVERYONES INFO THE DECISION TO ARREST THE SCHOOL BOARD POLICE OFFICER CAME FROM THE SCHOOL BOARD HIGHER UPS AND NOT THE COUNTY SO BEFORE YOU ALL JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS FIND OUT THE FACTS... THE COUNTY OFFICER WAS GONNA LET HIM GO ... TRUST ME THATS WHAT WENT DOWN

I belive this to be the truth

08-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Spiderman id that you or Angel?

08-28-2012, 07:23 PM
No, that School Board PO ruined his own life by getting and driving drunk! Come to the realization that being a cop does not exempt you from living within the intent, letter and spirit of the law. Otherwise, quit and become a civilian. NO EXCUSES!the problem is that you were a nerd in school and people like me picked on you and now you became a cop to show us. it's a job there buddy get a life we are not cops 24/7 everyone is human. the uniform doesn't make you a man.

He still is a NERD!!

09-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I really dis-like that trooper that makes himself out to be clean like Jesus. I always see your vehicles running up and down the highways at 100 MPH, but that's ok. Stop an off duty cop, out of state cop for speeding and you'll write them a ticket. I think the FHP is a bunch of under paid idiots and I will never stop and back one of you up. A bunch of want-be cops. A bunch of tickets writers and if any of you every did any real police work, will I guess you would not want to fight a drunk that just beat the hell of out his wife or girlfriend and now has his sights set on you. That kind of real police work is not for the FHP, this is the reason they feel the need to write other police officers, it makes them feel like a man. Get a real police officer job and then you'll understand. But, until then go ahead and write more tickets to other police officers and keep telling yourself that you’re the man. hahahahahahahahaha. FYI, The FHP, is the butt of all jokes...

09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Manny your a very tuff and brave guy, we can see that.