PDA

View Full Version : Want Your Input

08-19-2008, 09:04 AM
This is an open invitation to the sworn women officers at your agency. I am seeking honest feedback about women in law enforcement. There are obviously more women hired by law enforcment agencies in this decade; however, I want to know:

1. Do you believe that both genders have an equal opportunity to excel in your chosen field?

2. How has gender helped or harmed your ability to work in law enforcement?

3. If you had an opportunity to change one thing at your department that would positively impact future women of law enforcement, what would that be?

4. Do you think that women already on the force could do more to improve future opportunities for women in law enforcement? If so, please explain your personal insight.

I am interested in any productive statements from sworn male officers that will comment on their general opionion of women in law enforcment, positive or negative.

Your collective opinions may be included in a scholarly brief about women who choose the field of law enforcment and insight on improving, if needed, any gender biases that exist. Thank you for your honest observations.

B. A. McFurian
Florida University Student of Graduate StudiesFL Graduate Student
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
1. Do you believe that both genders have an equal opportunity to excel in your chosen field? Absolutely. Women can achieve excellent results as a Patrol Officer and through out the ranks. Both Men and Women can be excellent P.O.'s

2. How has gender helped or harmed your ability to work in law enforcement? My gender, Male, hasn't helped at all. It's the way I communicate with people and listen and act. Respect from my peers, community, State Attorney and my victims and my arrestees.

3. If you had an opportunity to change one thing at your department that would positively impact future women of law enforcement, what would that be?Encourage all members to try several different positions in the Police Department. Supervisors should encourage the shining cops to try, detective bureau, motors, K9, ect. Let them know that they would be good.

4. Do you think that women already on the force could do more to improve future opportunities for women in law enforcement? If so, please explain your personal insight.Don't act like men. Most don't, but women are women and they are needed everyday just as they are. Like anyone else, some cops are just better than others at Police Work. Everyone know who the great ones are and the great ones are usually very modest about it. I have found the the exceptional Police Officers usually don't seek rank above Sergeant because they like being an active Police Officer. Most become Detectives or excell in the place they feel best, on the road with the community.

08-25-2008, 11:34 PM
This is an open invitation to the sworn women officers at your agency. I am seeking honest feedback about women in law enforcement. There are obviously more women hired by law enforcment agencies in this decade; however, I want to know:

1. Do you believe that both genders have an equal opportunity to excel in your chosen field?

Hell yeah, women can eat donuts and watch their asses grow just like us guys!

2. How has gender helped or harmed your ability to work in law enforcement?

Helped me get laid, cause chicks love a guy with a badge!

3. If you had an opportunity to change one thing at your department that would positively impact future women of law enforcement, what would that be?

Hire less lesbians and more good looking straight chicks, like Branda Alexander. Hey Branda baby, if you're out there and you read this board hit me up!

4. Do you think that women already on the force could do more to improve future opportunities for women in law enforcement? If so, please explain your personal insight.

When responding to a call where you're backing me up and you see me struggling with a suspect on the ground, for god's sake help me get his arm out from under him so I can cuff him, don't just stand there and watch and yell at him to "stop struggling" or some b.s.!

I am interested in any productive statements from sworn male officers that will comment on their general opionion of women in law enforcment, positive or negative.

Your collective opinions may be included in a scholarly brief about women who choose the field of law enforcment and insight on improving, if needed, any gender biases that exist. Thank you for your honest observations.

B. A. McFurian
Florida University Student of Graduate StudiesFL Graduate Student