PDA

View Full Version : Any Openings?

08-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I notice that a lot of the smaller departments with sites here don't have a lot of dirty laundry being aired. Must be a great place to work.

Any openings and what is the starting salary? Do you hire from outside your area?

Looking to leave the fast lanes of South Florida, thanks for any info.

08-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I notice that a lot of the smaller departments with sites here don't have a lot of dirty laundry being aired. Must be a great place to work.

Any openings and what is the starting salary? Do you hire from outside your area?

I'm not sure if we have replaced the one who resigned after the Federal Indictment a couple of weeks ago yet or not. Also depending on the outcome of the Primary on the 26th their could be a lot of openings. I don't see why we wouldn't hire from outside the area. We have in the past. Are you ready for the starting salary??? It's going to knock your pants off... Here it is, hot off the web site... $30,900/year. Of course, the cost of living is lower here. At least the housing is. Everything else is going up just like every where else in the state. Here's a link to our web site if you want to look at it. http://www.taylorcountysherifffl.org/

Hope this helps.

08-27-2008, 10:56 PM

I'm not sure if we have replaced the one who resigned after the Federal Indictment a couple of weeks ago yet or not. Also depending on the outcome of the Primary on the 26th their could be a lot of openings. I don't see why we wouldn't hire from outside the area. We have in the past. Are you ready for the starting salary??? It's going to knock your pants off... Here it is, hot off the web site... $30,900/year. Of course, the cost of living is lower here. At least the housing is. Everything else is going up just like every where else in the state. Here's a link to our web site if you want to look at it. http://www.taylorcountysherifffl.org/

Hope this helps.

WOW!!! We top out at 81,000.00.. (Road Deputy). I would love to retire and work up there for the chucks and giggles.

08-31-2008, 09:35 PM
WOW!!! We top out at 81,000.00.. (Road Deputy). I would love to retire and work up there for the chucks and giggles.

Starting next year they have a new recruitment campaign. On top of the high salary of nearly $31,000, you will be issued a 4x4 patrol vehicle equipped with a dog box and CB radio to be used on and off duty.

Must be able to speak the language of the locals. Here's and example.

Hirin' Process:

Befo'e appointment t'enny posishun wif th' Taylo' County Sheriff’s Office, applicants muss successfully complete multiple steps in th' hirin' process includin': interview, backgroun' investigashun, polygraph examinashun, drug screen, physical examinashun, etc. Th' hirin' process kin take between 4 - 8 weeks dependin' upon th' posishun an' th' applicant. Th' Taylo' County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Employment Oppo'tunity Employer. We welcome yer interess an' incourage yo' t'download th' employment applicashun fo' th' posishun yo'’re applyin' fo' as listed below.
Certified Oppo'tunities:

Th' Taylo' County Sheriff’s Office offers career oppo'tunities in various areas sech as: Co'reckshuns, Patrol, Criminal Investigashuns, Skoo Resource, Crime Prevenshun, Traffic Enfo'cement an' Civil, ah reckon.
Startin' Salary fo' Co'reckshuns Officer: $30,900/year
Startin' Salary fo' Law Enfo'cement Officer: $30,900/year