PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm Fay

08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I figure more of our officers read this than the in house e-mail, so for all officers that are off duty over the weekend I would like to give you an update on the tropical storm. Lee County EOC issued an update at 5:00pm with the forecast cone putting the path of Fay very close to Fort Myers late morning early afternoon Tuesday as possibly a Categoty 2 Hurricane.

I will be updating the assignments for all officers since we just had a shift change, tomorrow. Expect to be notified by your supervisor tomorrow evening or Monday morning regarding your new assignment. my goal will be to complete the assignments with as little inconvenience as possible to officers, taking into consideration their current work hours.

For all new officers keep in mind that if the department is activated due to the storm we will be on 12 hour shifts until released. Prepare your homes and ensure you have a plan for your families. In the event we are activated it could be several days before we can return home.

If activated please consider the following bring for yourselves anything you would need to be away form home for at least three (3) days. Bring non perishable food for at least a day. meals will be provided by Lee Memorial Hospital, but to be on the safe side it would be wise to bring some food.

In the event of an activation you will be told where to report and what arrangements have been made.

I will be publishing updates via our e-mail as I get them from E.O.C. If any FMPD officers have questions, do not hesitate in contacting me or or any other supervisor.

Sorry for taking up so much space.

D.E.

08-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Dennis, where and when shall I report? I can't wait for this overtime....... Chitwood and I will use it to put some rims on our golf cart at the Flea Market.....

08-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Dennis, where and when shall I report? I can't wait for this overtime....... Chitwood and I will use it to put some rims on our golf cart at the Flea Market.....

Keep out of FMPD business you two faced has been.....

08-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Brant I have you listed in my reserve force, I new I could count on you.

08-17-2008, 02:17 PM
At what category must the storm be to where they make you guys stay overnight??? How long do they make you stay overnight, the entire time your on 12 hours shifts, or only until the storm passes over?

Just curious how you guys do things.

08-17-2008, 04:05 PM
At what category must the storm be to where they make you guys stay overnight??? How long do they make you stay overnight, the entire time your on 12 hours shifts, or only until the storm passes over?

Just curious how you guys do things.

Lets see, when we were under the Nostradamus Bri. Phillips, if the wind was over 6 MPH, he'd have us spend the entire week so he can justify making his overtime :twisted: