PDA

View Full Version : No Confidence Vote

Lonewolf1
08-16-2008, 11:24 AM
The union representing New York City police officers cast a vote of no-confidence in Police Commissioner Howard Safir yesterday, questioning many of his actions in recent months and saying that officers are under tremendous pressure to make arrests and issue summonses.

James Savage, the president of the union, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, said that the Giuliani administration's zero-tolerance approach to crimes, particularly quality-of-life offenses, had outlived its usefulness now that crime had decreased. Further, Mr. Savage, who is facing a hotly contested election campaign to keep the union's presidency, said that officers were being pressured to make arrests and issue summonses in every incident, which he said had harmed the public's perception of police officers.

BRIDGEPORT — Nearly half the Bridgeport Police Union Local 1159 has voted "no confidence" in Chief Bryan T. Norwood and Mayor Bill Finch.
The ballots, tallied Monday night, show 187 police officers voted no confidence in the administration while 27 voted against the no-confidence motion. Ballots were mailed to the union members two weeks ago.

The vote is symbolic and has no practical impact on the chief, who is chosen by the mayor. Norwood was sworn in April 2006, and has a five-year contract.

But the vote indicates deep discontent with the ranks of city police, said Officer Frank Cuccaro, the union president.

St. Louis police vote no confidence in chief

Published Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Miami's police union, fed up with Miami Police Chief John Timoney, on Wednesday took the rare step of scheduling a vote on whether to declare a lack of confidence in his leadership.

The more than 900 officers who make up the union will decide Sept. 4 whether they want to formally request Timoney's ouster by declaring a vote of ''no confidence'' in both him and his deputy chief, Frank Fernandez.

Armando Aguilar, the president of Miami's Fraternal Order of Police, said in his 26 years with the force he has never seen such a vote happen before."

Looks like it is time for LPD members to step up and tell their union reps it is time for a vote of No Confidence, talking is certainly not changing anything, and it might just send a message to city hall.

08-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Why is it every time we ask for a vote of no-confidence the union side steps and says it will do no good? Are we children who don't know what we want? Does the union work for us, or for what they want to do, telling us what is good for us? Since we are trying to get attention drawn to the buffoonery of staff one, what better idea is there? What ideas have the union come up with?

Lonewolf1
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I can tell you for sure what it will do.

1. Cast a great deal of media attention on the police department requiring the adminstration to respond and run around like cats covering up their litter box

2. Cast a great deal of media attention on City Hall and require them to ask the department adminstration, "What the hell, are you doing over there?"

3. It will have an impact on the citizens of the city and they will start asking questions about what is going on with its police department, especially the more vocal sections of the community.

4. The PBA will gain great respect and support from its members because it had the guts to stand up for them and address a long term and very serious leadership issue at LPD.

The bottom line is that it is better to do something than to sit and take the pathetic and corrupt leadership. Who knows, it could even push some of the dead wood at the top out the door.

08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
lonewolf, no one care's until their in the crosshair's. util that happen's it's stick your head in the sand time at this place. because we all know it can never happen to us. although i can think of several who used to stand with us and have our back's that are gone and forgotten,if we forget them it help's us justify the, ''not me,'' mentality. remember that, remember them!

Lonewolf1
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
You would be surprised about how many care. How many have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough is quite another story. I never believed in keeping my mouth shut when those nitwits on the 3rd floor pulled their stunts and was often in the crosshairs. You choose either to deal with it and make sure you have eyes in the back of your head or you "bury your head in the sand". All it takes if for you or anyone to get with the Union reps and get this thing going. If they won't do it, go to the regional or national office and start raising hell.

I may be retired, but I will tell any one of those idiots right to their face how badly they have helped to screw up one of the premier agencies in Florida and even the country. Which is probably the main reason I won't go to the department sponsored retirees luncheons each year, because I know I wouldn't be able to keep from biatch slappin the whole bunch.

I know there is a lot of unjustified complaining and whining on this board about this and that, but when I hear comments from ranking members of other agencies asking me, "What has happened to LPD?" and "Who is that (name omitted) Asst. Chief, he/she is clueless?" I can only shake my head and say nothing.

The saddest part is that they have been up there so long, isolated from the streets and the working officers, working their petty personal agendas that they can't or don't even see what has happened to the department or worse, they don't care. All the more reason for a vote of no confidence for the COP and his staff.

08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
How about right after we pass our NO VOTE OF CONFIDENCE for the Chief of Police, we then take a NO VOTE OF CONFIDENCE on our Union? It seems that the union is more concerned about keep our administration happy than doing what is best for us. It seems like if not the union, representatives for our union does not want to step on our administrators toes or up set them. I see this as a real problem with in our confidence in the union and our department.

I am calling the union out! I do not think our union will allow us the opportunity to have a NO VOTE OF CONFIDENCE on the chief or is ACOP staff. Mark those words. I believe it is because in my opinion, they do not want to look like the bad guys to the administration. All they ever do is dance around these types of things until the situation goes away. I know all of our Union Reps and most are personal friends of mine, I just have one question, is it you “The Reps” or the PBA, or the administration telling you what you can do or not do. All of “The Reps” are great guys and great street cops, what happened to you? The only answer we get our of our reps is, “I DON’T KNOW!”, well I am sorry but for me that is not good enough! This is my career and this is my money and my job!! It seems like the administration has, if you will, their thumb on our reps, sort of the old theory of “you keep your people in line and we will keep our people in line” .

Why isn’t our union making more of a stink about stuff going on with in our Police Department? What happened to “We will use the press” if we need to put pressure on the administration? Has anyone seen anything in the Ledger about what is going on with in our department? How about Bay New 9 ?..... No? Me either!!!

Our City Fathers are trying to fall through on a signed contract and take back our raises, we are cutting programs, our department moral is its lowest in 20 years, and the City Manager has threaten to lay off police officers!!! Wouldn’t you think this would be a good time to start doing something while we still have a job or are we going to wait until members get laid off to start saying something?

Can anyone remember the last time the words “Lay Off Police Officers” was ever came out of the City Manager’s mouth? I can tell you this; it certainly did not happen with Gene Strickland! Gene Strickland stood behind our police officers, would come to briefings and if you was a police officer, he knew your name. When was the last time you saw the city manager at a briefing or the chief?

Our police department is crumbling in on it self! All we hear out of our union reps about the lay offs is two things; 1) the city is bluffing and wont do it, 2) first ones hired, first ones fired! Well I thought our union was supposed to work for everyone to include the rookies? Most of them are young men and women who are newly married and have new born babies, trying to start a career, working the midnight shift and now they are going to get the shaft.

Why aren’t our union reps dancing on City Hall or the Ledger, or here is a great ideal, why aren’t our union reps organizing a “GATHERING” of our union, and other members of the city (electric and water, fire fighters, and other members of the PBA from Central Florida) and call a hearing at city hall. They could invite the press and let’s walk into city hall as an organized unit and speak our mind! Make a stance so the tax payers can see that the City Manger is trying to lay off police officers and us as police officers and the UNION are trying to prevent that and ask for the community’s help!!!

"Your are either a barker or biter" which one is our union???

Wake up UNION, Wake up City Hall, Wake Up TAX payers!!!! If this keeps up, we all will be wearing green!!!!

08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Go wear green if you are not happy. Quit wasting your time complaining. No one is listening.

08-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Standing up and exposing the problems is not considered complaining. Just because we're not happy it doesn't mean we want to leave. We have way too much invested in this agency. Its our dept, we aren't leaving, and they can't shut us up.

08-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Wow Greeniswhereitisat, that is the answer that I would get from one of our REPS or ADMINISTRATORS. “The old if you don’t like the way it is, go somewhere else”, you know I am tired of that. That attitude is what is wrong with this place now and so far as “NO ONE IS LISENING”, well I guess you have proven someone is, you are, and you responded to this post and I wish everyone who read this would post more of there opinions because A LOT OF PEOPLE READ THIS, EVERYDAY!!!

I have spend 10 plus years here and I am union paying dues member and I for once want to try to save this place that I work and I use to take pride in. I am tired of excuses and I am tired of people dancing around like they are trying to put out a fire. Why all the smoke and mirrors? If I wanted to walk away from this job I could have and that is still an opinion but unlike others, I believe in this JOB and what I do for my community. I remember the day when I use to say I would do this job for free, still would do that job, just not around the administration of LPD, because they only care about themselves. All they would have to do to bring up the moral in our department is to stand behind the troops.

Here is a situation that I remember when a brother detective was involved in a roll over crash of his departmental vehicle and was taken to the hospital with injuries. No administrator over the rank of LT. showed up or called to check on him, but what really impressed me was that the Great Grady did call the Lt. and asked him if there was anything he or his department could do, now in my mind that speaks volumes. Why can’t our administration act like that? Just a phone call or show your presents on scene and at lease acted like you gave two shits.

We are brothers and we need to work together. I am not here to bash anyone to include the REPS or “the old man at the top”. I personally like him as a person but he sucks as a chief and ceo. I am not sure what happened to him, when he was a captain he was a great man and still is a great man, but just my opinion he does not have the motivation or backing to do what needs to be done.

We, the members and the union need to find out what is the source of the problem is in our organization and lets focus our anger and frustration on removing those problems instead of dancing around and getting mad at each other.

You know is like servicing out a call, sometimes you spend more time trying to service the call out than you would if you just wrote the report.

WAKE UP LPD!!!

08-27-2008, 01:57 AM
"Miami's police union, fed up with Miami Police Chief John Timoney, on Wednesday took the rare step of scheduling a vote on whether to declare a lack of confidence in his leadership.

It saddens me to see Chief John Timoney go astray. He assisted me in 1994 regarding my IAD complaint I filed against a NYC police officer. Everything he did was on the level.

...nobody here cares about your opinion...still.

08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
LeslieToddJones, get off our board. You are a scumbag criminal. We don't care who you used to work for, who you work for now, or who you will be a nark for in the future. We don't care about who you have gotten fired or investigated, and we don't care about your lawsuits. We hate you and your scumbag wife. Stop posting on our forum. Go away and crawl under a rock. You suck.

Lonewolf1
08-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Regarding this Leslie Jones idiot, all you need to do is contact the board administrator and have him banned. Based on his repetitive rantings, they will easily banned him for being a bandwidth hog.

Also, get everyone to start flooding his web page with BS and you can make his system crash and then his service provider will dump him like a bad habit.

08-27-2008, 11:21 PM
The posts from idiot Jones and Melissa are being deleted as they are found. Each time either of them post something it is reported.

Lets not forget the topic of this discussion. Where is our vote of no-confidence? We finally have them discussing it, lets poor on the heat to get it done.

08-28-2008, 01:56 AM
In reference to a Vote of No Confidence... I rarely post, and have never signed my name to my posts for obvious reasons. However, I am willing to sign my name on an "Official" No Confidence letter in reference to our chief and his three little pigs. How does this get done? Obviously, the PBA is not going to do anything, for whatever reason. If people are willing, I will write a letter, post it somewhere, and let people add their signatures. But this would need to be an all or nothing deal, everyone signs on or it doesn't get done. I'm not hanging my ass out there to be spanked... What do we want to do...? If anyone from the PBA would like to get the ball rolling, which I think you should do, please reply. This isn't something I should have to do myself; that's why we pay dues and such.

Lonewolf1
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
FYI I contacted the board administrator and they have banned the idiot jones. Now, more importantly.

Having been there with the target on my back let me offer some advice;

Before you start a petition, reach out to your PBA reps and get a definitive answer yes or no if they are going to start the process for a vote of No Confidence for the Chief and his Staff (love the 3 pigs reference), if they do not give you an answer, contact the district office and let them know ASAP. If your reps are not responding to the needs of the officers they need to go.

If you do start a petition, make sure that you don't do it on duty and preferably away from the station. Otherwise they will use that as an excuse to stick it to you.

Remember this: That bunch is vindictive as hell and they will try to crush anyone who can potentially upset their little schemes and apple carts. If you do this be aware of the potential consequences and make sure that you cover your back. Be careful who you trust with too much information and keep your cards very close to your chest.

Feel free to PM if you want additional information and I will contact you rather than posting it here for everyone, including the 3rd floor to see.

08-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I will sign whatever I need to in order to show my total lack of confidence in Boatner. He has allowed this agency to fall to an unprecedented level of poor morale, apathy and criminal activity. I thought the most embarrassing thing he could have done was to promote Felicia Wilson, then when it looked like the Lt. list was going to expire he created a new position for Al Wilson so he wouldn't have to re-take the test. Now he has topped himself by letting these two known felons keep their jobs at what was once a prestigious agency. If there is a need for minority supervisors, why not concentrate on the excellent members we have, instead of catering to these two thugs. They need to be wearing PCSO orange jumpsuits, not LPD blue. Boatner has got to go!!!

08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
5F
I will sign whatever I need to in order to show my total lack of confidence in Boatner. He has allowed this agency to fall to an unprecedented level of poor morale, apathy and criminal activity. I thought the most embarrassing thing he could have done was to promote Felicia Wilson, then when it looked like the Lt. list was going to expire he created a new position for Al Wilson so he wouldn't have to re-take the test. Now he has topped himself by letting these two known felons keep their jobs at what was once a prestigious agency. If there is a need for minority supervisors, why not concentrate on the excellent members we have, instead of catering to these two thugs. They need to be wearing PCSO orange jumpsuits, not LPD blue. Boatner has got to go!!!

wow....I believe it was Felecia Wilson who didn't show up for a depo in another IAD investigation. Well said!

Lonewolf1
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Little birdy at the Ledger says they are looking hard at the case involving the husband and wife supervisors and are very interested in this possible No Confidence vote. Anyone approach their union reps yet?

09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
little birdy at the ledger does not have to look to hard to find a front page story here at l.p.d. criminals are allowed to continue to work and collect pensions here. investigations that fall to close to home or a good old boy stopped dead in their tracks. yet persons injured while wearing blue and orange tossed to the side like garbage, shown the door without pensions like the few ''chosen ones.'' you dont have to look so hard just open the front door, the same door that is an exit only for some of are brothers. while every day others come in and press three on the elevator and sleep well at night. counting the day's till they hit their lottery, while others count food stamps. come on in birdie and you will be in every paper in the country.

09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I am a street cop going on 10 years with LPD. It saddens me to see the vast array of complaints on this site knowing that most of them are people that I fight with out here. All of you have valid complaints and I applaud those who stick up for what they believe in. I will agree that there is a great imbalance in what we have verses what we should. I cringe at the thought the city administration may cut positions given the fact that we are getting beat up on midnight shift as it is. There have been many times recently trying to type a report I find myself just staring at the computer screen out of sheer exhaustion. We are so short as it is, cutting more people would probably push most of us off a cliff just because we are TIRED. When an officer is taking 25-30 DISPATCHED calls, not including the self initiated BS that the 3rd floor makes us take for their retarded TAC Initiatives. In case anyone in administration reads these, TAC is a ridiculous waste of time. It is no secret where the problems lie. The problem is we are too busy running from call to call, there is no such thing as patrolling anymore. Stop making us take the time to pull over and type on a site what we already try to do and get us some DAMN HELP! Cut back some of the specialty units and put some of them in patrol, not permanently just until we can get back on our feet. The specialty units work hard and do a good job but we are drowning out here.

As far as the union goes, I have been fortunate enough not to have to use them for my personal needs. I am far from retirement so the vices are not killing me in that regards. I see the gripes of others on here so I assume their valid.

I think that there does need to be some intervention with our Admin. We have one ACOP thats a criminal that focuses more on hiring pretty girls than whats important, 1 thats a gimp and one that is trying to impress the wrong people too much that the dirty ones keep on keeping on. It takes a Chief with b*lls to keep things running smoothly, but the problem lies in the 3rd floor offices next to him moreso on the street. Why is it when you get promoted you automatically turn anti-cop? We have enough guns pointed at us out here, we don't need bullets flying down on us from the 3rd floor. Chief, earn the respect of your TROOPS and work hard to make them feel important. That will keep you in the good graces of those that matter the most .. . the ones you empower to maintain order and control. When is the last time one of your ACOPS were humping calls out here at 3 am? Well, besides the ones that are going 10-87 on details so they can fatten up their last 3 years when the rest of us at 1/2 their salaries can't pay our mortgage.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY JOB. Every day I put on that 28 lbs of equipment, I still feel the same pride I did from the first day. It just makes it harder to wear when everytime someone wants to make a suggestion for change the only response is "It's just not lucrative for the city" or "If you don't like it, go somewhere else". Would you say that to your family, as you say we all are?

-Proud to be a cop

09-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I wanted to do this as a new thread, but as this "No Confidence" thread already exists, here goes. This post directly concerns tonight's letter from our PBA Reps and the letter from Jim Diamond, in reference to the upcoming meeting and vote of (no) confidence in the LPD leadership. I say, the quicker, the better!

I know I can only speak for myself, but when the time comes, and the question is posed, "Do you have faith and confidence in the leadership of the Lakeland Police Department?", my response will be an unreserved, wholehearted, resounding "NO!!!" (with three exclamation marks!) Roger Boatner has done NOTHING to improve this department or the pay, benefits, and/or working conditions of the employees at LPD, sworn or unsworn. He has given us no support in any way, nor have his three assistants. They have, in fact, often times worked AGAINST us with regard to our dealings with the city management. He has also embarrassed us and called into question the integrity of every officer in the department with his own criminal behavior in collusion with the SAO, and with his support of the Lt. and former Sgt. who committed criminal acts against this Department and were allowed to keep their jobs.

NO, I do not have confidence in Chief Boatner, nor in his ass istants, nor in the ability of any of them to "lead" this department, except down a dark path of further destruction. As far as I am concerned, Boatner has not led this department, or at least those of us with integrity, for quite some time.

As I said earlier, my vote will be No, I do not have confidence in Chief Boatner and the other administrators of the Lakeland Police Department. I encourage everyone, EVERYONE, to be at one of the upcoming meetings, no matter what, and lend your voice to this vote. This could be a step in the right direction toward getting new (not one of the current regime, sorry, Bill) and effective leadership in place that would be another voice for the working officers and other employees at LPD. See you at the meeting!

09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I encourage everyone, EVERYONE, to be at one of the upcoming meetings, no matter what, and lend your voice to this vote. This could be a step in the right direction toward getting new (not one of the current regime, sorry, Bill) and effective leadership in place that would be another voice for the working officers and other employees at LPD. See you at the meeting!

I will be there. And I will be bringing my NO!!!!!!!!!! with me. Now is the time LPD!

NO CONFIDENCE!!!!!!

09-18-2008, 03:08 PM
With the Chief in the drop program do you really think a vote of no confidence will actually, tangibly DO anything? He's set until retirement and disgruntled employees ain't gonna get the city manager to fire him. On paper, he's doing great.

Lonewolf1
09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Don't be taken in by locker room rhetoric. A very public vote of No Confidence will send a chilling message to City Hall and the City Commission. You may or may not believe it, but public perception is very important to these players and if the COP is making them all look bad, you can bet that he will be "convinced" retire and who knows, since his 3-stooges are also at retirement age, they might be "convinced" as well.

With the cop felons, the Don Bell case, City Hall backstabbing the officers on their raises and now the great barbecue grill scandal, a major vote of No Confidence on the COP and his staff will have a huge impact and will get the citizens calling in and asking City Hall WTF is going going on.

Remember, the City Manager can be hired or fired for as little as cause and he aint gonna give up his cushy job for an incompetent COP and his bungling staff.

Lonewolf1
10-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Get lost criminal

JONES, LESLIE T 2004-019479 Inmate Name: JONES, LESLIE T Release Date: 09/28/2004 Booking Number: 2004-019479 Booking Date: 08/24/2004 Race: W sex: M DOB: 03/01/1963 Height: 511 Weight: 180 Location: TRANSFERRED TO BOOKING Arresting Agency: LAKELAND POLICE DEPT. Hold: N Hold for: Disposition of Hold: DNA: ? Registered Felon Date: 01/16/2007 AKA No known AKA Charge Number 1 Statute: 810.02(3D) BURGL-OF OCCUPIED CONVEYANCE AND UNARMED Charge on arrest docket: BURGLARY Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 2 Statute: 812.014(2C1) LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: GRAND THEFT Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 3 Statute: 810.02(4) BURGL-OF STRUCTURE CONVEYANCE UNARMED WO PERS INSIDE Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND BURGLARY A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: PROBATION Upgrade/Reduction: Charge Number 4 Statute: 812.014(2E) LARC-PETIT 1ST DEGREE PROPERTY 100 TO UND 300 DOLS Charge on arrest docket: OFF BOND PETIT THEFT A/O 082704 Bond Type: Bond Number: Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 0.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: Disposition: TISR Upgrade/Reduction:

10-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Not to bring up old news, but who is leslie todd jones?

Lonewolf1
10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Not to bring up old news, but who is leslie todd jones?

A lakeland/Polk County criminal with an axe to grind against law enforcement rather than taking responsibility for his own actions. He tries to hijack the board and threads. The adminstration has been notified and he is being monitored. He will probably be banned again, this time forever.

10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
"Jones knows things no one else does about what really goes on behind closed doors at the SAO."

I think that should read "Jones knows things no one else does about what really goes on behind closed doors in the Florida State Prison System." That I would believe. That's where he's spent his time recently. Jones is a conspriracy theory freak who has watched far too many movies. So Jones, you and your little wife Melissa Tubbs will scour the internet high and low in search of someone to believe your little stories and your ongoing rhetoric. You'd like to make people think that Jones is the messiah returned. Give me a break, he's a common POS, not even common, he's too stupid to pull off burglary without leaving footprints in the paint or taking a cab from the scene. Now this idiot takes to the computer with his stupid rants.

10-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Cute.....but I expected this. Makes ya feel like a big man to pick on a defensless woman doesn't it?
So while you were busy erasing my posts, I was busy starting another forum site. Instead of leo affairs it will be leo assaults dot com. I have a feeling this new forum will be a hit with John Q. Especially those in Polk County. Can't shut me up. Try it.
It's just like a dirty cop to post my name and then have the mods erase your crime. Kinda like Hill and Boatner erasing each other's department's crimes. Too late. I already printed it out and added it to my file.
And your PCSO and SAO wonders why we won't cooperate with them. Until they either get Hillsborough SAO or the Attorney General involved, we ain't talking and this latest pair murderers can walk scott free. Doesn't bother me. They are in your backyard, not mine.
A Defensless Woman

Hey there "de-fence-less woman",

You provided your real name on the Ledger forums many moons ago. Seems as though you and your felonious hubby aren't the only people who monitor both the Ledger forums and leoaffairs. Need I provide the case numbers of your felon husband's crimes so that everyone, EVERYONE can read the reports under the freedom of information act to know what kind of POS he is? I will if you insist.