PDA

View Full Version : Florida Continues Its Push To Make All Troopers Quit

08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Just when FHP has more people quiting than ever they continue to come down harder and harder on their troopers. No matter how many tickets you write, no matter how many tires you change, no matter how many crashes you work, it is not good enough for FHP. Troopers are tired of the BS. They are tired of working their butts off for an agency and state that doesn't care. We have little to no back up, poor training, and poor radios, yet they want us to write 20 tickets a day to anything that moves. Troopers do not want to put their lives on the line for an agency they have no future with. On top of that FHP blackballs anyone that talks about getting a new job or is actively trying to do so. They label you as disgruntled, lazy, a slug, or all the above.

Can anyone blame troopers for not wanting to work their butts off for 15 years when you are only receiving $3,000 a month along with extremely poor training? You can go out there and get yourself killed and no one within FHP will care. They will put your picture on the wall and continue on like nothing ever happened. We have had several troopers killed in the last dozen years and what has changed with FHP? Nothing. This agency is getting away with wanting everything for nothing and it must end. They are more concerned with their stats than fighting for the needs of the trooper. Every trooper needs to put their foot down and not allow this agency to walk all over us.

08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
In Tampa they are dispatching troopers to calls at 10 minuties until 10-42 time even if the call is 20 miles away. There is no promise you will get relief either. So basically you never know what time you will be getting home at. They have people constantly going home earlier to offset their OT which only makes it harder on those still on the road.

08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
take a X50 Xray twenty minutes out...that will take care of problem....they will hold

08-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Just when FHP has more people quiting than ever they continue to come down harder and harder on their troopers. No matter how many tickets you write, no matter how many tires you change, no matter how many crashes you work, it is not good enough for FHP. Troopers are tired of the BS. They are tired of working their butts off for an agency and state that doesn't care. We have little to no back up, poor training, and poor radios, yet they want us to write 20 tickets a day to anything that moves. Troopers do not want to put their lives on the line for an agency they have no future with. On top of that FHP blackballs anyone that talks about getting a new job or is actively trying to do so. They label you as disgruntled, lazy, a slug, or all the above.

Can anyone blame troopers for not wanting to work their butts off for 15 years when you are only receiving $3,000 a month along with extremely poor training? You can go out there and get yourself killed and no one within FHP will care. They will put your picture on the wall and continue on like nothing ever happened. We have had several troopers killed in the last dozen years and what has changed with FHP? Nothing. This agency is getting away with wanting everything for nothing and it must end. They are more concerned with their stats than fighting for the needs of the trooper. Every trooper needs to put their foot down and not allow this agency to walk all over us.

Who cares what they say. They can't force you to write tickets.

08-15-2008, 01:49 AM
QUOTAS ARE ILLEGAL! Don't mess with a cops beat brass! :x

08-15-2008, 02:20 AM

Well some of them sure are trying and threatening poor job performance ratings.

08-15-2008, 03:19 AM

*******s... you can only do so much in 8 hrs

08-15-2008, 04:24 AM

"Well some of them sure are trying and threatening poor job performance ratings".[/quote]

That's about the only thing that PBA is good for. Give me a bad 'performance rating'(due to high activity standards) and some dirty FHP laundry just might hit St. Pete Times :wink:

08-15-2008, 04:27 AM
In Tampa they are dispatching troopers to calls at 10 minuties until 10-42 time even if the call is 20 miles away. There is no promise you will get relief either. So basically you never know what time you will be getting home at. They have people constantly going home earlier to offset their OT which only makes it harder on those still on the road.

Don't sweat it. Start killing them in OT, due to the late calls, and the brass will come down on the Sgt, which in turn will send someone else or wait for the next shift to 'red tag that s-11 :wink:

08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
On top of that FHP blackballs anyone that talks about getting a new job or is actively trying to do so. They label you as disgruntled, lazy, a slug, or all the above.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have first hand experience of this. Before I left FHP they said all of these things. They (brass) also started a bunch of false rumors.

08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

:shock: YOU KNEW when you took the job that you were to work AS NEEDED by the State for the publics' safety and PROTECTION. IF you want to be called, paid, and treated as a "professional" (which most of the whiners on this site claim), then you have to work irregular hours, OT when needed, and be held accountable.

IF you wanted to work "9-5" you should not have applied for a position in "PUBLIC SAFETY!"

:cop: DO THE JOB, invest in yourself with more training and education, get promoted, contribute to the solutions, and try to "make a difference." :idea:

08-15-2008, 01:57 PM

so what ... if if you get good job performance you ain't getting a raise thats for sure :snicker: :snicker:

08-15-2008, 03:01 PM

:shock: YOU KNEW when you took the job that you were to work AS NEEDED by the State for the publics' safety and PROTECTION. IF you want to be called, paid, and treated as a "professional" (which most of the whiners on this site claim), then you have to work irregular hours, OT when needed, and be held accountable.

IF you wanted to work "9-5" you should not have applied for a position in "PUBLIC SAFETY!"

:cop: DO THE JOB, invest in yourself with more training and education, get promoted, contribute to the solutions, and try to "make a difference." :idea:

YA! get promoted to the rank of Captain (while road deputies and road officers in other agencies are making more than you :oops: )
OR else make a difference like many of us have and LEAVE THE FHP so that someone else can have your job, get the needed training, and leave to another agency as well :wink:

08-15-2008, 03:32 PM
The most of you current Troopers leave, the easier and quicker I can get hired with FHP, 117th here I come!!! :devil:

08-15-2008, 07:30 PM
The most of you current Troopers leave, the easier and quicker I can get hired with FHP, 117th here I come!!! :devil:

:( You might want to take an English composition class prior to sending in your application to FHP. As desperate as we are for Troopers, we need to have people who can write correctly.

I suspect you were trying to say:

"The MORE of you current Troopers THAT leave, the easier and quicker I MAY get hired BY FHP. One hundred and seventeenth, here I come."

Wow, you only wrote one (1) sentence, but it had three (3) grammatical errors. I can't wait to read your application! :x

08-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Here comes another recruit with his GED straight out of MC'donalds. Oh don't forget the two arrest he's got on his record as an adult as well.

08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Yo Yo Yo biiiiatches. My homie got an illegal glock he lets me shot. Da thing is badas#! I sent an app to Jax PD but those bit#ches said No cuz I got a rap sheet. FHP said it was cool tho dawg. I got a GED and I box so I am gonna be a bada#s trooper in class 1-1-7 homey! :cop:

08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Yo Yo Yo biiiiatches. My homie got an illegal glock he lets me shot. Da thing is badas#! I sent an app to Jax PD but those bit#ches said No cuz I got a rap sheet. FHP said it was cool tho dawg. I got a GED and I box so I am gonna be a bada#s trooper in class 1-1-7 homey! :cop:

what up g, aight den boo, i see u there cuz, second week of Jizz-anuary, fo sho? one love

08-15-2008, 09:33 PM

what up g, aight den boo, i see u there cuz, second week of Jizz-anuary, fo sho? one love

Yooo is that Y-DAWG? What up girl! :snicker:

08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
You all need to go read the post "To The Brass and Supervisors" and start sending e-mails to our state senator. The list of all their e-mails is posted there, just copy and paste, then send every week!! BE POSITIVE AND TRUTHFULL, BUT NOT NASTY!! The squeeky wheel gets the oil.

08-16-2008, 12:44 AM
You all need to go read the post "To The Brass and Supervisors" and start sending e-mails to our state senator. The list of all their e-mails is posted there, just copy and paste, then send every week!! BE POSITIVE AND TRUTHFULL, BUT NOT NASTY!! The squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Amen to that RZR. Maybe we can start a FRESH thread with that info. :wink:

08-16-2008, 06:10 AM

So we can just be pissed on by FHP and the state, given crap training and crap equipment, and yet we should just keep our mouths closed? You are living in dream world. I was not told ANY of the BS about FHP prior to being hired. If so do you think I would have taken the job? Now, I have no choice but to leave.

I dont even know what this line means.....IF you want to be called, paid, and treated as a "professional" (which most of the whiners on this site claim), then you have to work irregular hours, OT when needed, and be held accountable.

We all work irregular hours, OT, and are held way past accountable and yet we are paid in peanuts and treated like crap. Treating your employees as professionals entails more than giving them a 2% pay raise a year.

08-16-2008, 06:12 AM

So we can just be pissed on by FHP and the state, given crap training and crap equipment, and yet we should just keep our mouths closed? You are living in dream world. I was not told ANY of the BS about FHP prior to being hired. If so do you think I would have taken the job? Now, I have no choice but to leave.

I dont even know what this line means.....IF you want to be called, paid, and treated as a "professional" (which most of the whiners on this site claim), then you have to work irregular hours, OT when needed, and be held accountable.

We all work irregular hours, OT, and are held way past accountable and yet we are paid in peanuts and treated like crap. Treating your employees as professionals entails more than giving them a 2% pay raise a year. Of course FHP's line is, "we can't do anything about the pay", which is complete BS.

08-16-2008, 06:13 AM

We all work irregular hours, OT, and are held way past accountable and yet we are paid in peanuts and treated like crap. Treating your employees as professionals entails more than giving them a 2% pay raise a year. Of course FHP's line is, "we can't do anything about the pay", which is complete BS.

08-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Please leave, we are tired of your whining (crap). So what can FHP do about the pay. Give us some suggestions. Really from your attitude, I don't know who would hire you.

08-16-2008, 07:22 AM

Please leave, we are tired of your whining (crap). So what can FHP do about the pay. Give us some suggestions. Really from your attitude, I don't know who would hire you.

You are right. The fact that FHP has the lowest paid state troopers in the country is no reason to gripe at all. On top of that we have leaders that thank the state for giving us nothing. If you truly have to ask what FHP can do about the pay, then you are clueless. GHQ can go before the legislature and explain the critical state of FHP instead of asking for more money and then simply running away with their tail between their legs. Remember Grimming? That guy stood up and took crap from no one and he was respected for it. Now FHP just has a bunch of yes men in charge that NEVER stir any trouble because they are afraid.

The problem with FHP is clueless individuals like yourself. You dont know what it takes to run a real LE department, provide for the workers, and protect the public. You are the kind of person that allows everyone to walk all over you and yet you never say a word. Why do you think FHP is in the sewer? Do you think we are losing over 100 people a year to other agencies because this is a great place to work? Open your eyes and look around. Things need to change for the good of those who work here and for the public. You may enjoy seeing the spare patrol cars pile up outside your station, be one of three troopers 10-8 for the shift because everyone else has quit, or not be able to afford a house, but others are not. Sure, everyone can just leave and get other jobs, or you can stand up and fight for what is right. What is going on at FHP now it not right and it is the responsiblity of every trooper to try and fix it.

08-16-2008, 03:57 PM

You are right. The fact that FHP has the lowest paid state troopers in the country is no reason to gripe at all. On top of that we have leaders that thank the state for giving us nothing. If you truly have to ask what FHP can do about the pay, then you are clueless. GHQ can go before the legislature and explain the critical state of FHP instead of asking for more money and then simply running away with their tail between their legs. Remember Grimming? That guy stood up and took crap from no one and he was respected for it. Now FHP just has a bunch of yes men in charge that NEVER stir any trouble because they are afraid.

The problem with FHP is clueless individuals like yourself. You dont know what it takes to run a real LE department, provide for the workers, and protect the public. You are the kind of person that allows everyone to walk all over you and yet you never say a word. Why do you think FHP is in the sewer? Do you think we are losing over 100 people a year to other agencies because this is a great place to work? Open your eyes and look around. Things need to change for the good of those who work here and for the public. You may enjoy seeing the spare patrol cars pile up outside your station, be one of three troopers 10-8 for the shift because everyone else has quit, or not be able to afford a house, but others are not. Sure, everyone can just leave and get other jobs, or you can stand up and fight for what is right. What is going on at FHP now it not right and it is the responsiblity of every trooper to try and fix it.

O.K., I ask again, what is the answer to fix it. And by the way, FHP has gone before the Legislature and explained to them every year our problems. And every year they pass us by. Also, we can not strike, it is in our contract. Please provide some solutions to the problems. I have yet to hear any viable options.....

08-16-2008, 05:30 PM
[quote="Guest":25554kcc]In Tampa they are dispatching troopers to calls at 10 minuties until 10-42 time even if the call is 20 miles away. There is no promise you will get relief either. So basically you never know what time you will be getting home at. They have people constantly going home earlier to offset their OT which only makes it harder on those still on the road.

So we can just be pissed on by FHP and the state, given crap training and crap equipment, and yet we should just keep our mouths closed? You are living in dream world. I was not told ANY of the BS about FHP prior to being hired. If so do you think I would have taken the job? Now, I have no choice but to leave. We can't strike per se, but the brass sure as hell do not need to require that we write 5 tickets an hour, work a detail everyday, work horrible rotating shifts, clear crashes after 30 mins, or be dispatch to crashes 30 miles away 10 minutes before the end of our shift. FHP is demanding more from troopers now than they did 5-10 years ago. They need to be a little more sympathic towards troopers and realized just how miserable most are throughout the state. Some of you in the more rural areas really have no clue what FHP is like in the larger metro areas. It is a whole different world, trust me!

O.K., I ask again, what is the answer to fix it. And by the way, FHP has gone before the Legislature and explained to them every year our problems. And every year they pass us by. Also, we can not strike, it is in our contract. Please provide some solutions to the problems. I have yet to hear any viable options.....[/quote:25554kcc]

Sure they go before the legislature and ask, but that is barely enough. I can ask for something, get denied, and then run away like GHQ does in our situation, but where is that getting us? No where! The members of GHQ need to be in the media explaining our problems, demanding the legislators take action, and call out the needless spending by the state when we have real issues at hand. They do none of that! Instead they say thank you so much for the 5% and tell troopers to shut their mouths and go write some tickets.

08-16-2008, 07:42 PM
[quote="Guest":2o7em5uu][quote="Guest":2o7em5uu]In Tampa they are dispatching troopers to calls at 10 minuties until 10-42 time even if the call is 20 miles away. There is no promise you will get relief either. So basically you never know what time you will be getting home at. They have people constantly going home earlier to offset their OT which only makes it harder on those still on the road.

So we can just be pissed on by FHP and the state, given crap training and crap equipment, and yet we should just keep our mouths closed? You are living in dream world. I was not told ANY of the BS about FHP prior to being hired. If so do you think I would have taken the job? Now, I have no choice but to leave. We can't strike per se, but the brass sure as hell do not need to require that we write 5 tickets an hour, work a detail everyday, work horrible rotating shifts, clear crashes after 30 mins, or be dispatch to crashes 30 miles away 10 minutes before the end of our shift. FHP is demanding more from troopers now than they did 5-10 years ago. They need to be a little more sympathic towards troopers and realized just how miserable most are throughout the state. Some of you in the more rural areas really have no clue what FHP is like in the larger metro areas. It is a whole different world, trust me!

O.K., I ask again, what is the answer to fix it. And by the way, FHP has gone before the Legislature and explained to them every year our problems. And every year they pass us by. Also, we can not strike, it is in our contract. Please provide some solutions to the problems. I have yet to hear any viable options.....[/quote:2o7em5uu]

Sure they go before the legislature and ask, but that is barely enough. I can ask for something, get denied, and then run away like GHQ does in our situation, but where is that getting us? No where! The members of GHQ need to be in the media explaining our problems, demanding the legislators take action, and call out the needless spending by the state when we have real issues at hand. They do none of that! Instead they say thank you so much for the 5% and tell troopers to shut their mouths and go write some tickets.[/quote:2o7em5uu]

:idea: Your frustration is real, but it needs to be directed to where it may cause changes. Troopers need to work on the cause of the problem, not the symptoms.
Perhaps if the UNION acted from a position of strength and encouraged all Troopers to "go by the letter of policies" that might cause the legislature to help. For example, not accepting any new 10-65's until the last assignment was fully 10-98. I am remembering how pilots used to fly by the letter of the policy manual--it slowed down the system enough in the name of safety to cause their concerns to be listened to by management. You get the picture, I'm sure! BUT IT MUST BE DONE BY EVERYONE TO PREVENT INDIVIDUALS FROM BEING SINGLED OUT. Well, just a thought. 8)

08-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Fort Laud PD starting pay is over 47k!

08-16-2008, 10:04 PM

The Brass wants more activity...FINE GIVE EM 20 WARNINGS. If they give you a hard time call the PBA.