PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to FHP?????

08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I know I am about to get stormed with negative response, but can someone give me good information I won't hear from one of your recruiters.

I am a LEO with the State and am interested in coming over to the Patrol. What is the hiring process like and what do you have to do once hired (do you have to go to Tally for a while).

How soon can you work SOAR and OT and other stuff. Just curious.

Any information would be great.

08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I know I am about to get stormed with negative response, but can someone give me good information I won't hear from one of your recruiters.

I am a LEO with the State and am interested in coming over to the Patrol. What is the hiring process like and what do you have to do once hired (do you have to go to Tally for a while).

Ya you have to go to Tally to the academy

Hiring process is standard. You gotta take the poly and go through the motions. Not a big deal if you are already certified. Good luck.

08-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Ya you have to go to Tally to the academy

Hiring process is standard. You gotta take the poly and go through the motions. Not a big deal if you are already certified. Good luck.

Thanks,

How long do you have to go to Tallahassee once hired. Are you considered a recruit or is it different for a hired class????

How long is FTO??

PoorCop
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
You attend PTLEA for the Transition Academy, I am not FHP so I am not sure if I am right, but I believe it is 8-9 weeks. Long enough to familiarize you with FHP P&P, Computer programs, and such. I believe you recieve the full pay and do not start at the -10%. I can say almost certainly that I dont think they are hiring for North Florida, as I applied passed CJBAT and PAT with no other word. The only thing I think that has held me up is that I am kinda confined to working no farther South than Gainesville, because if I have to sell my house why would I stay in Florida?? I am not super excited with traffic, but the 5% made me give it a whirl, and no matter where we work our jobs are what me make of it. Good Luck with your endevor and have fun.

08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
You attend PTLEA for the Transition Academy, I am not FHP so I am not sure if I am right, but I believe it is 8-9 weeks. Long enough to familiarize you with FHP P&P, Computer programs, and such. I believe you recieve the full pay and do not start at the -10%. I can say almost certainly that I dont think they are hiring for North Florida, as I applied passed CJBAT and PAT with no other word. The only thing I think that has held me up is that I am kinda confined to working no farther South than Gainesville, because if I have to sell my house why would I stay in Florida?? I am not super excited with traffic, but the 5% made me give it a whirl, and no matter where we work our jobs are what me make of it. Good Luck with your endevor and have fun.

Thanks for the info, I too am area locked. I will not move because of the housing problems, but after talking with some of the Troopers I work with, they say FHP is hurting all over the state. Not sure, but I tend to believe them. I am up in the Jax area. Just curious what you have to do during crossover if you are already certified or is it policies and procedures for FHP.

Any Troopers on here been through this process?????

Thanks

08-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the info, I too am area locked. I will not move because of the housing problems, but after talking with some of the Troopers I work with, they say FHP is hurting all over the state. Not sure, but I tend to believe them. I am up in the Jax area. Just curious what you have to do during crossover if you are already certified or is it policies and procedures for FHP.

Any Troopers on here been through this process?????

Thanks

As much as we are hurting all over the state, the desperate areas are Miami, Orlando, and Tampa. So be prepared to move. Jacksonville will be a dream as there are a few trying to get up there on the transfer list already. If you are certified you'll attend the 8 week Transition Class which will be policies/procedures and additional radar/traffic enforcement training.

Carefully think this through.

Good Luck.

08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I believe that you will probably have a good chance at staying in northeast as you are prior certified with experience. It happens all the time. Being prior certified with experience you will know where you will be stationed prior to accepting the academy so there will be no mystery.

08-15-2008, 01:15 AM
I believe that you will probably have a good chance at staying in northeast as you are prior certified with experience. It happens all the time. Being prior certified with experience you will know where you will be stationed prior to accepting the academy so there will be no mystery.

yup no mystery!

08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks all for the input. I will have to decide if I want to make the switch. I enjoy traffic enforcement, and now seems like the time to move to FHP. Just have to decide if it is the right time with the cutbacks happening around the state.

Thanks again for the information.

08-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks all for the input. I will have to decide if I want to make the switch. I enjoy traffic enforcement, and now seems like the time to move to FHP. Just have to decide if it is the right time with the cutbacks happening around the state.

Thanks again for the information.

good luck. we are hurting for manpower. we can use good men and women.