PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Process

08-14-2008, 02:28 AM
I went to the DEP website but there was not a ton of info. Can anyone please list the application process as well as the location policy. I am now in Miami and would prefer to stay in the area. Thanks!

08-16-2008, 05:56 AM
DEP posts all openings on https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm. Just go to the left side of the screen and click on Job Seekers. You can even sign up for e-mail alerts and you will be notified when an opening comes up in you area. Good Luck.

08-16-2008, 08:08 PM
DEP posts all openings on https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm. Just go to the left side of the screen and click on Job Seekers. You can even sign up for e-mail alerts and you will be notified when an opening comes up in you area. Good Luck.

Thanks!

Any add'l info would be appreciated. Is there a poly, psych?

08-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Not sure about new hiring practices. I know that polygraph and Psych were discussed. I will leave it at "you must have the ability to pass a polygraph and psych if administered." Sorry to be vague, but a lot is changing here at DEP and it is all for the better, except pay.

08-20-2008, 11:19 AM

Thanks!

You have to go to Tallahassee to do a POST test (Police Officers Standards Test or something like that - tests basic adult education) and then you have a sit down interview with OPET (Long string of questions about you and your past). Then you have to do a physical fitness test at Pat Thomas, then you get your background done, then a mediacal (includes eyes and hearing), then I believe you wait. They are not currenlty doing psych evals or polys, but doesn't mean they won't because as stated earlier, they can still make you do it if they find questionable stuff in your background that you didn't list.

Good luck.

08-22-2008, 02:03 AM

Thanks!

You have to go to Tallahassee to do a POST test (Police Officers Standards Test or something like that - tests basic adult education) and then you have a sit down interview with OPET (Long string of questions about you and your past). Then you have to do a physical fitness test at Pat Thomas, then you get your background done, then a mediacal (includes eyes and hearing), then I believe you wait. They are not currenlty doing psych evals or polys, but doesn't mean they won't because as stated earlier, they can still make you do it if they find questionable stuff in your background that you didn't list.

Good luck.

Thanks! Can you choose your duty location?

08-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Duty assignment is based on availability. The vacancy announcement on MyFlorida.com will specify the locations that are available at that time. Being flexible will help your chances of getting hired.

08-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Duty assignment is based on availability. The vacancy announcement on MyFlorida.com will specify the locations that are available at that time. Being flexible will help your chances of getting hired.
cool thanks. I can't move now because the real estate market is a mess.

08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
no avail jobs for DEP police listed on myflorida.com :cry:

08-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Call our Training Center at (850) 245-2886. They can tell you about any vacancies we have.

08-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Call our Training Center at (850) 245-2886. They can tell you about any vacancies we have.

Thank you !!

08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
So this leads me to believe that DEP will/can hire Law Enforcement Officers at the present time if all requriements are passed and a position is open.Even with the current state of the budget in florida.Just a question about the times we are now in.Thanks

09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Why would you want to work for such a crapy department? There are many more out there that pay better and you can do police work. The majority of the people that work for D.E.P. dont know what they are doing.

09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Is realcop the cat killer or plywood? Go back to Walmart!

09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Another idiot that knows the truth. Nobody knows you people exist.

09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
D.E.P Brass at it again, couldn't fire female Captain for BS complaints. Now they fired pregnant female. I thought this agency was trying to reduce the budget crisis, but now I see that will never happen. I hope the state of Florida is ready for the battle to come. I see we have individueles that don't know how to make decisions and are willing to do anything to save their arses. I started looking for a new job, because the department will begin layoffs soon. You should all do the same. Col. were you left in the dark on this, (WOW).

Sincearly,

C :twisted: oncerned officer....

09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Another idiot that knows the truth. Nobody knows you people exist.

Realcop, what department do you work for and what do you do? Details, please.

09-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Realcop must work security at Walmart since he seemed to be offended by the previous post.

09-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Thanks!

Good luck.

Is there math on this POST test? haven't done math in a long time

10-03-2008, 04:53 AM

Thanks!

Good luck.

No only Idiots wanted, plus they don't want you to know math so you can't figure out sh-t . Seem's that cry babies and washouts are there specialty. Back woods department, seems like after they broke off from FMP they crawled into a hole till now. so don't worry, no brain's no problem, FTO a breeze, you'll be trainied by Zero's and learn to do nothing.

:devil:

10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
[quote="DEP 5o":ikte35jj]DEP posts all openings on https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm. Just go to the left side of the screen and click on Job Seekers. You can even sign up for e-mail alerts and you will be notified when an opening comes up in you area. Good Luck.

Thanks!

Good luck.

No only Idiots wanted, plus they don't want you to know math so you can't figure out sh-t . Seem's that cry babies and washouts are there specialty. Back woods department, seems like after they broke off from FMP they crawled into a hole till now. so don't worry, no brain's no problem, FTO a breeze, you'll be trainied by Zero's and learn to do nothing.

:devil:[/quote:ikte35jj]

LOL! How are you going to come on here and start calling other people idiots while using grammar like that? Last time I checked, "Seems," "Zeros," and "Brains" were not contractions that needed an apostrophe. Also, you should consider learning the proper usage of "their" as opposed to "there." I would love to have you working for me. I would need a whole box of red pens for your reports. Somehow I'm the idiot? (Observe correct usage of an apostrophe in a contraction) :snicker:

10-15-2008, 02:45 AM
[quote=Guest][quote="DEP 5o":2el94qd4]DEP posts all openings on https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm. Just go to the left side of the screen and click on Job Seekers. You can even sign up for e-mail alerts and you will be notified when an opening comes up in you area. Good Luck.

Thanks!

Good luck.

:devil:[/quote:2el94qd4]

LOL! How are you going to come on here and start calling other people idiots while using grammar like that? Last time I checked, "Seems," "Zeros," and "Brains" were not contractions that needed an apostrophe. Also, you should consider learning the proper usage of "their" as opposed to "there." I would love to have you working for me. I would need a whole box of red pens for your reports. Somehow I'm the idiot? (Observe correct usage of an apostrophe in a contraction) :snicker:[/quote:2el94qd4]

Good points. That Teenager is a retard! :snicker: