PDA

View Full Version : FHP Transfer Request

08-12-2008, 04:41 AM
How do FHP transfer work? Every quarter, every 6 months, once a year???

Are they allowing guys from Miami, Orlando, Tampa transfer to smaller/rural areas or are they being told no because of the shortage of Troopers?

I'm in Miami. The reason I ask is I'm almost done with the application process (my BI is finishing my file this week) and I'm sure I'll be assigned to Miami out of the Academy. However, what if after 1 year I would like to transfer to either Venice or Sarasota...what are my chances of the happening?

Thanks you guys/gals. Hope things turn around soon for you all.

God bless.

-Jorge

08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
How do FHP transfer work? Every quarter, every 6 months, once a year???

Are they allowing guys from Miami, Orlando, Tampa transfer to smaller/rural areas or are they being told no because of the shortage of Troopers?

I'm in Miami. The reason I ask is I'm almost done with the application process (my BI is finishing my file this week) and I'm sure I'll be assigned to Miami out of the Academy. However, what if after 1 year I would like to transfer to either Venice or Sarasota...what are my chances of the happening?

Thanks you guys/gals. Hope things turn around soon for you all.

God bless.

Hi Jorge:
Yes you will be eligible for transfer after one year. There is no method to when transfers occur. Usually before a class graduates they do transfers. However, they are not having as many classes, maybe two next year. So really, transfers could come at different times. You will usually be able to go if there are openings in the county you want to go to. If there are no openings they will keep it on file for one year and you must submit a new request each year. I only waited one year but I wanted to go to Miami. Good luck!!!

-Jorge