PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about something thats REALLY wrong

08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Like closing the Fanning Springs Office and moving one position to the Puzzle Palace. Like they need another person in that office to do nothing. This was the one person that worked hard for us and deserved much more that the shaft that she got. I agree that it didn't make much sense for the office to be way off down there, but they could have done more to help the one whose position they needed in Tallahassee. "Don't worry, we'll take care of you". I guess taking care of someone means something else in tally-speak?

08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
DOF closed the youth academy in LEVY County this year and laid off a bunch. Offered jobs to some for vacant positions around the state. Did they lay her off? Was her position reassigned? Did she turn it down? Whats the whole story?

08-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh poor Tommy, you know the chief degroff berry needs that job in her office more than in fanning NOT! Anyway the major Bryen never liked her anyway. The puzzle palace is still going strong :devil:

08-13-2008, 01:37 AM
You can't manage a state agency based on the needs of one person. When positions are moved, the employee must be willing. If you stay here long enough, you may also have to make that call.

08-13-2008, 11:32 AM
You can't manage a state agency based on the needs of one person. When positions are moved, the employee must be willing. If you stay here long enough, you may also have to make that call.

That is a load of crap straight out of Tally. They move positions all the time based on the needs of one person. Why do you think the Fanning Office even existed? What about the offices at the Farmers Market? There have been numerous times that they have moved investigations offices to suit one person. Why do you think training was moved from Lake City to Tally? To make it easier for one person. Go blow that smoke else where.

08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Crap happens.
You have to deal with it and move on.

Why waste time complaining about it?

08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah CRAP does happen and I hope that you and the ones that made that decision to move her job may be the next ones that gets CRAPPED ON!!!!!

What if it were you OR a family member or close friend of yours???

What about her feelings ?? I'm sure she feels CRAPPED ON alright -
As tommy tomato mentioned in his post - some TOP HIGHER UP individuals PROMISED to help her - told her NOT to worry - they would help her -

It just goes to prove in this sitiuation that ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

She was one of the BEST workers that Aglaw had and in the long RUN THEY will be the ones that will be at a lost for a dedicated, loyal employee.

Anytime I called the Fanning office she was always plesant and cheerful and always WILLING to help OR get me help.

I'm sure that I can speak for many many others with this department when I say that she will be GREATLY missed.

08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I for one have received a letter from personnel notifying me that my position was being moved. I was given a date to report and was told to reply if I no longer desired the position. I bit the bullet and my family and I reluctantly made the move. That was a long time ago under a past commissioners leadership and was not related to a disciplinary action. I was told it was for the good of the agency. If this is in fact what happened, it wouldn't be the first time.

This thread makes it appear that someone was terminated. Were they?

No one has really stated the facts here. Does anyone really know what happened or do you base your replies on hearsay and gossip as most of these topics contain?

08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I spoke with her last week and she said that the move had been planned for a while, BUT for the past few years every chance she got to speak to a higher up in tallahassee they always informed her that she had NO need to worry, that she would be taken care of and that they would find her something within the department or with another state agency - at one point she was advised that "Nothing was written in rock (stone)" and that they were not gonna close that office and leave anyone there without a job. She started crying becuase she was soo dang HURT by some of the people in Tallahassee that she thought she was really close to, she was there way before they ever were. She has been there over 13 years and has NEVER gotten wrote up for any type of disciplen and she always received HIGH evaluations. She said she was not contacted by anyone in the Tally office about when her last day was..Which upset her also!!!!. She received a letter from personel stating that her position was being moved and the Fanning office was closing and that she could either move with it or resign effective August 31.
Really WRONG you say????? YES I AGREE IT IS!!!! the good ole "POLITICS at work for ya"!!!!!

08-14-2008, 01:26 AM

This agency has been run for the past several years based on the WANTS of certain people. This is nothing new. Another person is NEEDED in the Puzzle Palace like an eskimo needs a refridgerator. If you'd been here very long that would have already be abundantly clear. It is ashamed to lose someone who gave so much to this Department. She deserves better. But this has become so typical of the current administration. If the public knew of how much many tax dollars had flowes through the Palace in the past few years they would be P$%#^&!

08-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Sit down here and let me tell you about the big picture. I'm leaving soon so don't listen to what people are telling you about what will happen after I'm gone. Be sure to document conversations and keep a record of who you talked to, what was promised, and when it was said. If you can, get them to write you a memo and keep two copies for later reference.

Be sure to read up on personnel rules about reassignments and vacancies. Take note of the section that addresses filling of vacant positions by current career service employees. If you think you might need to apply for a vacant position within the agency, never resign before first attempting to fill any vacant position in your area. This will maintain your participation in the FRS and allow you to bring home a check every two weeks. Don't just take what ever comes along, you might have to move away from Mayberry and learn a second language or have to navigate the the isles of a store that doesn't have WAL-MART on the front. Now don't forget to do all this and get yourself out on that limb cause it might break. Remember I want be there to catch you anymore.

08-14-2008, 03:08 AM
What good would that do??
Make notes and memos???
Can't fight the good ole hunting buddies - political system....
Polices don't apply to them.

08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
"section that addresses filling of vacant positions by current career service employees. If you think you might need to apply for a vacant position within the agency, never resign before first attempting to fill any vacant position in your area. This will maintain your participation in the FRS and allow you to bring home a check every two weeks"

State Employees get paid ONCE A MONTH.

Who are you again????

08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't know who you work for but my state check hits the bank every two weeks.

Who did you say you were again???????

08-22-2008, 02:43 PM
You guys act like this is all new, I seem to remember a young man who did his very best to advertise and fill our vacancies, he was very helpful and the absolute nicest person you would ever want to meet, he had been doing the job for years then all of a sudden he did not BOW AND SCRAPE hard enough when a certain female Captain (promoted way beyond her ability) wanted something and low and behold HE WAS CANNED.....................at least from AgLaw but he is still in the Department and no offense to the person who replaced him but that JUST WAS'NT RIGHT.

RoadGuard for life, and my Lawyer is bigger than your lawyer so if you mess with me you better get you check book out Admin.

08-23-2008, 06:25 AM
You guys act like this is all new, I seem to remember a young man who did his very best to advertise and fill our vacancies, he was very helpful and the absolute nicest person you would ever want to meet, he had been doing the job for years then all of a sudden he did not BOW AND SCRAPE hard enough when a certain female Captain (promoted way beyond her ability) wanted something and low and behold HE WAS CANNED.....................at least from AgLaw but he is still in the Department and no offense to the person who replaced him but that JUST WAS'NT RIGHT.

RoadGuard for life, and my Lawyer is bigger than your lawyer so if you mess with me you better get you check book out Admin.

It seems that since your agency got top heavy (meaning more chiefs than braves) the respect for your chiefs and above has vanished. They are weeding out the dedicated loyal hard workers to please certain favorites in thier main office in Tallahassee. MAKING POSITIONS for friends, family members and hunting buddies. The fact that your department has been accreditated is somewhat a joke it cost your department alot of money to get there and its gonna continue to cost your department piles of money to stay that way.. Aglaw operated just FINE for many, many years without that recognition... and believe me thats ALL IT IS.... recognition. How many jobs have been created for Accreditation and how many millons of dollars has it cost the department?? Money that could have been spent else where that it was needed more.. a bonus to all the employees for the last few years could have been a good way to spend all them millions... Be patient I say.... and sit back and watch your department have many, many problems in the years to come...

08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Guest - you hit at least one nail on the head with your posting. The " cred " created at least one highly paid worthless position when they made a Capt. now a Major slot for the person who would work on it, and low and behold enter WonderWoman whose sole job in life was to get the agency ready. While on the path to get the " cred " she began to get the itch to move on to greener pastures and made this known, and what did the brain trust in Tally do, poof made her a Major to give more money in order to keep her so they would not have to pick up the pieces or start over. What a bunch of hog droppings.

Bottom line is they (admin) dont worry about the ramps or the little people, it is a " I got mine, why worry " syndrom at its best. No one wonders why the turnover is one of the highest in law enforcement in Fla............

RoadGuard cause it's all I know.

08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey Roadguard, did you get passed over for promotion again, or were you demoted (more likely) the brass that are in Tallahassee have done more in a few short years than your favorite managers (civilian) did in all of theirs. They aint perfect, but we were a joke before they came. Since you enjoy being referred to as a roadguard, why don't you go someplace else. I agree the agency has problems like all do, but go find the perfect one and I will go with you. As for the woman in Fanning, she was warned for two years that it would be closed. She met with the brass who tried to find a home for her (which she turned down) many times. The Colonel was the one who made a promise he couldn't keep as usual. All you have to to do is ask the right people and you would get the truth roadguard.

08-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Roadguard, did you get passed over for promotion again, or were you demoted (more likely) the brass that are in Tallahassee have done more in a few short years than your favorite managers (civilian) did in all of theirs. They aint perfect, but we were a joke before they came. Since you enjoy being referred to as a roadguard, why don't you go someplace else. I agree the agency has problems like all do, but go find the perfect one and I will go with you. As for the woman in Fanning, she was warned for two years that it would be closed. She met with the brass who tried to find a home for her (which she turned down) many times. The Colonel was the one who made a promise he couldn't keep as usual. All you have to to do is ask the right people and you would get the truth roadguard.

Uhhh, Q-Beam which if I understand it correctly is a type of flashlight, I have never been passed over for promotion, matter of fact I took the last promotion I was selected for, I have never been demoted. As to the brass in T-town they have not really done much besides collect a check and wrangle for position. It has also been a revolving door there over the years and will really change when the Commish changes.

As to referring to myself as a RoadGuard, I have been here a long time , and honor our historical past by my choice of name not my mental state, we are an evolving agency have been for years and will be for years to come, but when it all gets to it our core function has been unchanged since we began as Road Guards.

As to a perfect place that will have to wait until after I pass from this life, or at least that is the way I have been taught all these Sundays at church, you should try it some time.

I will end with I was here when you came and I will be here to see you leave, of that I have no doubt.

RoadGuard till I die, even if you don't like it......................................... :lol:

08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you Jesus

08-26-2008, 05:01 PM

I am a very close friend of "the woman in Fanning" and when I read your post about her, I called her personally and asked her if what you metioned was true. She agreed that she had known about the position being moved.. but that BRASS NEVER OFFERED HER A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! SO Q-BEAM get your FACTS straight before you post something like that!!!!! THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!!!! She has been asked numerous of times over the years to move to tallahassee but has never been offered a place to stay by any one in brass, she did say that 2 friends of hers in Tallahaasee offered her a place to stay ...but they sure were not anyone in brass. Also she said she had mentioned to the Major and Lt Colonel and a few others .. more than once that she would consider working there if she could work 4 - 10 hour days or letting her stay in Fanning as a floater for 2 more years to be close to home untill her youngest son (which is a Jr in high school now) graduated, then she would consider staying in Tallahassee during the week. She said she NEVER spoke to the Colonel personally about her job only the ones in Tallahassee below him that SHE THOUGHT were close friends and that she believed would protect her.. She is very hurt by all this. Apparently Mr. Q-beam you don't know her very well OR you would have never posted that or even BELIEVED any of it... She is an upstanding citizen in her community and is highly respected. Ag law is the one that is loosing out but letting such a wonderful person go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh great friend of one in Fanning, you are full of manure as is she. The Colonel told me he would get her a position in DOF, she was warned for over two years that the job was obsolete. She was set up for interviews which she stated she didnt want. All you need to do is call the Major in Tally or Pittman if you really want the truth. But if you got the truth it would mess up your little rumor mongering...Shut up

08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I do know the lady in Fanning and I must say that she has not been treated fairly, I know her "official" notification came in the form of a form letter I seen the UPS man bring it, I would hope if I every was given the choice she was handed I would at least be afforded a visit from someone in upper managment (its not like we dont have a few).

08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh great friend of one in Fanning, you are full of manure as is she. The Colonel told me he would get her a position in DOF, she was warned for over two years that the job was obsolete. She was set up for interviews which she stated she didnt want. All you need to do is call the Major in Tally or Pittman if you really want the truth. But if you got the truth it would mess up your little rumor mongering...Shut up[color=#00BF00]

Observer 1 -
As is readily apparent you have NO IDEA what you are writing in your comments above -
The only thing that you stated that has any partiel truth to it is that she knew the job was being moved...to Tallahassee for accreditation...
Thats right being moved - NOT OBSOLETE as you say you have been informed -
so see ... you have been misinformed ... And I know for a FACT that she was never offered an interview with DOF and the Colonel never promised her that - PLUS - they have had a freeze on their jobs for a long time now. - I have worked in Tallahassee long enough to know all the BS that goes on up here.... many people have fallen victums and unfortunately - she is one of them.

Why did she get her letter sent to her via ups as stated in above comment.... why didnt the Major, Lt Colonel or Colonel meet with her instead of doing her that way?? She has always been a loyal dedicated employee and she has been with the department longer than any of the brass in tallahassee.

I must say that you did not know her at all... becuase if you did.. you would have never said she was full of manure.

She is a very kind, loving, good hearted chrisitan lady and YOU, ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS THAT DID HER WRONG SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES.

THE WAY i SEE IT .. SHE IS THE LUCKY ONE TO BE GETTING AWAY FROM ALL THE BS IN THE PUZZLE PALACE.

GOD WILL TRULY BLESS HER WITH A BETTER FUTURE...

08-26-2008, 11:58 PM
You are wroung, Chief Berry wanted to help her but it did not work out. The colonel has made to many promises he cant keep.

08-27-2008, 01:50 AM
I know her also and have worked with her ever since she started with the department... She is a wonderful, inteligent Christian lady..
Ag Law is at a lost for letting this young lady slip thru their hands...

I encourage all you fellow employees/friends of her to post positive things here on her behalf...
**ATTN MODERATOR** You know her too.... lets hear it for her.....

Ms. Fisher ----- YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!1