PDA

View Full Version : question for VPD

08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
without getting a restraining order, is it ever possible to request neighborhood surveillance, just to make sure no property damage is done (has been done in the past and is said to probably be done again)?

08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
ok, since everyone reads this and doesnt answer, maybe i can reword it to get a response...

if i am worried that someone may be trying to destroy my property (house, vehicle, etc)... can i request someone from VPD to be present in the neighborhood, do you guys do that?

please let me know...
i dont want to wake up one day to all my belongings being smashed to pieces... i dont even want them to begin getting destroyed

08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Unfortunately, we are unable to post an Officer exclusively at your house or even in your neighborhood. Staffing restraints and calls for service simply won't allow it. You could always call the police department and make a "patrol request", which notifies the Officers in your area of the situation and lets them know to keep an extra eye on your house. You could also set up a camera and hopefully catch the guy in the act. I understand that you would like to prevent this person from doing anymore damage, but it is my experience that when someone is committed to doing a certain crime, they will usually succed. We simply can't be everywhere at once or at one location all the time.

08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
well thank you for responding... i was just hoping that maybe the person could get caught if something happens instead of having a new situation where someone is mad at someone else for calling the police on them... even if that person is in the wrong and someone calls LE, it may escalate the whole ordeal... i just dont want to worry anymore...

08-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Please let translate the last post from “VPD”.
We would really like to help you but we’re really short staffed because we keep getting fired for little to no good reason and the remaining officers are too busy trying to maintain their productivity standards (didn’t say quota) to keep from getting fired.
So the next time you get a ticket just remember, you’re helping a VPD officer keep his/her job. Oh yeah, really sorry to hear about your car. Wish we could help.

08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
thanks "thought youd wanna know" for making it clear... i understand that you guys have been short staffed, i have been around venice my whole life... i used to hang out (by my own choice) at the jail with the officers when it was located over by the big water tower and Peaches Restaurant.. i have watched it change through out the years...

well, i have a driveway near my house that no one ever uses if anyone needs to do paperwork... im sorry for even having to ask about something like this... but i wouldnt even ask if i didnt get to start thinking that LE may need to be involved...

08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
That is cool how someone would take there own actions and ask for a way out by using our tax money to help :snicker:
Sounds like someone i know HHMMM. Sorry to all the officers who would play into this kind of thing.WOW :idea:

08-16-2008, 03:25 PM
That is cool how someone would take there own actions and ask for a way out by using our tax money to help :snicker:
Sounds like someone i know HHMMM. Sorry to all the officers who would play into this kind of thing.WOW :idea:

Heres to GOALS listed on venicegov.com that supposedly refer to VPD:
"Deliver efficient and effective police services in a lawful and professional manner that inspires confidence and trust from those we protect and serve."
"Protect life and property with the utmost respect for the constitutional rights and personal safety of those we serve."

It is a shame that someone thought a police agency may be able to help protect them from unnecessary and unlawful behavior/actions. If this is the feeling of Venice Police, that Venice Residents should feel uncomfortable in requesting the assistance of an officer, then what is the point of being here and working everyday? PDs are here to serve and protect, its not a game.

11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
it is a game when your job is always on the end of a rope and admin hangs it in front of you. then they feel free to yank it when if you dont play buy the ever changing rules. leave it to Williams and her admin to change the SOPs daily

07-30-2009, 02:15 AM
well if people wouldn't call the PD to handle the watering complaints and parking violations and allow the PD to do police work and not code enforcment, maybe officers could actualy patrol your area. And if you pull call records, there has not been a "major incident"(i.e. murder, shooting, etc...) in the city of venice. The "bubble" is still entact, and yes you can thank your VPD officers for that. And yes dont surprised, but there is a drug problems in venice, but the majority of citizens would never know.

08-24-2009, 02:39 AM
These BS calls for watering, parking etc are the reason your city is still intact.......You must be on the job about a year maybe??