PDA

View Full Version : I want to work for PCSO

08-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I want to work for PCSO as a deputy or in detention. I need advice on the best classes to take and where to take them as well as how to apply. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also which one is the better field to enter?
Thank you for all of your service

08-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I would recommend obtaining at least an associates degree, but a Bachelors is best. (The agency is more likely to hire you if you have experience or a degree). Then attend one of the FDLE Basic Police Academies. PCC and SFCC (Avon Park) are the closest ones around here. Then just visit human resources or download an application from the agency website. I know this sounds like a lot to do just to get a job, but if your heart is set on the Sheriff's office, you really have no choice. Besides, what's wrong with having an education? Best of Luck to you. Oh, and in the mean time, STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!

08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
pinellas or pasco county?

08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I would assume its Polk since its posted in the polk county forum.

08-15-2008, 11:45 PM
I would really put some thought behind your agency choice. Everything here is a lie. This is the worst place to work. Grady is an idiot and a lies to the public and his deputies. he does not care about us. If he did he wouldnt give away millions of dollars when new deputies are being issued used and poor equipment. And have POS cars that are unsafe to be driven. He is only trying to get us a rase becase of elections. Even though he has no compitition he wants to insre his reelection. And before someone says I dont know what I'm talking about. I hear things from a formal Chief of Staff as well.

08-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Please. I've worked at this agency for quite a few years, I haven't seen Judd promise anything he could not do. He isn't perfect, he is a politician but I don't think we have it that darn bad here. It is not perfect but neither is any place you will work. Our equipment isn't bad, yeah, I have had a few old cars but nothing to the point where I felt unsafe in it, just maybe old and a little worn.. Newbies get brand new, nice stuff, with the exception of vehicles, but that will come shortly after a year the way cars have been handed out lately. Get your education and standards and then apply. Maybe the person who posted the above should consider an education, learn how to spell and write complete proper grammatical sentences. Good luck!

08-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I would really put some thought behind your agency choice. Everything here is a lie. This is the worst place to work. Grady is an idiot and a lies to the public and his deputies. he does not care about us. If he did he wouldnt give away millions of dollars when new deputies are being issued used and poor equipment. And have POS cars that are unsafe to be driven. He is only trying to get us a rase becase of elections. Even though he has no compitition he wants to insre his reelection. And before someone says I dont know what I'm talking about. I hear things from a formal Chief of Staff as well.

What is a formal Chief of Staff? If you are so unhappy here, leave.

08-19-2008, 10:43 PM

Before you start posting and calling folks idiots, you might want to buy a dictionary or some other tutorial device. I suspect your file is in the top drawer at A.I. Exactly what is a "Formal Chief of Staff"?

Anyway original poster, apply PCSO is a great place to work. We have some moron's like the one above who has had trouble with spelling and report writing, but do not let them discourage your ambitions.

08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I sincerely doubt, in fact I do not believe, that the nasty poster above is even a current employee of the sheriff's office. Just some scab or Grady hater. I know of no one here that feels that way about the agency.

08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
just like anywhere you work there are good things and bad there are great upper brass and then there are A-holes just weigh it out but the benefits are great here

08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
If you dont get hired here for whatever reason, no worries, hopefully this county will be one big Metro soon. It would be the greatest thing to happen for all of Polk County's citizens.