PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Shift

08-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Midnights - Anyone enjoy the midnight shift or have any positives to say about it?

08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I enjoy the midnight shift when it's my month to do it. Especially in the summer time, like now, it's good to get out of the heat. Though it's known that the freaks only come out at night, people tend to test you a little more at night then during the daylight hours. In high population areas, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, etc, S1's you could probably get every night. But in other areas, Glades, Highland counties (where?!?, lol) get a nice book to read.

08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Working mids are Great!! Less traffic, cooler, away from the brass. The down side is Court during the morning or day and getting sleep when everyone else in the house is awake :shock: making noise. Just as your body changes to the shift it's time to change. No perm shifts where I work :( maybe one day!

08-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Working mids are Great!! Less traffic, cooler, away from the brass. The down side is Court during the morning or day and getting sleep when everyone else in the house is awake :shock: making noise. Just as your body changes to the shift it's time to change. No perm shifts where I work :( maybe one day!

God Bless you. Rotating shifts are evil!! :evil:

08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
I can remember working in Miami on mids and seeing the themometer on the bank signs showing 92 degrees at 2:00 AM in August. Not much cooler but at least the sun isn't beating down on you but there usually isn't a torrential thunderstorm at 2:00 AM. There's something unnatural about working mids, I used to get depressed when I saw the sun come up and I slept way too much, almost the whole time between shifts. Never got used to it.
But then again some folks love working mids, I'm just not one of them.

08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
I can remember working in Miami on mids and seeing the themometer on the bank signs showing 92 degrees at 2:00 AM in August. Not much cooler but at least the sun isn't beating down on you but there usually isn't a torrential thunderstorm at 2:00 AM. There's something unnatural about working mids, I used to get depressed when I saw the sun come up and I slept way too much, almost the whole time between shifts. Never got used to it.
But then again some folks love working mids, I'm just not one of them.

I hear you brother

08-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Funny how those who command DON'T work midnights, but COMMAND / ORDER those under them from LT down to work them. Where's the senority in this agency? No other agency has 20 yr veterans working Mids unless they want to. And funny how no specialty units work mids with the exception of DUI Troopers. Hey it's late.

I guess they don't run drugs when the sun goes down?
I guess they don't run any illegal trucks when the sun goes down?
I guess there aren't any kids outta child seats when the sun goes down?
I guess there aren't any colleges that have night classes where our recruiters could go and recruit new bodies?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????

:shock:

08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Funny how those who command DON'T work midnights, but COMMAND / ORDER those under them from LT down to work them. Where's the senority in this agency? No other agency has 20 yr veterans working Mids unless they want to. And funny how no specialty units work mids with the exception of DUI Troopers. Hey it's late.

I guess there aren't any colleges that have night classes where our recruiters could go and recruit new bodies?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree... 20 yr veterans shouldn't be working mids. I am a rookie saying this!!!

08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
The survey on shift preferences is out. Check your email. Think carefully about the consequence of your vote. Some of the downfalls of permanent shifts:

1. It will break up the current squads.
2. You might get a supervisor that you do not want, remember, they are bidding also.
3. You might get tired of the shift you choose and your stuck.
4. Rookies are going to get stuck with the shift nobody wants (permanent mids).
5. Court OT for people on permanent days will be non existent.
6. No more 5 day breaks.
7. People on permanent day shift with s/s off will notice they use more leave up for things such as doc appointments, personal car repairs, cable guy, etc. Most troopers just wait to schedule things like that when they rotate into a shift with a weekday off.
8. We can’t all work the same shift, you might be out bid even if you are not a rookie.
9. Your 10-208 might be screwed up.
10. You might end up with a zone you do not like.
11. You might end up with a zone partner you do not like.

08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
The survey on shift preferences is out. Check your email. Think carefully about the consequence of your vote. Some of the downfalls of permanent shifts:

1. It will break up the current squads.
2. You might get a supervisor that you do not want, remember, they are bidding also.
3. You might get tired of the shift you choose and your stuck.
4. Rookies are going to get stuck with the shift nobody wants (permanent mids).
5. Court OT for people on permanent days will be non existent.
6. No more 5 day breaks.
7. People on permanent day shift with s/s off will notice they use more leave up for things such as doc appointments, personal car repairs, cable guy, etc. Most troopers just wait to schedule things like that when they rotate into a shift with a weekday off.
8. We can’t all work the same shift, you might be out bid even if you are not a rookie.
9. Your 10-208 might be screwed up.
10. You might end up with a zone you do not like.
11. You might end up with a zone partner you do not like.

Perm. 10's!!!!!!!!!

08-08-2008, 01:05 AM

We're doing just fine catching the drug runners during the daytime, but thank you for your concern. No one in the specialty postions you mentioned receive any compensation for the extra work they do, as many other agencies do. The least we can do is work when we can be the most productive. Now go check on that signal 76 and stop trying to stir up trouble.

08-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Da freaks come out at night!!

08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
NO BACK UP ON MIDS! HEEEELP! WE NEED MORE TROOPERS TO MANY EMPTY CRUISERS DOWN IN MIA

08-25-2008, 02:43 AM
NO BACK UP ON MIDS! HEEEELP! WE NEED MORE TROOPERS TO MANY EMPTY CRUISERS DOWN IN MIA

08-25-2008, 04:47 AM
I'm a freaky freak and although I like to play at night, I do come out during the day time as well

<<<bending over>>>

08-25-2008, 04:49 AM
I enjoy the midnight shift when it's my month to do it. Especially in the summer time, like now, it's good to get out of the heat. Though it's known that the freaks only come out at night, people tend to test you a little more at night then during the daylight hours. In high population areas, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, etc, S1's you could probably get every night. But in other areas, Glades, Highland counties (where?!?, lol) get a nice book to read.

Playboy?

08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Midnights are easier here in Troop G, now that the Corporals have to work them :shock:

08-25-2008, 03:18 PM

Playboy?

Leaving love staines on the cruiser seat is a violation of FHP policy! :snicker:

08-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Playboy?

Leaving love staines on the cruiser seat is a violation of FHP policy! :snicker:

Is that you Midnight Rider?

08-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Midnights are easier here in Troop G, now that the Corporals have to work them :shock:

I heard the Palatka District THI were exempt. Only the Jville guys got the shaft :devil:

08-26-2008, 02:24 AM

Playboy?

Is that you Midnight Rider?

Nope not him this time! :D

Trp G Guy
08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Yea, they work it maybe once every year and a half, then cry like little girls about it. Oh, I can't get my reports in on time if I have to work mids! Besides, most of them took the position to get out of the shift and answering calls anyway.

08-26-2008, 04:23 PM

Playboy?

Ohhh yeah!

One night on MIDS at my old Troop ( I won't say which, because we got some snitches on here! ) the District Captain's new CVPI had arrived and was unlocked so I left some man-staines on the steering wheel and seats! Oh man I wish I could have seen his face the next morning!

Gotta love MIDS!

08-27-2008, 02:04 AM

Playboy?

Ohhh yeah!

One night on MIDS at my old Troop ( I won't say which, because we got some snitches on here! ) the District Captain's new CVPI had arrived and was unlocked so I left some man-staines on the steering wheel and seats! Oh man I wish I could have seen his face the next morning!

Gotta love MIDS!

yukky :?