PDA

View Full Version : Chief of Staff

07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
We have over 150 positions eliminated from our agency, but we can create a new Chief of Staff Position. What gives? What will they do that the other Lt Col's, Maj's and Chiefs don't do. Getting a little top heavy with all these newly created division positions. Seems to be a lot of 6 figure salaries are being created while we are cutting the working bees' wings.

07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
We have over 150 positions eliminated from our agency, but we can create a new Chief of Staff Position. What gives? What will they do that the other Lt Col's, Maj's and Chiefs don't do. Getting a little top heavy with all these newly created division positions. Seems to be a lot of 6 figure salaries are being created while we are cutting the working bees' wings.

Slick, name the chiefs??

07-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Captain Succi,
What does the highway patrol need with a chief of staff?????? I thought that is what Col Czernis is!
If one was needed then why was it not a graduate of 2908 Ridgeway Street? This is past the point of ridiculous when we are eliminating Trooper positions left and right. We are past the stage of critical staffing and we add another level of supervision. What will this outsider who has no knowledge of what we do going to make in salary?
I'm asking you because I know you will give us the straight scoop.
Thanks
A dazed and confused Corporal.

07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Sounds like he could be our next Colonel, figure it out. Read between the lines.

07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Captain Succi,
What does the highway patrol need with a chief of staff?????? I thought that is what Col Czernis is!
If one was needed then why was it not a graduate of 2908 Ridgeway Street? This is past the point of ridiculous when we are eliminating Trooper positions left and right. We are past the stage of critical staffing and we add another level of supervision. What will this outsider who has no knowledge of what we do going to make in salary?
I'm asking you because I know you will give us the straight scoop.
Thanks
A dazed and confused Corporal.

Sorry I can't answer your question because I read the same email you read. I am wondering if this is a sworn or non-sworn position.

The Colonel indicated he is reorganizing things at GHQ. It may have something to do with Colonel Austin leaving in November. Maybe some of the positions are being re-classified. Don't know.

I'm sure if the Colonel and Electra thought we needed a Chief of Staff, they have their reasons and in the next few weeks we will see those reason.

It will be interesting to see the organizational structure.

Captain Jeffrey Succi

07-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Jeff, you are so politically correct That is why we respect you. 10-8

07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Geez guys. Just like the "Troop C Major" thread.........GIVE IT A CHANCE.

I don't know why we hired a Chief of Staff. Personally, I don't care if we hired a Chief of Staff. It might end up being a really good move. If ou read the email, you will notice that he spent time working in the House of Representatives. Has anyone thought how beneficial this could be to the rank and file? Now we have someone working for us that knows the ins and outs of the legislative process and probably has some great contacts in the House. Chill out with the negative comments and see what happens. It might actually be good for us.

Take care and stay safe.

08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Capitan Succi estoy confundido, por favor ayudenos!!!!!!!!!Otra cosa, "QUE VIVA EL CAPITAN SUCCI COJONES." :D

08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
CZ was told to do this by EB - the new chief of staff is a political refugee, like many others at hsmv. He's out of a job in November and EB was asked to take care of him. Probably paying him 6 figures. What a crock. Thought we learned our lesson when we brought an outsider in FHP before (Grimming). CZ is only a puppet and is doing what he's told to do and he does it so he can finish his drop.

08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
This guy used to work for Marco Rubio the Speaker of the House. So we're talking about the same guy that screwed us on our pay raise? Nice quote cuco hornet.

08-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Will you guys lay off with the "puppet" thing? Electra Bustle is the head of DHSMV. If she wants to hire a Chief of Staff, it is up to her, NOT Colonel Czernis. There is a difference between being a puppet and doing what your boss tells you to do (assuming that the Colonel was TOLD to hire a Chief of Staff).

08-01-2008, 01:07 AM
somebody post the email
I dont think its really walking out to my car to fire up the lap top
ahhh I mean turn on my lap top, i would never leave it in my car

oops

08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
So, I have to agree. Nocco was personally responsible for our pay bill's oversight as it moved thru the process and I'm sure he will say that he was just following orders when Mr. Marco ammended it for one of his friends. The same Marco that just took a job himself from his freind Mr. Madique at FIU for 70K a year for a 10 hour a week teaching job. GREASE! Its all political grease.

So, what happens when we fail at getting a pay raise next session? I'll take a guess and say that Mr. Nocco is the fall guy. "Oh, golly! Our Chief of Staff didn't do his job!"

Now, how much is he getting paid? 90K? 100K? And we cut how many troopers? Do we suddenly need an FHP position that equal 3 or 4 working trooper positions. It's just as ridiculous to believe that there was a deficit in this state that we couldn't pay teachers and cops when they buy swamp land for 1.7 BILLION dollars.

We have been played once again. I don't hear a peep out of the union. Probably conflicts with John Rivera's "legislative relationships" to make an issue of this. We are nothing but pawns for the majority party. Vote Democrat and let them hammer us for a while.

08-01-2008, 02:37 AM
This guy used to work for Marco Rubio the Speaker of the House. So we're talking about the same guy that screwed us on our pay raise? Nice quote cuco hornet.

size=24]SO TRUE!!![/size]

This guy was Marco's gofer and was very aware of the bill that had our pay raise attached to. The bill was done deviously and secretly towards the last day of the session. He knew it was going to be vetoed. Marco is no friend of FHP and I don’t think his cronies are either.

Remember, Marco is a Jeb Bush are allies and not a friend of Crist.

This is a political appointee, it’s not CZ's doing. He does not have a choice in the matter.

Someone owes a favor to someone here.

08-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Does anyone see this coming http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2437_silly_couple.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

08-01-2008, 03:02 AM
And to think this one only cost the lost of four trooper positions to pay for it.

08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Does anyone see this coming http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2437_silly_couple.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

There has been several things happened over the past two years that I did not see comming...... :shock:

08-01-2008, 03:19 PM

I understand the frustration you are all feeling; I'm feeling it, too. But I can tell you that Chris Nocco is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and he truly was the one person up there that carried our mantle during session. He always made time to talk to FHP and the FHP/PBA, and fought as hard as anyone to get our package through. This is a very good move. Chris will do a great job for us, and has many inside contacts that we would not otherwise have. I realize this is hard to swallow for alot of you, but this really is encouraging. Believe me, this guy really does deserve this. I know many of you have your gripes and complaints about various aspects of FHP policy and we are all frutrated and angry about salaries, but please lay off of this one. This really is good for us.

08-02-2008, 01:41 AM
If we find out this guy is no friend of FHP can we count on KG and SD to derail him right ot of GHQ? They ran CK out so maybe this time it will be for the good of FHP

08-04-2008, 02:26 PM

I understand the frustration you are all feeling; I'm feeling it, too. But I can tell you that Chris Nocco is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and he truly was the one person up there that carried our mantle during session. He always made time to talk to FHP and the FHP/PBA, and fought as hard as anyone to get our package through. This is a very good move. Chris will do a great job for us, and has many inside contacts that we would not otherwise have. I realize this is hard to swallow for alot of you, but this really is encouraging. Believe me, this guy really does deserve this. I know many of you have your gripes and complaints about various aspects of FHP policy and we are all frutrated and angry about salaries, but please lay off of this one. This really is good for us.

Thanks Bill. Now go get us a raise.

08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
[quote="WHAT IS THIS":3iaxst1x]This guy used to work for Marco Rubio the Speaker of the House. So we're talking about the same guy that screwed us on our pay raise? Nice quote cuco hornet.

size=24]SO TRUE!!![/size]

This guy was Marco's gofer and was very aware of the bill that had our pay raise attached to. The bill was done deviously and secretly towards the last day of the session. He knew it was going to be vetoed. Marco is no friend of FHP and I don’t think his cronies are either.

Remember, Marco is a Jeb Bush are allies and not a friend of Crist.

This is a political appointee, it’s not CZ's doing. He does not have a choice in the matter.

Someone owes a favor to someone here.[/quote:3iaxst1x]
[b][/b

LOOK OUT this could be the next "gofer" director.

08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Why is everybody so against and OUTSIDER becoming Director? Have we gotten anywhere with the status quo? Grimming was an Outsider and I was THRILLED that they brought him in. He hit his head against a brick wall trying to get some things done, but at least he didn't sit back and pretend like things were going OK. I don't see anybody in our Ranks that I could peg a savior when Czernis retires. If this guy is legislative-savvy and they choose to groom him to be the Director, I am not opposed till I know more about him. Maybe he can learn the positives of our agency while he works here instead of bringing in some guy from day one when Czernis leaves and change EVERYTHING about us the day he shows up. :roll:

tanandblack
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I would like to know if this guy is occupying a sworn position? If so, did he have to pass a poly, psych, background inv.? We all had too. What is his salary? Why was he chosen and not someone already in a upper management position. What will he do that other staff members are not doing? It sounds like this is political payback for a legislator's friend. God knows we dont owe them anything. According to the Col. e-mail, this guy worked for some very prestigious police agencies. Why is he jumping from job to job. Why is he not still employed by one of them. God help us if a proper background was not completed and skeletons come out of the closet. I hope the Col. knows what he is doing on this one.

08-04-2008, 10:25 PM
tanandblack in da hooouse! :D