PDA

View Full Version : Contract

07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
With no raise and other issues in our contract...I hope we all vote not to ratify it. This time the threat " you wont get your raise until you ratify your contract" will not work seeing we have nothing to lose.

We need to stand together on this and make a show of unity. PGPD is getting 6%, NPPD is getting a raise, and the firefighters are getting a raise.

Seems we are getting the short end of the stick once again. I don't feel we should be a pawn for votes.

08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I have heard that the Charlotte County Fire and EMS are getting a 4.5 % raise. I though the county commision was not giving any raise at all the the employees so that is why we followed suit.

08-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I think we are dumb to be asking for raises in the first place. We should be going for benefits. I also think we are dummies for asking for a standard crappy blackhawk boot be issued to us in the future as well...

08-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I think we are dumb to be asking for raises in the first place. We should be going for benefits. I also think we are dummies for asking for a standard crappy blackhawk boot be issued to us in the future as well...

You are absolutley right! If we can't get a raise, then we should at least get better benefits. I would likt to see 12 hr holiday comp, better health benny's, uniform cleaning allowance, better uniforms, "No questions asked" sick time, 12 year retirement benefits. It would be nice to have comparable benny's to Lee County.

08-03-2008, 04:15 PM

You are absolutley right! If we can't get a raise, then we should at least get better benefits. I would likt to see 12 hr holiday comp, better health benny's, uniform cleaning allowance, better uniforms, "No questions asked" sick time, 12 year retirement benefits. It would be nice to have comparable benny's to Lee County.

Most of these ideas are good, but still we could have a raise!!! Heck they are numerous people in PG that earn more than the deputies that fight the crime.

If we get rid of civilains in certian positions like accreditations, one cpl in SRO/traffic and PIO to say a few and we'd have our raise.

08-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Most of these ideas are good, but still we could have a raise!!! Heck they are numerous people in PG that earn more than the deputies that fight the crime.

If we get rid of civilains in certian positions like accreditations, one cpl in SRO/traffic and PIO to say a few and we'd have our raise.

How about we get rid of the stupid boot allowance that we've let the admin use as a carrot in front of our faces for the last few years...We have no ground to stand on for a few dollars more. Go for stress tests like EVERY other agency in the area has. We've had several officers develop health costs by not preventing heart problems in the first place. Maybe we should stop wasting money on bad recruits for our academy, and only hire people with experience...

08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I have heard that the Charlotte County Fire and EMS are getting a 4.5 % raise. I though the county commision was not giving any raise at all the the employees so that is why we followed suit.

Fire and EMS contract is structured differently as far as pay. They have "Salary Ranges" no steps. their "Salary Ranges " adjust according to the Southern US C.P.I. . Their raises are COLA, anniversary, and after completion of TWO 40 hour or 3 credit hour classes. To say that they are all getting 4.5% is inaccurate. WIth the rate of inflation most will be just keeping up.

08-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I agree with the better benefits however the no questions asked sick time (no go). We have too many lazy as#es pretending to be sick as it is. If that went into effect, there would be so much overtime that you would be forced into coming to wirk like they are in the jail.