PDA

View Full Version : Retired Officers Reunion???

FadedBlue
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know where this event is intended to be held??
Many retired CPD have left the state.

08-01-2008, 12:13 AM
One of the ideas was to hold it possibly at the Biltmore in conjunction with the weekend of the FOP Annual Awards Banquet. This way if the retired brothers and sisters wanted to attend the banquet they could have the option. Since many would be flying down here anyways. That was the thought process anyways. Noseke, Griffen, or Fire would be the point of contact and are liason with the the FOP Board.

08-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Dont forget to invite Communications....... :)

08-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Of Course you are family

08-22-2008, 09:36 PM
So what ever became of this idea for a Retired Officer's Reunion. I answered that I'd be interested then never heard another thing about it. For those of us who have left the area and started a 2nd career we'd have to make some arrangements to attend - and last minute airline tickets aren't cheap. My spouse would also have to request the time off as well so this would take some planning.

Not that we're not willing to do so, but time and money are a concern to us all.

So what happened? Was this just a passing thought? Not much positive feed back?

08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Eddie Griffin has sent out an e-mail with all of the details. It will be held the first weekend in October at a location in Largo. Get a hold of Griffin or Krieger if you are planning on attending. If you do not have their contact info, leave a way for me to contact you, and I will pass the info on to you.

09-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Paul Noeske is in the office right now and relays that the Reunion meeting is going to be Saturday, Oct. 4th, at Pinellas County Lodge #43, at 3:00. The lodge is on Commerce, off Missouri Ave., in Largo. To cover expenses a charge of $25 per person will be collected. He's looking forward to seeing everyone then. Contact Paul Noeske or Eddie Griffin with any questions. Lt. Byrd said he was going to have everyone wear name tags so we remember who everyone is! Should be a great time...who doesn't love listening to the stories of those good old days??