PDA

View Full Version : no back up units in the south

07-31-2008, 12:15 AM
I heard an off duty unit in 74 zone asking for a 15 on a 19....no answer. It was sad to hear a supervisor having to order someone to go. Then a county unit needs backup on the Rickenbacker, and you hear crickets on the radio.

07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
I heard an off duty unit in 74 zone asking for a 15 on a 19....no answer. It was sad to hear a supervisor having to order someone to go. Then a county unit needs backup on the Rickenbacker, and you hear crickets on the radio.

This is the most pressing reason for firing Timoney. He has neglected the most important aspect of police management: deploying the most patrol officers possible, to ensure that a backup is always available! By the way, "a supervisor order[ed] someone to go?" Unless the supervisor was on the "can" he or she should have rolled! Am I wrong?

07-31-2008, 12:39 AM

This is the most pressing reason for firing Timoney. He has neglected the most important aspect of police management: deploying the most patrol officers possible, to ensure that a backup is always available! By the way, "a supervisor order[ed] someone to go?" Unless the supervisor was on the "can" he or she should have rolled! Am I wrong?Yes you are wrong. A supervisor should NEVER be summoned reference this bullshit!

07-31-2008, 12:46 AM

This is the most pressing reason for firing Timoney. He has neglected the most important aspect of police management: deploying the most patrol officers possible, to ensure that a backup is always available! By the way, "a supervisor order[ed] someone to go?" Unless the supervisor was on the "can" he or she should have rolled! Am I wrong?Yes you are wrong. A supervisor should NEVER be summoned reference this bullshit!

So according to your logic, a supervisor, if available should not have rolled on that 15, when no one answered the call? Clearly we ascribe to different supervisory codes!

07-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Guys,dont bite. This instigator is full of it!
The Southend has very dedicated cops who hustle from calls to calls just like the North and probably Central!

On rare occassions,EVERYONE is tied up stupid and therefore,a Sgt. must be raised,{obviously if the sgt is paying attention,no need to be raised} and informed that a unit WANTS a 15,not 3-15! WE ARE ALL SHORT !

All our sgt.'s on a shift and I am sure all the other shifts,bust their azz and not only back units up but take calls too.
Some of them dont wait till given a call,they see everyone is busy and they handle calls on their own and advise,"cancel that call Miami,I took care of it"!

Lets recognize that 99% of the time,we all get 15's but if you are scared to handle a 25,19 or occassional 34 by yourself then go work in Key Biscayne,biaaaatcccchhh
Sgt.'s thanks for your support.

07-31-2008, 02:43 AM

So according to your logic, a supervisor, if available should not have rolled on that 15, when no one answered the call? Clearly we ascribe to different supervisory codes!You are no doubt a rookie and work for an incompetent supervisor. Learn your job and do it!

07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
It happens city wide. This is the new breed of policemen. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty rookies.

07-31-2008, 03:38 PM

So according to your logic, a supervisor, if available should not have rolled on that 15, when no one answered the call? Clearly we ascribe to different supervisory codes! Thanks :(

07-31-2008, 06:26 PM

Central A shift has you beat we had a undecover Sergeant ask for a 3-15 he had guys armmed with AK-47.....silence Its a scary trend everyone wants a paycheck but, few earn it.

07-31-2008, 07:18 PM
People there aren't enough of us to back each other up, it's not our faults, someone will get sued for this one day :evil:

07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
People there aren't enough of us to back each other up, it's not our faults, someone will get sued for this one day :evil:

YOU ALWAYS MAKE TIME TO BACK UP A BROTHER OFFICER!!!!!!!!. NO EXCUSES

07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
BRAH IF SUM1 ASKS FOR A 15 IT IS OBVIOUS THEY NEED SUM1. MIAMI KEEP ME ON MY SIGNAL ILL BE GOIN BY. PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID THERE SHOULD NEVER BE CRICKETS.

07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
BRAH IF SUM1 ASKS FOR A 15 IT IS OBVIOUS THEY NEED SUM1. MIAMI KEEP ME ON MY SIGNAL ILL BE GOIN BY. PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID THERE SHOULD NEVER BE CRICKETS.

This is the most pressing reason for firing Timoney. He has neglected the most important aspect of police management: deploying the most patrol officers possible, to ensure that a backup is always available! By the way, "a supervisor order[ed] someone to go?" Unless the supervisor was on the "can" he or she should have rolled! Am I wrong?

07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Sure a sgt. could have done it if all the other units were legitimately tied up on hot calls or 19's themselves that they couldn't just 07. But I think the reality is you have people that don't like working with each other or are just plain lazy. I've got my guys that will always be there for me and then there are the ones that never, EVER show up. OTHER agencies do, but you'll never see some of these people's faces.

07-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Sure a sgt. could have done it if all the other units were legitimately tied up on hot calls or 19's themselves that they couldn't just 07. But I think the reality is you have people that don't like working with each other or are just plain lazy. I've got my guys that will always be there for me and then there are the ones that never, EVER show up. OTHER agencies do, but you'll never see some of these people's faces.

SAD! Hope they never need a "real" 15!

07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Yup, I don't care how much you dislike someone, you still gotta do your job.

08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Yup, I don't care how much you dislike someone, you still gotta do your job.

papo thats everywhere and will continue in this administration

08-01-2008, 03:37 AM
[quote="guest 223":17kvgnqv]Yup, I don't care how much you dislike someone, you still gotta do your job.

papo thats everywhere and will continue in this administration[/quote:17kvgnqv]

It's not the administration--it's the kind of people you work with. No supervisor should have to ORDER an officer to back up another. You're right though--it does happen in every department, everywhere--there are a lot of people that can't be mature and professional and put the fact that they're an OFFICER ahead of their personal feelings.

08-01-2008, 03:40 AM
[quote="guest 223":3qkch37w]Yup, I don't care how much you dislike someone, you still gotta do your job.

papo thats everywhere and will continue in this administration[/quote:3qkch37w]

It's not the administration--it's the kind of people you work with. No supervisor should have to ORDER an officer to back up another. You're right though--it does happen in every department, everywhere--there are a lot of people that can't be mature and professional and put the fact that they're an OFFICER ahead of their personal feelings.

08-01-2008, 05:07 AM
There is no excuse for not going to a 15 at least a go by, tell your dip arrest you will be back...........

08-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I blaim the South end command, no excuse

08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
NO SPARES