PDA

View Full Version : CAR WASHES!

07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Can someone, that really knows about this situation, tell me why we can't put a $6.00 car wash on the gas card once a week?

I mean it is for the image of the patrol, right?

And another thing, why is it that we can piss our ink cartridges away on printing redundant reports that our spvsr's can pull from their MDT's?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

07-29-2008, 11:00 PM
It is a bunch of crap that we cannot even buy a car wash once a week. But there are ways around this if you use your imagination... and without purcahsing a car wash. Just think about it for a while and it will come to you... It takes a little bit of elbow grease but it is well worth it in the long run and your car is always clean too...

tanandblack
07-29-2008, 11:00 PM
You bring up very good points. I used to purchase two car washes a month out of my pocket and the other two I put on the p-card. The car was always clean and twice a month at my expense. We do waste alot of paper still in this agency.

07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Go ahead and purchase the 6.00 carwash. When you get called in and get asked about it, give them your reason. Major C on the Turn Pike washes his car at home and paints his wheels and expects his Troopers to do the same. :shock:

07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
what a joke!

07-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I can only wash my car on Wednesdays, due to water restrictions. :(

07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I let the rain wash mine!

07-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Can someone, that really knows about this situation, tell me why we can't put a $6.00 car wash on the gas card once a week?

I mean it is for the image of the patrol, right?

And another thing, why is it that we can piss our ink cartridges away on printing redundant reports that our spvsr's can pull from their MDT's?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Geez here we go again, want want want, is that all you do is cry about everything?

Because you are not bright enough to figure out this simple math problem I will spell it out for you.

The Florida Highway Patrol has 1,600 troopers.

That means there are 1,600 cars on the road not counting spare cars.

Here is where you must be getting lost as it does require a person to use some real brain power, but here it goes anyway just for you.

1,600 X $6.00 = $9,600 dollars a week

$9,600 X 52 = $499,200 dollars a year

Or $41,600 dollars a month just in car washes.

You were raised in the Bill Clinton era during your school years I bet?

07-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Grandpaaaaaaaa! :lol:

07-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Just find a gas station that will give ya free washes!

07-30-2008, 01:02 AM

most don't want to cuz we gave them tickets :cry:

07-30-2008, 01:23 AM

Exactly! Just be nice to the people behind the counter and they ALWAYS offer me a free car wash.

Alot of car washes in my area have a secret POLICE code that activates the premium wash.

07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Isn't that what we have kids for?

07-30-2008, 04:32 AM

yes, do that... the the PC office will summon you and you can explain why you violated policy about accepting "free" gifts or services.....

it's in the policy.....

07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
For those of you accepting that free carwash just keep in mind you are now accepting a gratuity and violating policy. You use your card, same thing a policy violation, no matter how you try to make a positive look for FHP you can get screwed policy can or will get you ever time. Its time to make some policy revesions that don't cost the trooper money (ie... tint, AR's, etc) a trooper is struggling to make a worthwhile salery and now you can't even get a carwash. God it sounds as if Tally really gives a _ _ _ _.

07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
For those of you accepting that free carwash just keep in mind you are now accepting a gratuity and violating policy. You use your card, same thing a policy violation, no matter how you try to make a positive look for FHP you can get screwed policy can or will get you ever time. Its time to make some policy revesions that don't cost the trooper money (ie... tint, AR's, etc) a trooper is struggling to make a worthwhile salery and now you can't even get a carwash. God it sounds as if Tally really gives a _ _ _ _.

I no longer support FHP out of my pocket, wheather it be free labor or money. If they require it, then they need to pay for it.

mod 511
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow great "a car wash post"!

07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Policy says that your car is to be kept "neat" well... I say if thats what they want.. then they can contract with a mobile car wash and have them come to the station, and the Sgt. can put em ALL on his P-card, OR they can get a purchase order, and do it the right way....

OR--------------- I can wash it on MY time and claim 2.5 hrs of OT, ref. Vehicle Maintenance. We have a Major that says he wants to "inspect" all the cars in the Troop personally.... OHHH I can't wait til he gets to mine !!!!!!!!!

do it right Tallahassee.... at least pay for one a month for god's sake !
what would happem if NOOe washed their cars for about a month ???

07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Policy says that your car is to be kept "neat" well... I say if thats what they want.. then they can contract with a mobile car wash and have them come to the station, and the Sgt. can put em ALL on his P-card, OR they can get a purchase order, and do it the right way....

OR--------------- I can wash it on MY time and claim 2.5 hrs of OT, ref. Vehicle Maintenance. We have a Major that says he wants to "inspect" all the cars in the Troop personally.... OHHH I can't wait til he gets to mine !!!!!!!!!

good post

07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Please explain how accepting a “courtesy” wash from your local suds and more car wash violates policy? They don’t expect anything in return except knowing one of “Their” cars stays clean on the road. If this does in fact violate policy, well, the whole agency better stand by because I doubt very seriously you will find one Trooper that has not accepted a courtesy wash. Please justify your response

07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
A thread full of lazy troopers. Take a little pride and professionalism in your work and wash it yourself you lazy sods. And no, I am not admin, a recruit or a grandpa. What a joke some of you have become.

07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
no more than this agency !!!

07-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Where would Majors find time to do this?

07-30-2008, 11:25 PM

good post

Here is something to think about...let's say (for the sake of arguement) that the Major inspects your car and finds it to be a rolling dump. Dirt everywhere, crap everywhere..you know the look - total filth. Let's say the Major "snaps" and the next thing you know, you are driving to the station to pick up your car before the start of your shift. That's right - no take home car. Here is another news flash for you - it could happen. No one has guaranteed you will have a take home. It's happening all around the state. Don't think it can't happen here as well. Now take your lazy #@@ outside and start cleaning.

07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Thats fine.... I'll park it at the station, and those s-4's can wait til I drive to the station, change out my gear, go potty, and THEN I'll be 10-51, and oh by the way.... can't make me work OT for it so I gueess my NEW shift will be 6 hrs. THANKS !!!!!

And YES The Major said HE will be inspecting cars !!!!!!

07-31-2008, 02:04 PM
My attorney says he will be present to video tape the inspection.

07-31-2008, 02:06 PM

good post

Here is something to think about...let's say (for the sake of arguement) that the Major inspects your car and finds it to be a rolling dump. Dirt everywhere, crap everywhere..you know the look - total filth. Let's say the Major "snaps" and the next thing you know, you are driving to the station to pick up your car before the start of your shift. That's right - no take home car. Here is another news flash for you - it could happen. No one has guaranteed you will have a take home. It's happening all around the state. Don't think it can't happen here as well. Now take your lazy #@@ outside and start cleaning.

Major C needs to remember he is a major now and not a sergeant

07-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Thats fine.... I'll park it at the station, and those s-4's can wait til I drive to the station, change out my gear, go potty, and THEN I'll be 10-51, and oh by the way.... can't make me work OT for it so I gueess my NEW shift will be 6 hrs. THANKS !!!!!

First off this old timer trooper says your new Major sounds like a real jerk.

Second, if you have to park your car at the station or else where for that matter, you do not get to claim your travel time in your POV. So you won't be working those 6 hours shifts you so boldly posted, you will instead be working 9 1/2 to 10 hours a day, 8 hours for the patrol and your own travel time in your POV at no cost to the state.

07-31-2008, 02:18 PM

First off this old timer trooper says your new Major sounds like a real jerk.

Second, if you have to park your car at the station or else where for that matter, you do not get to claim your travel time in your POV. So you won't be working those 6 hours shifts you so boldly posted, you will instead be working 9 1/2 to 10 hours a day, 8 hours for the patrol and your own travel time in your POV at no cost to the state.

I think the poster meant the state would only realize 6 hours of work since he wouldn't be available for calls during his travel time.

07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
That theory is incorrect. If you are required to travel to and from the station to pick up and drop off your vehicle - that time is on your own and not part of your regular sheculed shift. You will be expected to begin your shift on the road will still be 8 hours. Wash your own car and try not to draw attention to yourself.

07-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Please don't tell on me! I run mine through the free wash at least once or twice a week.

08-01-2008, 12:39 AM
What every station doesn't have an inmate to wash cars? Ours does a great job. Park it in the spot and he hops right on it. He maybe slow bt does good work. We are already 2.00/hr for these to work.

08-01-2008, 01:01 AM
RZR stated - "It is a bunch of crap that we cannot even buy a car wash once a week. But there are ways around this if you use your imagination... and without purcahsing a car wash. Just think about it for a while and it will come to you... It takes a little bit of elbow grease but it is well worth it in the long run and your car is always clean too..."

I got it, and I do it... once a week.

08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
its a state car. state should pay for it to be cleaned. period

08-27-2008, 04:07 AM
So Fl Trooper is not going to have to pay out of pocket for car washes anymore. The locals are good enough to pay to wash their own cars! Lucky ba$tard :wink:

08-28-2008, 03:26 AM
It is a bunch of crap that we cannot even buy a car wash once a week. But there are ways around this if you use your imagination... and without purcahsing a car wash. Just think about it for a while and it will come to you... It takes a little bit of elbow grease but it is well worth it in the long run and your car is always clean too...

"It takes a little bit of elbow grease but it is well worth it in the long run and your car is always clean too"

Since Tally has been decreasing their budget for the Patrol, so have I :!:

I have since realized that I can save a few bucks as well by not handwashing my car.
I don't spend my money on the water,
I don't spend my money on the soap.
I don't spend my money on the bucket,
I don't spend my money on the spunges,
I don't spend my money on the towels,
I don't spend my money on the wax,

and I don't spend the time washing my car that I should have been spending with my family.

08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
I GET LUCILLE TO WASH MY CAR FOR ME :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3aWRUmoSs

08-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I say if the Major wants my car clean, I can always drop it off and he can clean it himself. As for inspections, I seriously doubt if he's gonna drive all over the pike to inspect cars, with the way gas prices are going. If he takes one persons car away for not having it clean, he has todo it to everyone.

I have been washing my car everyday....with all the rain down here :mrgreen:

08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I GET LUCILLE TO WASH MY CAR FOR ME :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3aWRUmoSs

That was absolutely hilarious! It made my day. Great movie by the way.

08-30-2008, 09:49 PM

"It takes a little bit of elbow grease but it is well worth it in the long run and your car is always clean too"

Since Tally has been decreasing their budget for the Patrol, so have I :!:

I have since realized that I can save a few bucks as well by not handwashing my car.
I don't spend my money on the water,
I don't spend my money on the soap.
I don't spend my money on the bucket,
I don't spend my money on the spunges,
I don't spend my money on the towels,
I don't spend my money on the wax,

and I don't spend the time washing my car that I should have been spending with my family.

same here!

dan1065cf
09-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Hey boyz and girlies... This topic is no joke... I have been on the job for 10+ years, and re-located to a smaller agency in Central Florida. I was dumped on my last day of probation ..for....WASHING MY CAR!!!!.....

Yep.. I got a car wash on the city card and got nixed for it...

So as lame as this crap sounds.. Just remember the loyalities of administrations and the troops... OH YEA... don't wash your car, and you might keep your job...LOL

and the really sad part is... I make 200 less being on unemployment than stickin my butt on the line everyday..

09-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey boyz and girlies... This topic is no joke... I have been on the job for 10+ years, and re-located to a smaller agency in Central Florida. I was dumped on my last day of probation ..for....WASHING MY CAR!!!!.....

So as lame as this crap sounds.. Just remember the loyalities of administrations and the troops... OH YEA... don't wash your car, and you might keep your job...LOL

and the really sad part is... I make 200 less being on unemployment than stickin my butt on the line everyday..

ouch. sorry dude. I personally let the rain wash my car. I aint paying for it.

09-05-2008, 04:15 AM

What else were you doing wrong? Seems unusual if you're a good employee and high activity you should have received a warning. They weren't looking for a reason to "nix" you were they?

dan1065cf
09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Didn't do anything wrong besides getting a car wash.. Several "atta boyz" in the file, and 10 years of LE experience... and down the tubes for a small agency that orders you to ask of gratitudies...Which if I remember right.. is a FDLE violation... but oh well.. I'll collect my unemployment for doing nothing...

09-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Was there a policy change? I still go to the car wash twice a month on the State card. Every once in a while I'll wash it myself or pay the $5 out of my pocket. I figure that's the least I can do for having a take home car. Gas sure is expensive! I would hate to have to drive my own POV to work everyday.

09-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Didn't do anything wrong besides getting a car wash.. Several "atta boyz" in the file, and 10 years of LE experience... and down the tubes for a small agency that orders you to ask of gratitudies...Which if I remember right.. is a FDLE violation... but oh well.. I'll collect my unemployment for doing nothing...

Seriously i'm not trying to bust your balls but maybe you should stand back and look at yourself in the mirror.

IF any agency lets you go the last day of probation because you wasted $8 on your P card ........ They were looking for a reason to NIX you.

That is easily a slap on the wrist don't do it again type of situation. Now if they slapped you and you continued for a month straight..... well thats another story.

Good luck with your job search.

09-10-2008, 03:11 AM
I never cease to be amazed when I come in here. FHP gives you a car to drive free, pays for the gas, lets you start work from your driveway, pays the insurance, maintenance and says for a small fee you can even earn off-duty money with the car and you are whining about 15 minutes a week with a rag.

Think about this,

$20,000 bucks to buy an additional car to drive to and from work
your gas to and from work
your maintenance and upkeep
your insurance
oh yes and you will also have to wash your own vehicle unless you live like a pig
and you can waste 8 hours a week driving to and from work on your time to get a patrol car for work

just take a few minutes, get a bucket of water and wash the $#%& car.

09-10-2008, 03:14 AM
I never cease to be amazed when I come in here. FHP gives you a car to drive free, pays for the gas, lets you start work from your driveway, pays the insurance, maintenance and says for a small fee you can even earn off-duty money with the car and you are whining about 15 minutes a week with a rag.

Think about this,

$20,000 bucks to buy an additional car to drive to and from work
your gas to and from work
your maintenance and upkeep
your insurance
oh yes and you will also have to wash your own vehicle unless you live like a pig
and you can waste 8 hours a week driving to and from work on your time to get a patrol car for work

just take a few minutes, get a bucket of water and wash the $#%& car.

The $10 car wash is not a big deal. It's the principle. First they want you to pay for your car washes, what's next? We already pay for our own tints. You think the SO makes their Deputies pay for car washes? Most don't.