PDA

View Full Version : A legacy tarnished

07-26-2008, 04:27 PM
For seven years the public never knew how the chief operated within the privacy of the police department. He took credit for promoting more minority police officers than any other chief, along with unprecedented drops in crime during his tenure. However, we knew all along the political spin placed on these stories and were silently watched as the public embraced him. No one knew how vindictive, illiterate, and uneducated he really was, but we all knew. We knew how he handled internal affairs investigations. Just ask any of the officers involved, and how he would play let's make a deal as if he were god-like. He was too good to attend our briefings, and when he was actually in the station he would run to the elevator to go to his throne instead of making contact with any of the officers. If you were to take off our name tags he may be able to name 20% of us, and the others would be nameless to him. Is this how a chief of police should operate? Absolutely not my friends. Should a chief of police be in bed with the owner of Alligator Towing? Absolutely not my friends. In recent days that public has been able to witness his disregard for anyone but himself and his family, like we have witnessed for 7 years. We are all supposed to be a family, but he treated us as if we were all b@stard children. Remember when he lied about sending his son to the academy on tax payer money? How about when we were stuck at the state building with no power or food when he was at his house? We saw him for the first minute of the hurricane and then he disappeared for two weeks. We all have stories about his corruption and double standards, and now when he missed the biggest day in the history of the Fort Myers Police Department everyone now sees his true colors. Everyone knows that his so called legacy is actually tarnished, and he will have to go the rest of his life with a Scarlet "T" on his chest for treachery. For he truly is a traitor to the brothers and sisters who wear and bleed blue. The command staff did an amazing job during this ordeal (with the exception of a few), but it is too late for change. These individuals could have taken the time to get to know each and every officer, but they actively choose to remain reclusively in their lofts on the third floor. Hilton (I tremble when I even use his name) selected almost everyone one of our supervisors and he has made the promotions over the last 7 years. He put these people in power because they were responsive to him, and I call upon the council to make a change and wipe the slate clean. Force out all of his followers and start from scratch. The morale and leadership at this agency is at an all time low, and has been for a long time. I examined the list of potential chiefs and see several that possess the experience and leadership necessary to turn this place around, and I hope that the council makes the right decision and ends the tarnished reign of our administrators for the last 7 years. We must get rid of the people that Hilton appointed to high ranking officials, and allow the future of this department to be dictated by people who care about the officers, community, and profession.

07-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Excellent post. all kidding aside this covered it all without sparing the few remaining minions that he has there.
Now if only the powers that be would take note, listen ,and respond.

07-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I AM SUFRPRISED THE MAN COULD STAND UP STRAIGHT W/O A SPINE.

EVERYOME FROM LT UP SHOLULD TAKE THE BUY OUT.

NEW COMMAND STAFF

07-26-2008, 09:59 PM
I second that motion

07-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Sam Cooke Article:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 002/NEWS01 (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080726/COLUMNISTS02/80726025/1002/NEWS01)

07-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Hilton needs to move out of state and enjoy his retirement elsewhere.

07-27-2008, 10:08 PM
He should have been fired for all crap he has done over the years including the early years of his career with this department; I am a true believer of "What goes around comes around". He is definitely getting what he deserves. :twisted:

"I could not have left my family on the side of the road,’’ Daniels told The News-Press.
I can’t speak for the police chief, but if (Daniels) needed to put his family up, I think we were an option,’’ said Casper Councilman Guy V. Padgett III on Saturday.
“Absolutely. We have a lot of hotels in Casper.’’

If he is so intelligent why in the world could he not make an intelligent decision on how to handle this situation? Makes you want to go hummmmm.....

Is his wife that incompetent that she can't be left alone in another state? I know many wives have gone out of town for business or classes without their husbands and was able to handle being out of town on their own. The excuses he made up was absolutely ridiculous!

07-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Is his wife that incompetent that she can't take care of HER OWN MOTHER. How many of us were away from our families during Charlie and Katrina?

07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I would like to offer Daniels some cheese with his wine. :x Thank you for all your excuses today, my heart bleeds for you..........NOT. :twisted: Save your sad stories for the lord above. I do have one question though, if it was one of your sons that was murdered by a piece of sh** on the street, how long would it take you to come back to down from Montana? :roll: My guess is you and your family would have been back within 24hours. Why couldn’t you give that much courtesy to the family of our fallen hero? My second question for you is who takes care of you mother-in-law while you are away from home? I reckon your wife does, again you can’t admit that you failed as the chief of FMPD and used your family as a scapegoat. Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Chief Daniels, This torch symbolizes your career here at FMPD (Lt Eads puts out the torch) the tribe has spoken: Please gather your belongings and leave the city immediately.

--Leave your Ford Explorer in the parking lot (That belongs to Doug now)
--Please visit the second floor on the way down and remove your Hells Angels jacket incased in the shadow box that Rog made you.
--Please refrain from visiting the officer's room during briefing to say goodbye (Like you have done for the last 7 years).
--Oh, I almost forgot, don't forget to sign your T-Notice from 2210 Peck Street before you leave!!!

07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
the only good thing the chief ever did for fmpd is retire. he should take the delta love trianlge, hanna montana, twofaced winkler girl, all the GOB followers and sail away on the love boat.