PDA

View Full Version : My glorious return!!!

07-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Ahoy mate's! Marty Shapiro - longtime blogger and typer and homesteading resident of Town Shores - has returned from a sea venture that would make the most hardened of seafarers belly up to the gunwales.

I see there that a fellow mariner passed away - tragic i guess. To him all I can say is "Fair winds and a Following sea". I remember a few years back this young Warner fellow boarded my skiff one day. Came aboard like a fiesty old pirate of yesteryear he did! You know once in the Sea of Singapore my ship got boarded by real pirates - but that's a story for another day. Anyway, Pirate Craig (as I affectionately called him because he acted like he was in search of some sort of booty or something) seemed disappointed all my seafaring gear was in order! He bid me good day and I sailed off into the sunset once again (actually I went to Gators in Treasure Island and got hammered - but again thats a yarn for another day).

While transitting the Straits of Hormuz I read on the internet where some sort of prevert was shacked up right across the street from the old station house. Come on bouys and gulls - ya'll can do better than that! Don't make me call you know who (FHP) to come in and right your city!

Speakin of gulls. Ya'll got some real pin-ups working there now - like to batten down the old hatches with a few of them if you know what I mean. Just remember to honk your horns when I tip my hat to you's and give you my legendary Marty S. salute.

Well I got to be cleaning out my seabag now. I'll be ambling along Shore Boulevard in my Lark later today on my way to some wholesome debauchery at O'Maddy's. Stop by and trade tails with me.

Marty Shapiro - US Merchant Marine Service Veteran of WWII, Korea, Cuba (good times), Vietnam, Lebanon (a couple of times - boy did Beirut used to be the place!), Grenada, Panama (been thru that ditch more times than I care to count), Libya, Haiti (a couple of times too - wow did that place go down under and quick), 1st Persian Gulf War (got the rugs to prove it), Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan (still smells like the Ruskies are there) and Iraqi Freedom (just more rugs - lesser quality though), signing off!

07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I always wondered if Marty Shapiro=Curt Willocks?

07-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I always wondered if Marty Shapiro=Curt Willocks?

MMMM....I smell Pipe Smoke :wink:

07-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Mr. Marti Shaperio, I do believe you sir are a fraud, or a fink, however you choose to be called.

How old are you ?

If I do my math right, I think you are some where around 85, and you are still going out on missions.

For argument sake, if you were born in 1935, you would have been 9 years of age for WW2, and 19 for Korea (believable), 29 ish for Vietnam, your 40's for Beruit, same for Panama, 50'2 for the first Iraq war, and into your 60's or 70's presently.

And by the way, why would the merchant marines be in Afgahnastan? Are you now on a wooden raft.

I think you are a fake, and a disgrace to the real merchant marines.

I don't even know what a merchant marine is.

Sounds like a bunch of marines who would sell stuff, thus the merchant part.

07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I luv maritime Marty, he really has his thumb on the pulse of the city & I know his blogs are far to witty to be from dirty curty.

Marty watch yourself when you drive your lark over the brow to get aboard your skiff there capn because I want to start seeing weekly updates from you.

Here is a lyric i have come up with for a song ima writing = "Ive jonesin from stem to stern lookin for a smoke to burn"

Anyways Marty keep your head up and an eyes peeled for the monkey's fist as you set the mooring lines

07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Marty is a fake, there is no way he lives in town shores and rides a lark.

How would any person on a lark be able to stay aboard a ship, let alone captain said ship.

Maritime Marty needs to go to hell!

He is a disgrace to all that is right in this world.

I hope he goes out to sea and never comes back with all his neo-conservative views. I bet he is a republican too!

I bet he is for drilling in the gulf. Hell, I bet he would be all for drilling in the bay behind his ficticious condo. I bet MAritime Marty would like to see fisherman go out to sea and rape the oceans of fish.

Marty is nothing more than a ficticous war mogering coservative facist pig!