PDA

View Full Version : Where's the locals??

07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
FHP: Perry man arrested on DUI charges after crashing into mailbox
by nic corbett • democrat staff writer • July 25, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?
A Perry man was arrested on charges of drunken driving after he dropped a cigarette, reached for it and crashed into a mailbox, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

It happened about 3 p.m. Thursday on Millinor Road in Taylor County, troopers said.

Michael Waldorf, 53, was arrested on charges of DUI, DUI with property damage and careless driving. He was cited for not wearing a seatbelt.

Waldorf was not injured in the crash, troopers said.

07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
FHP: Perry man arrested on DUI charges after crashing into mailbox
by nic corbett • democrat staff writer • July 25, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?
A Perry man was arrested on charges of drunken driving after he dropped a cigarette, reached for it and crashed into a mailbox, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

It happened about 3 p.m. Thursday on Millinor Road in Taylor County, troopers said.

Michael Waldorf, 53, was arrested on charges of DUI, DUI with property damage and careless driving. He was cited for not wearing a seatbelt.

Waldorf was not injured in the crash, troopers said.

Doesn't FHP work all the Crashes outside the City Limits in Taylor County? I know that's the way it used to be. If it's changed, I hadn't heard.

FHPTROOPER
07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
To answer the questions, the Madison District covers Taylor,Madison and Jefferson Counties. In each of those counties we handle everything outside the city limits. If it is a crash and it happens outside the city limits of Perry, Madison or Monticello then the troopers handle it.
On the midnight shift we are 1 man for all three counties. So it is not uncommon to drive an hour to a minor traffic crash, I.E. deer wreck, truck stop parking lot crash, etc. Just part of living in north Florida I guess...

07-25-2008, 07:33 PM
To answer the questions, the Madison District covers Taylor,Madison and Jefferson Counties. In each of those counties we handle everything outside the city limits. If it is a crash and it happens outside the city limits of Perry, Madison or Monticello then the troopers handle it.
On the midnight shift we are 1 man for all three counties. So it is not uncommon to drive an hour to a minor traffic crash, I.E. deer wreck, truck stop parking lot crash, etc. Just part of living in north Florida I guess...

WOW THAT'S AWFUL! Thanks for the input

FHPTROOPER
07-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Midnights is the only thing that really sucks.... I can't complain though, I worked 1 crash on my last entire dayshift and work maybe 5 wrecks a month on busy months.

07-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow; 5 wrecks a month? In E, It's not uncommon to have 3-5 a day, everyday. I'm not complaining cause it makes the shift go fast, but it would be nice to have more proactive time.
Be Safe

07-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Wow; 5 wrecks a month? In E, It's not uncommon to have 3-5 a day, everyday. I'm not complaining cause it makes the shift go fast, but it would be nice to have more proactive time.
Be Safe

Wow 5 crashes, I get that many complaints in a month.