PDA

View Full Version : Random Belt Question

07-25-2008, 01:56 PM
What is your opinion on nylon duty belts?

07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
They look bad I think. I know of no other state police/highway patrol agency that uses them.

07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
They look bad I think. I know of no other state police/highway patrol agency that uses them.

really?

look cleaner and more up to date to me. just my 2 cents

07-25-2008, 07:41 PM

really?

go work for a sheriffs office if you want to look like them.

07-25-2008, 07:54 PM

really?

go work for a sheriffs office if you want to look like them.

why does always someone have to come on here and say something stupid. its just a conversation.... :roll:

07-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Check out Quartermaster's catalog for a nylon belt that looks enough like a regular FHP belt that I wore one for two years without no one being the wiser. They are called Mirage (brand).

07-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Ditto ditto deputy

07-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Check out Quartermaster's catalog for a nylon belt that looks enough like a regular FHP belt that I wore one for two years without no one being the wiser. They are called Mirage (brand).

Thanks!

07-26-2008, 09:50 PM

Thanks!

I like our current belts and gear we have now, I think it looks professional. Throw on some matching patent leather boots and the lawman is ready to work! :D

07-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I miss the three inch belts, cross draw and N-frame .357 revolver.

07-27-2008, 01:43 AM

The patten leather belt has a sharper and more clean look.
I personally also prefer the patten leather shoes (Coraframs) which matches the current belt. I don’t like the boots with our uniform and the patten leather belt.

I would never wear the boots in our uniform.

Yes, the nylon belt is cheaper and weigh less than the current belt, but it’s not the State Trooper look.

Maybe I am old school, but the nylon belt looks better with a City PD uniform.

My 2 cents.

Joe Lopez

07-27-2008, 03:34 AM
thanks Joe!

07-27-2008, 03:40 AM

They look tacky & flimsy, IMHO.

07-27-2008, 01:12 PM

They look tacky & flimsy, IMHO.

True that!

07-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Check out Quartermaster's catalog for a nylon belt that looks enough like a regular FHP belt that I wore one for two years without no one being the wiser.

So who finally busted ya?

07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

07-27-2008, 03:40 PM
They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

Have nothing against City Cops. I friends, family and neighbors who are city cops.

Have said that.

FHP was invloved with the Violent Street Crimes task force (Tourist Robberies) for many years during the 90's.

The neighborhood was the worst in the State of Florida Liberty City). Troopers were invloved everyday foot and car chases and including shooting bad guys.

Yes, we wore the patten leather gun belts during these details.

Function over fashion is a mental state of mind!

It can not apply across the board.

When its all said and done, wheather the bad guy was caught or not, your not blaming your gun belt hampared you.

Think about it.

07-27-2008, 03:41 PM
[quote="city cop":2at3imng]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion[/quote:2at3imng]

City Cop...

I have nothing against City Cops. I have friends, family and neighbors who are city cops.

Having said that.

FHP was involved with the Violent Street Crimes Task force (Tourist Robberies) for many years during the 90's.

The neighborhood was the worst in the State of Florida (Liberty City). Troopers were involved in everyday foot and car chases and including shooting bad guys.

It cannot be applied across the board.

When it’s all said and done, whether the bad guy was caught or not, your gun belt did not hamper you.

Think about it.

Joe Lopez

07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
[quote="city cop":1w5f2nzp]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

Have nothing against City Cops. I friends, family and neighbors who are city cops.

Have said that.

FHP was invloved with the Violent Street Crimes task force (Tourist Robberies) for many years during the 90's.

The neighborhood was the worst in the State of Florida Liberty City). Troopers were invloved everyday foot and car chases and including shooting bad guys.

When its all said and done, wheather the bad guy was caught or not, your not blaming your gun belt hampared you.

Think about it.[/quote:1w5f2nzp]

how come we don't do anything like this now with the locals?

07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
[quote="city cop":327ehh7o]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

Have said that.

Think about it.

how come we don't do anything like this now with the locals?[/quote:327ehh7o]

Manpower..

07-28-2008, 12:16 AM
[quote="Joe Lopez":33r76oy2][quote="city cop":33r76oy2]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

Have said that.

Think about it.

how come we don't do anything like this now with the locals?[/quote:33r76oy2]

Manpower..[/quote:33r76oy2]

FHP had step plan in 90's?

07-28-2008, 01:27 AM

Technically, yes. It was not funded by our wonderful legislature. The last step raise I can recall was like 1992. It's been so long I can't really remember the exact year...

07-28-2008, 01:33 AM

Technically, yes. It was not funded by our wonderful legislature. The last step raise I can recall was like 1992. It's been so long I can't really remember the exact year...

92 wow :shock:

07-28-2008, 01:49 AM

1990 was the last step pay raise.

For some reason I only remember getting five steps.

Joe

07-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Damn...

07-28-2008, 02:09 AM

Joe

Joe,

What is going on with the blouses?

07-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Joe,

What he is trying to say is that the leather looks better but the nylon belts do exactly the same however they are lighter and more flexable. The nylon may not be as FASIONABLE but they are more FUNCTIONABLE then the leather.

07-28-2008, 05:11 AM
[quote="Joe Lopez":ta4k72zg][quote="city cop":ta4k72zg]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

I have nothing against City Cops. I have friends, family and neighbors who are city cops.

Having said that.

FHP was involved with the Violent Street Crimes Task force (Tourist Robberies) for many years during the 90's.

The neighborhood was the worst in the State of Florida (Liberty City). Troopers were involved in everyday foot and car chases and including shooting bad guys.

When it’s all said and done, whether the bad guy was caught or not, your gun belt did not hamper you.

Think about it.

Joe Lopez[/quote:ta4k72zg][/quote:ta4k72zg] Are you really bragging about something FHP did almost 20 years ago? Thats the best argument you can present is something that FHP (many of whom are probablly not here any more) did almost 20 years ago, the same thing real cops do every night to this day???

07-28-2008, 07:12 AM
We just did a pursuit at 100 mph from Bartow to downtown Lakeland on two suspects that just committed a murder with a firearm in Ft Meade. Two in custody, firearm recovered, and the shooter identified! What were you guys doing?

Come on over ... always looking for good help ...

07-28-2008, 08:41 AM
As a State Trooper, I'll keep my shiny gear thank you.

07-28-2008, 08:46 AM
We just did a pursuit at 100 mph from Bartow to downtown Lakeland on two suspects that just committed a murder with a firearm in Ft Meade. Two in custody, firearm recovered, and the shooter identified! What were you guys doing?

Come on over ... always looking for good help ... Writing tickets and telling ourselves we what we do is more important then real police work, duh!

07-28-2008, 12:34 PM

Joe

Joe,

What is going on with the blouses?

The Col put out an e-mail on the blouses about two weeks ago regarding an update on the blouse.

FHP's vendor (vanity fair) submitted a prototype but still needed some work. The blouse was sent back for corrections and that was about two ago.

We are hoping that this will not take too much time.

Joe

07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
[quote="Joe Lopez":36c54w8t][quote="city cop":36c54w8t]They are great... when your talking about doing real police work such as chasing scumbags through the projects. Trust me I know. Function over fashion

City Cop...

Having said that.

Think about it.

Joe Lopez Are you really bragging about something FHP did almost 20 years ago? Thats the best argument you can present is something that FHP (many of whom are probablly not here any more) did almost 20 years ago, the same thing real cops do every night to this day???[/quote:36c54w8t][/quote:36c54w8t]

You missed the point..

Joe was making a point about the pros and cons on the belt.

But you’re so fixated about bashing FHP you cannot see the trees in the Forest.

You appear to be immature and anti-FHP.

By the way, this detail went on from 1994 - 2000.

How did you get 20 yrs?

Oh, I forgot, you cannot see the trees in the Forest.

07-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Come on over ... always looking for good help ...

fhp is always 10-66'd :x

07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
The Col put out an e-mail on the blouses about two weeks ago regarding an update on the blouse.

FHP's vendor (vanity fair) submitted a prototype but still needed some work. The blouse was sent back for corrections and that was about two ago.

Joe

Another buy your own deal.....Priceless

07-28-2008, 10:40 PM

Joe

its the fhp way! :cry:

07-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Joe

Dont throw the towel in yet. The Col is trying to work something out.

07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
[quote="Joe Lopez":2twmoqpl]

Joe

Oh Goody! More stuff we can pay for out of our own pockets!!!!!

Dont throw the towel in yet. The Col is trying to work something out.[/quote:2twmoqpl]