PDA

View Full Version : Raffle to benefit Capt Hodson

07-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I am holding a raffle to raise funds for Capt Hodson and his family. As you all know, Carl and his family lost thier house and all its contents in a fire in May.

I am raffling a 3 day 2 night stay at a resort condo in one of the following locations: Destin, Daytona Beach, Orlando, or Ft Lauderdale. The tickets are $5.00 per ticket or 5 for $20.00. Every cent will go to Carl and his family. The raffle will be held on August 21, 2008. If you are interested in purchasing a ticket contact Dianna Ullery, Donna Faukner, or Rubin Gardner.

Thanks
Dianna

08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Very good idea... I will be contacting you...

08-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey mater hater 111,
I know for a fact that Dianna has been very good friends with the Hodson family prior to Carl being promoted. The Hodson family lost every thing and they need help with rebuilding thier lives. Lets hope your family never experinces anything like the hodson's have and people have the same reaction you do.

08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey mater hater III, you really are a great role model for the agency, or even for state law enforcement. Why don't you do everyone a favor, including your family just go away.

08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
This is the final week to purchase the raffle tickets. Capt Hodson will be in Gainesville on August 21, 2008 to draw the winning ticket. Thank you to everyone who have participated in this drawing.

Dianna Ullery

08-16-2008, 12:57 AM
This is the second time I’ve posted on this site. I’m only doing it now because, as like the first time, I’m so appalled at a situation.
I talked to Dianna this A.M. and found out that she has collected far more money from people outside the agency than from within.
I threw a couple bucks in the pot every time somebody had a birth or a death or a retirement. It’s called decency. The price of a pack of smokes or a drive threw meal isn’t going to kill anybody. Any body that has ever been through the range knows, or should know, that Carl is a decent person. Aren’t you always *****ing about what uncaring and callous persons we have in upper management? Well, he doesn’t fit that bill. I know, I know, he’s a captain; he’s got a big pay check, screw him. If memory serves me correct, he came from the ramp. Somebody needs to take the lead at every station and pass the hat and get it off to Dianna. This isn’t charity people it’s doing the right thing. Seems I said that before. I’ll probably regret putting my name on this, but if you’re going say something you should have enough fortitude to sign your name.

08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
This is the second time I’ve posted on this site. I’m only doing it now because, as like the first time, I’m so appalled at a situation.
I talked to Dianna this A.M. and found out that she has collected far more money from people outside the agency than from within.
I threw a couple bucks in the pot every time somebody had a birth or a death or a retirement. It’s called decency. The price of a pack of smokes or a drive threw meal isn’t going to kill anybody. Any body that has ever been through the range knows, or should know, that Carl is a decent person. Aren’t you always *****ing about what uncaring and callous persons we have in upper management? Well, he doesn’t fit that bill. I know, I know, he’s a captain; he’s got a big pay check, screw him. If memory serves me correct, he came from the ramp. Somebody needs to take the lead at every station and pass the hat and get it off to Dianna. This isn’t charity people it’s doing the right thing. Seems I said that before. I’ll probably regret putting my name on this, but if you’re going say something you should have enough fortitude to sign your name.

Decency is not blowing one's own horn for what you have given for and to.

If I am not mistaken there was an account set up at FLAG for people to donate to help the Hodson Family, also if I am not mistaken this is done "ANONYMOUSLY" or at least can be. I do not think we will ever know, nor should we how much was given or who gave it. It is no one's buisness. Some people just like to give with out the benefit of recieving something in return, it is shameful to give expecting something in return. Is it not better to give than recieve? Is it really giving if you gain the chance to win something, is that not an exchange?

I did not need the benefit of a possible chance of winning something to give, nor do I wish to recieve credit or thanks for doing it, so I will just sign this as GUEST.

There is a difference between fortitude and self-aggrandizement.

08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
This sight is unfortunatley a disgrace to the agency, S.E. James is so right, we are family. We at the least have to have each others backs, because we know that no one else will. By the way, the brass in Tallahassee gave money as they have done for many of our troops, they didn't do it because Carl is a Captain, they did it because it was the right thing to do. Dianna is not doing this to kiss butt, she is doing it because she cares. The economy is terrible and things will get worse before they get better, we need to stick together and stop disgracing ourselves with stuff like mater hater and other fools post.

08-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Everyone could at anytime be in the dismay which Carl has fell unto. He's a great guy which has worked his way into this agency. He has chosen to go far as he can and has done very well. He's a law mans lawman plain and simple. If you have a few buck to spare, spare it. Carl would do the same for you. loosing your home and all possessions is probably one of the hardest slaps to endure. Don't come here and fewd when a real brother is in need. Just give what you can and know for this will be used to pull this family back together. A hard working family which has helped many in the past. Its our turn. Just remember if you can't say something positive here, just don't say it and keep it within yourself. :cop:

08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Self Aggrandizement? I had to look that one up. O.K. I’m clear on it now.
Getting into an argument on the internet is like a one legged man entering a butt kicking contest.
I think you read something into my post that I didn’t intend. I’m not saying I’m a saint for throwing a couple of bucks in the pot when it goes around.
I was trying to convey the following:
When I talked to a former coworker about it, the response I got was just what I said, a comment that he was brass, and could fend for himself. I have no idea what has been collected or by whom. My take was that rank and file of this agency had not done much. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I didn’t know about the FLAG account or about this deal until a few days ago. I know that this site is regularly viewed on the interstates. I was hoping it would spur someone into kicking in if they hadn’t.
This is ten minutes of my life I will never get back. No hard feelings and I will still kick in a buck or two for flowers when you die or a plaque when you retire.

08-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Thank you to everyone who took part in the raffle. The raffle raised around $400.00. The wining ticket was pulled today due tothe recent storms. the winner of the trip is LT CoHoon. Once again thanks.
Dianna