PDA

View Full Version : FHP Academy teaching new troopers to write bogus citations?

07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Seems the new troopers are stopping people for one violation and telling the violator not to give the trooper their registrations and insurance, then the new troopers are writing citations for failing to carry registration and no proof of insurance as well as issuing a warning for violation that was committed.

I hope Tallahassee puts an end to this BS.

No wonder the public has no respect for troopers any more.

07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Seems the new troopers are stopping people for one violation and telling the violator not to give the trooper their registrations and insurance, then the new troopers are writing citations for failing to carry registration and no proof of insurance as well as issuing a warning for violation that was committed.

Way to prevent points on the violator

07-24-2008, 04:55 PM

It is also falsification of records.

Wait until one of those people you gave that break to takes your no insurance and no registration tickets to court and testifies in front of everyone and the judge that he had his registration and insurance that day the trooper gave me these tickets instead of the speeding ticket for the violation I did commit.

Boy does that make the patrol look bad in front of the public and your credibility is now shot not only with the public but with that judge.

When you have criminal case in front of that same judge he will remember you are the same trooper who writes false tickets to people for violations they did not commit.

How is he to believe your criminal ticket is legit?

I have seen to many troopers embarrassed in court like that over the years.

07-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Credibility is the only thing you have as an officer in court, if you expose yourself to the judge as not being credible because you write people citations for violations they did not commit, you have just killed your shot at putting away that person who did something really bad.

Stop and think about what you are doing people, once your credibility is gone with the judges you might as well just stop being a cop.

07-24-2008, 05:07 PM

If you don't want the violator to get points then just give them a warning and send them on their way, you don't write false activity in order to pad your stats on your weekly reports.

You make us all look bad.

07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
The academy is not teaching this to the Troopers, It's the lazy Trooper who wants to stay out of court. I know of several Troopers in my district who does this all the time because he does not like going to court, so he will stop a violator for speeding and issue the ma ticket for not wearing there seatbelt even though they were wearing there seatbelt.

I brought this up with a Sgt. and the Sgt defended the Trooper , he said that he does not see anythig wrong with what he is doing.

And the amazing thing that Trooper is getting a Charger. This BS needs to stop.

07-24-2008, 05:24 PM
The academy is not teaching this to the Troopers, It's the lazy Trooper who wants to stay out of court. I know of several Troopers in my district who does this all the time because he does not like going to court, so he will stop a violator for speeding and issue the ma ticket for not wearing there seatbelt even though they were wearing there seatbelt.

I brought this up with a Sgt. and the Sgt defended the Trooper , he said that he does not see anythig wrong with what he is doing.

That Sergeant should be disciplined for failing to perform his job duties, the Trooper should be fired for falsification of records and the violators should have every one of those false citations dismissed by the court system.

I hear everyone crying about having to do all these details, the reason you are having to do all these details is because you are having to prop up these illegal citations.

Activity is down, your zone partner is writing bogus citations while you write proper citations now you have to work even harder and do details because of Troopers who submitted false activity in the past is being counted as the patrols activity from the year before.

07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
i didnt learn this from the academy, learned it from a senior trooper. now shove that up your rookie hating ass.

07-24-2008, 05:28 PM

im ok with this...

07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
i didnt learn this from the academy, learned it from a senior trooper. now shove that up your rookie hating ass.

:shock: IF what you posted above is true, AND YOU engage in that behavior, you should be ashamed of yourself. IF any supervisor knows of your behavior, and doesn't pull a "D" # on you, that supervisor should be terminated.
False charges are expected from barbarians and thieves. False charges by troopers is a disgusting behavior. Perhaps when you are falsely accused of improper activity by a citizen, then, perhaps, you will understand the egregiousness of your sloven actions.
If you can't do the job honestly, you need to be terminated. You disgust me and have tarnished the whole Patrol. :x

07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
That's why I write the violation and no one can complain.

Whiner

07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I can't believe this occurs with my co-workers, even if it is a select few. To write tickets for something that is bogus blows my mind. I remember when people used to argue that writing someone a reduced speeding ticket (9 over) was not ethical because it is not what you clocked them at. However, even without a degree in advanced physics, you can articulate that a car clocked at 15 over the speed limit had to decrease speed to 9 over on the way to a stop. I thought that was a heated discussion...now I hear this.

Now I have to hear this trash. Keep some standards in this department. Zone partners need to get in someone's face about this. Our reputation relies on ethics. I will never need activity enough to stretch the truth. If you are a person who does, I would rather you write no activity than bogus.

If you call me a whiner, that is fine, but at least I can go into court and leave court holding my head proudly on my charges.

07-24-2008, 09:39 PM
I AGREE WITH YOU POSITIVE TROOPER!!!!!THERE IS PLENTY OF LEGITIMATE ACTIVITY AVAILABLE THAT THERE IS NO NEED TO BS SOMEONE.....

07-24-2008, 10:07 PM
positive trooper, FYI writing someone for a different speed than you clocked them can be just as dishonest as the BS no registration deal. Yes, they do have to, at some point, slow down to the speed that you wrote, but not necessarily in the speed zone that that you clocked them in. In other words, if you clock them at 40 in a 25, and write them for 35 in a 25, they may have never been at 35 in a 25, etc. I know its a bit overly technical, but it is still true. I either write them for speed unassigned or the real deal.

07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
positive trooper, FYI writing someone for a different speed than you clocked them can be just as dishonest as the BS no registration deal. Yes, they do have to, at some point, slow down to the speed that you wrote, but not necessarily in the speed zone that that you clocked them in. In other words, if you clock them at 40 in a 25, and write them for 35 in a 25, they may have never been at 35 in a 25, etc. I know its a bit overly technical, but it is still true. I either write them for speed unassigned or the real deal.

I will agree, I should have been more clear. My statement was more along of the lines of a consistent speed zone such as areas where I work where the Interstate Speed is the same throughout (excluding constuction, etc).

I would assume you would agree that if the speed limit was the same throughout the areas of speed measurement, overtaking, and stopping that the physics scenario is correct.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the intelligent reply because I should have been more clear about the example. Good thinking!

07-25-2008, 12:20 AM
We have a trooper that writes half of all her citations for Fail to Carry DL and has numerous speed warnings. I think she is scared of conflict.

07-25-2008, 02:24 AM
We have a trooper that writes half of all her citations for Fail to Carry DL and has numerous speed warnings. I think she is scared of conflict.

na prob just bit to nice

07-25-2008, 03:14 AM

:shock: IF what you posted above is true, AND YOU engage in that behavior, you should be ashamed of yourself. IF any supervisor knows of your behavior, and doesn't pull a "D" # on you, that supervisor should be terminated.
False charges are expected from barbarians and thieves. False charges by troopers is a disgusting behavior. Perhaps when you are falsely accused of improper activity by a citizen, then, perhaps, you will understand the egregiousness of your sloven actions.
If you can't do the job honestly, you need to be terminated. You disgust me and have tarnished the whole Patrol. :x

I know of one who's Sergeant was told and his Lieutenant was told, both blew off the troopers who brought it to their attention.

The monthly stat sheet looked better with his bogus activity then it would if he wrote only what he pulled people over for.

07-26-2008, 04:39 AM

Hahaha, right on!! "That" trooper does not deserve a Charger. He writes BS tickets all the time. Stops them for speed, writes for insurance and no registration. That trooper HAS TO GO!!!

07-26-2008, 05:26 AM
If you verify the speed as the vehicle slows, then you can write the reduced speed on the citation. There nothing wrong with a break. It shows you have a heart.

07-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Hahaha, right on!! "That" trooper does not deserve a Charger. He writes BS tickets all the time. Stops them for speed, writes for insurance and no registration. That trooper HAS TO GO!!!

===============================================

FHP needs more like that Trooper. He shows activity and costs the state more to process the ticket then it takes in from the fine. Protect your job and give them nothing, it's a start.

07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
hEY KNUCKLE HEAD OF THE POST THE ACADEMY DOES NOT TEACH THAT. ONLY SENIOR TROOPERS TEACH THAT. WHAT THE HEC ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

07-27-2008, 03:45 AM
all departments do this...nothing new. not a big deal

07-27-2008, 05:16 PM

I for one do not pull that kind of stuff.

If you get pulled for speeding from me you get a citation or a written warning, I never write you for a violation you did not commit.

My credibility is intact, yours on the other hand is gone.

07-27-2008, 05:54 PM

I for one do not pull that kind of stuff.

If you get pulled for speeding from me you get a citation or a written warning, I never write you for a violation you did not commit.

My credibility is intact, yours on the other hand is gone.

'Nuff said!

07-27-2008, 05:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with clocking someone at 61 mph in a 30 zone. Then writing them for 20 over. You still gave them a citation. Cut them a break on fine. Made it so they didn't have to go to court. It's giving them a small break. However write my brother a no V/R ticket and not a speeding ticket. Watch me rip your ass a new one in court. My close would be this. Your honor if he lied about the no valid registration ticket, how can we trust that he made the stop with just cause? He said that my client was speeding! However with him lying in the ticket we are here for, how credible is this trooper?

07-27-2008, 09:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with clocking someone at 61 mph in a 30 zone. Then writing them for 20 over. You still gave them a citation. Cut them a break on fine. Made it so they didn't have to go to court. It's giving them a small break. However write my brother a no V/R ticket and not a speeding ticket. Watch me rip your ass a new one in court. My close would be this. Your honor if he lied about the no valid registration ticket, how can we trust that he made the stop with just cause? He said that my client was speeding! However with him lying in the ticket we are here for, how credible is this trooper?

Agree with you on this, once you get exposed in court you have just done yourself in with that judge for any serious cases you may have in front of him or her.