PDA

View Full Version : About the department

07-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Can someone tell me a little bit about the department? I have an application there and it is moving foward. Does the department take care of you? Do you have problems getting 94's fast? Do you think the department will give take home cars with the new contract?
Please provide as many information as possible.
Thank you

07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm just curious if you applied as certified or not. I just dropped in my app my self. I guess we have to wait and see.

07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Here is some positive things I here!

1) The pay is not top notch but at least there hiring.
2) Their is computers in cars.
3) The majority of the vehicles I've seen look clean.
4) There is no take home car program not sure why! I hear this would boost morale and officer retention not to mention save the city money on maintenance bills, ETC.
5) If your new to Law Enforcement get ready to learn how to be a REAL cop this city has it all. If your experienced and looking to return to Law Enforcement then your what they looking for.
6) I do not hear much negative things or bashing of other officers but I'm sure every agency has there winers.
7) I understand there was a manpower issue or it does exist, The city hiring I'm sure with changes in the contract like pay, take home vehicle program, and ways to keep current officers intrested they will stay.
8) CRIME well there are gang issues, drugs, robberies, shootings, the city has a high rate of low income residents so be prepared to learn how to use your MOUTH to get out of sticky situations.

Just remember if your hired SHUT YOUR MOUTH, OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS. Don't think you more then the FTO (YOU DON'T!!!!!) and prepared every day with paper and a pen! Take notes and do as your told until your probation is over. Things will go ALOT smoother when your eager to learn and pass FTO!!!!

I hope this help GOOD LUCK, STAY SAFE!!! 8)

07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Good information but LOTS of mispellings...LOL

07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
How do you guys think the new contract is going to be? They need to make it just a bit more appealing to cops already on bored, or guys coming on. Was there ever a talk of merge with the SO?

07-27-2008, 05:25 PM
You mean on board, right? and cops coming in, right?

07-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Now that I'm sober I can see I missed a few things!!!! Sorry for the errors :shock: I was on my eight beer, third double yager shot and trying to stay awake when I was typing! 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
How about some more info about the department? I'm certified, looking to get back on the job quick. How long is the process and how many are they hiring? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
You can really get ahead if you get in the click with Curley and crew they will show you all the wrong ways to do things and will either get you arrested or fired being a drunk will help and there are a lot of corrupt cops over here at this department. The good side is there is plenty of action.

05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
"Get in the crew"? all you gotta do is do you job. It's losers like you that give the department a bad rap and name. If you hate it here so much, take your ass somewhere else; Oh, wait you probably cant. Do your job and keep your negative comments to your punk ass....

05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Well now seems to me that we hit a nerve here, hey jerk no where did I say that all the officers in Riviera were bad What I said was that the few in Admin were bad starting right at the top, right Curley? with all of Curley's crew either retireing or quiting Curly is recruting more to do his dirty work because he is a gutless coward the good thing is that someday he will get caught and get exactly what's coming to him what suprises me is that Gal-A - Goof jumped ship. Doing your job has nothing to do with the fact that Curley Top is dirty and drags anyone that will join his crusade into his corruption leaving them to figure it out for themselves that my freind is what gives this department a bad name not the hard workng officers that go out on the streets of Riviera only to be looked down upon because of there boss so have another drink and look at your so called boss.

06-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Well now seems to me that we hit a nerve here, hey jerk no where did I say that all the officers in Riviera were bad What I said was that the few in Admin were bad starting right at the top, right Curley? with all of Curley's crew either retireing or quiting Curly is recruting more to do his dirty work because he is a gutless coward the good thing is that someday he will get caught and get exactly what's coming to him what suprises me is that Gal-A - Goof jumped ship. Doing your job has nothing to do with the fact that Curley Top is dirty and drags anyone that will join his crusade into his corruption leaving them to figure it out for themselves that my freind is what gives this department a bad name not the hard workng officers that go out on the streets of Riviera only to be looked down upon because of there boss so have another drink and look at your so called boss.

JEALOUSY THATS ALL

07-16-2009, 10:59 PM
RBPD isn't accepting applications right now. The department is on a hiring freeze like everyone else. :(

10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
RBPD isn't accepting applications right now. The department is on a hiring freeze like everyone else. :(

IF PEOPLE ARE STILL LOOKING AT THIS PARTICULAR POST...
COME ABOARD...THIS AGENCY HAS WHAT EVERYONE ISLOOKING FOR...

YOU DO NEED TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, SHOW UP ON TIME AND LEARN YOUR JOB. YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TO GET A MURDER, A SHOOTING, A HOSTAGE SITUATION OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT DESIRE TO WORK. YOU WON'T BE WORKING IT AS FAR AS AN INVESTIGATIVE LEVEL , BUT, IF YOU OPEN YOUR EYES, SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND PAY ATTENTION, YOU WILL HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE IN THIS CITY IN 3 YEARS THAN ANY OTHER POLICE OFFICER IN FLORIDA WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOUR REALLY REALLY LARGE AGENCIES, WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE JOB FOR 10. DON'T COME ON BOARD IF YOU ARE LAZY AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL...THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR YOU BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL SOME SENIOR OFFICERS ON BOARD THAT KNOW MORE THAN YOU EVEN IF THEY WERE BLINDFOLDED.

THE PAY ISN'T GOOD, BUT, HEY ...RIGHT NOW WITH ALL THE LAYOFFS AROUND THE COUNTRY, IT'S BETTER THAN SOME AND WE USED TO NOT BE ABLE TO SAY ANNYTHING LIKE THAT.

AS FAR AS THE CURLEY CREW CRACK SOMEONE ELSE WROTE...I'M NOT PART OF ANY CREW, HOWEVER, I'VE LEARNED FROM EVERYONE IN THAT DEPARTMENT AND I'M DOING GREAT!!!!

REMEMBER..THAT EVERY AGENCY HAS PROBLEMS. IT JUST SEEMS THAT OUR'S SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE MAGNIFIED...BUT IF YOU WANT A TRUE READ ON OTHER AGENCIES AND HOW FELLOW OFFICERS TALK ABOUT EACH OTHER, GO TO THEM YOU WILL SEE....

10-11-2009, 01:39 AM
So I take it there is no hiring freeze with RBPD? I'm FL. certified with experience and am interested in RBPD. I hate boredom and like to be busy so a heavy workload dosent bother me. How long is the process for certified LEO?

Thanks and stay safe!

10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
So I take it there is no hiring freeze with RBPD? I'm FL. certified with experience and am interested in RBPD. I hate boredom and like to be busy so a heavy workload dosent bother me. How long is the process for certified LEO?

Thanks and stay safe!

yes there is always hiring freezes all over ..however, we have some people that have left .... we didn't want them to, but, they did ....couple got a better offer and one retired

process is just like everyone else. make contact with det vassell asap tuesday ...
get the process rolling i don't know what they are doing ...but if you are certified get in there it's better than not even trying ... if you come aboard..welcome...remember what the last comment said..it actually makes sense....

i love riviera ..wish th ere was more money, but, hey ..it is what it is...but ....get ready to rock n roll

10-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree with last two ....Don't pay attention to all the negative hype that you read on this page or any other page of any other department that you may go to. You need to remember to make your own opinions about people and act accordingly.

we have a tough agency, externally and internally as in any other place.

As far as "Curleys Crew", there is no such thing. Don't read into that garbage.

Just come aboard and work hard and you will be able to accomplish what you want. If your lazy, don't even bother to apply.