PDA

View Full Version : still blue

07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
In Your Face......Bartow Remains Blue

07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I hope the city puts the money where their mouth is. If the city would support the police more, better equipment/training/benefits I have no problem being a city resident. If they don't then I have issue with not going with the SO.

You can say what you want "bpd ticket writer" about in your face but I hope you agree with some if not all of my comment.

07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
BPD doesn't lack in training or benefits. The sworn, as well as the non-sworn, are all properly trained and the sworn have a d@$n good pension with 20 and out with no age penalty, drop program and cola. There is always room for improvement, but BPD will be just fine. The problems in Bartow are city wide, and the responsibilty should be shared. Don't put the blame on BPD. Its time to move forward.

07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
I wish you guys all the best. Please hire a chief that is not looking for pension #2 or 3. Good luck from a friend in green!! PUDGE FO CHIEF!!

07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
I wish you guys all the best. Please hire a chief that is not looking for pension #2 or 3. Good luck from a friend in green!! PUDGE FO CHIEF!!

I agree 100%, love him or hate him, pudge has leadership skilz that can't be aruged against.

07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
In our face -- bartow remains blue.. are you kidding me.. you're excited because you remain a back woods band of yuk yuks. havent you caught on to the sad reality that you own city leaders want to unload you. the sheriff's office will only save your city money. why dont you see the sheriff out trying to bring you on board ? read between the lines, you're not wanted.

07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
dude, dont you have an advanced customer care class tonight? your going to be late and miss gradys intro on the big screen! oh my bad.............pride in service. i always forget that at the end, as well as all those letters after my name. CPM DR. BA K-9 MBA. :lol:

07-26-2008, 04:17 AM
All those letters behind your name.. very impressive,, yet you still work for a sub-standard department who's own city leaders are trying to unload you onto the sheriff's office. I dont know anything about the customer care you are talking about because I dont work there. Im basing my statements from what I read in the newspaper. or maybe I misunderstood you city council's repeated attempts to pass off your department. Instead of assuming im the enemy, maybe you and your officers should approach your mayor, city manager ect and ASK THEM why they are constantly trying to drop you ?

07-26-2008, 09:52 AM
oh im sorry i stopped paying attention after you said the letters after my name were impressive! :!: maybe one day ill have time to read the rest.

07-26-2008, 01:07 PM
"guest: ...... you still work for a sub-standard Police department"

So you conclued that OUR police department is sub-standard because of what you read in the news paper. Sub-standard: of a quality lower than that prescribed by law. One should not use words that one does not know the meaning of, it make one seem ignorant.

Bartow Police Department receives the same prescribed training that PCSO, Winter Haven, Lake land and Miami law enforcement officers receive. It mandated by law and tracked by FDLE.

"Some" city leaders gave thought to a possible money saving contract with PCSO but the majority voted not to merge. (that was in the paper too).

The empoyees of the Bartow Police Department (sworn and non-sworn) have served the citizens of Bartow through many lean years. During the city commission meeting not one person stood before the commission opposing the Police department. Not having the newest equipment or the latest computer software does not make a better department.

Providing critical services with the means at hand is called dedication not sub-standard. Do we have a "Miami CSI"?, no. Do we have a 40 man swat team?, no. Do we have a brand new building?, no.

But I can bet that if you come to Bartow, show your ass, the proper amount of force will be used to take you into custody and you will be a guest at Sheriff Judd's hotel, "priceless".

07-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Why all the hostility for the SO. You wanted to remain a PD, You got that. "GREAT." From a D/S standpoint it realy doesn't matter. If you needed S35, do you realy think any deputy would see Green or Blue?

I can assure you not the ones I work with. Good Luck and more importantly Lets all stay SAFE...

08-04-2008, 07:23 PM
The rank and file of BPD have no issue with PCSO. We, just like every other LEO, have a few weak small minded trolls that like to go back and forth.

If PCSO or any other LEO needs us we will be there for them.

08-10-2008, 11:25 PM
My understanding is the deal was nixed after Grady found out he would have to pay by the pound. I mean, have you taken a good look at some of those lard azzez? Holy Jeesh. Chase a bad guy? Not unless the bad guy has a Krispy Kreme hanging 'round his neck.

08-11-2008, 01:55 AM
[quote="spec ops":3p2yzymj]I wish you guys all the best. Please hire a chief that is not looking for pension #2 or 3. Good luck from a friend in green!! PUDGE FO CHIEF!!

I agree 100%, love him or hate him, pudge has leadership skilz that can't be aruged against.[/quote:3p2yzymj]

Back to more important stuff, little pudgkins would be a great chief.

08-11-2008, 04:38 PM

So you conclued that OUR police department is sub-standard because of what you read in the news paper.

Take a good look at the UCR reports at the FDLE website. Bartow leads in almost every crime catagory, and has one of the lowest solve rates. Nice job!

08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
still blue are you so mad because pcso wouldn't hire you in the first place

08-12-2008, 08:18 PM
i agree!!! :lol:

08-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Wow, I tried to show a little BPD pride and look what happened^,,,. I for one took an oath for my city and love working here. I believe good things are coming...(we might have to wait) but they are coming. Who ever wants to go green, just go already. Why are you still here. (no offense psco).. The citizens Have spoken, and whoever has a problem with that...get a pcso job application "in your face, again"

08-21-2008, 01:08 PM

So you conclued that OUR police department is sub-standard because of what you read in the news paper.

Take a good look at the UCR reports at the FDLE website. Bartow leads in almost every crime catagory, and has one of the lowest solve rates. Nice job!

UCR are imperfect statistics and really cannot be used to compare agencies.

08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
[quote="yes sir":ra9y6llp][quote="spec ops":ra9y6llp]I wish you guys all the best. Please hire a chief that is not looking for pension #2 or 3. Good luck from a friend in green!! PUDGE FO CHIEF!!

I agree 100%, love him or hate him, pudge has leadership skilz that can't be aruged against.[/quote:ra9y6llp]

Back to more important stuff, little pudgkins would be a great chief.[/quote:ra9y6llp]

Hell, I'd vote for Pudge for PRESIDENT!

08-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Most of your officers have tried applying for PCSO and were denied. Pride in your city is great, but change is not always bad.

08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Most of your officers have tried applying for PCSO and were denied. Pride in your city is great, but change is not always bad.

Really, most of them, being more than fifty percent ya think. I would be interested in some factual research to be done on the that, cause that sounds like propaganda. I can only think of like 3 or 4. I know we just hired a guy that left the sheriff's office. I would really really like to see some actual numbers on that "so sad" unless ofcourse you just talking out your a$$.

09-04-2008, 02:59 AM

Right. That's always used as an excuse by an agency with a high crime rate. It's the ONLY report card to the public on how good a job you do. Bartow's numbers suck. If you had the LOWEST crime rate, you'd be thumping your chest saying "LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME"

09-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Right. That's always used as an excuse by an agency with a high crime rate. It's the ONLY report card to the public on how good a job you do. Bartow's numbers suck. If you had the LOWEST crime rate, you'd be thumping your chest saying "LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME"

If you must use the UCR numbers, look again at Bartow. The clearance rate average for 14 agencies in Polk County (FHP excluded - their numbers skew the average) is 20.17; Bartow's clearance is 20.1, or the mathematical average of all the agencies in the county. The total crime index for Polk County is 23.59; the index for Bartow is 13.08.

So, according to the UCR numbers, which is not the only report card available to the public (ever hear of the NCVS or NIBRS?) Bartow is average for crime clearance and presents a lower crime rate when compared to other jurisdictions in the county.

09-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Clearance rate means nothing. Davenport has 10 burglaries, 1 guy does 5 and confesses so they have a 50% clearance. Big yank.

Compare apples to apples. Look at the total crimes reported for property and violent crimes. Compare those number to like size cities. Bartow leads the pack. Look at the crimes/population. Higher crime rate than Lakeland. Clearance is AFTER the fact. Too late. Victims already. It's the crime on the FRONT end that needs to be handled in addition to solving. Get it now? It's not that tough to follow.

09-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Clearance rate means nothing. Davenport has 10 burglaries, 1 guy does 5 and confesses so they have a 50% clearance. Big yank.

Compare apples to apples. Look at the total crimes reported for property and violent crimes. Compare those number to like size cities. Bartow leads the pack. Look at the crimes/population. Higher crime rate than Lakeland. Clearance is AFTER the fact. Too late. Victims already. It's the crime on the FRONT end that needs to be handled in addition to solving. Get it now? It's not that tough to follow.

Look, pal, I didn't make snide comments about the other poster and I don't appreciate an unwarranted attack. My comments on UCR started off that they are a poor indicator of crime in a particular location and cannot be used to compare to other jurisdictions. In the post you took exception to I was merely pointing out the use of UCR in Bartow and Polk County.

The single largest problem with UCR is the reporting by the individual agency. There is no absolute standard that is used, only the FBI's handbook. The data provided is always a product of the agency and its administration. If Agency "A" wants to report a burglary as a criminal trespass, there is nothing to stop them; FDLE is not going to do a report-by-report audit.

Bartow's numbers are not outrageous and nothing that can't be improved. How and by whom remain to be seen. Follow that?