PDA

View Full Version : I know your reading this Tallahassee

07-21-2008, 05:03 AM
I know you guys have to be reading this stuff. Can any one in the big house comment on what you are hearing from the officers? Do you not think that we are possibly heading in the wrong direction. Of every topic on these pages, I don't see to many positive comments (WE CALL THAT A CLUE). Man I get frustrated, knowing I love this job, but work for a bunch of people who don't care and that have no clue about what is going on in the field.

07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
They are reading....but put no weight on the comments. Read through every blog. Every time someone makes a positive comment or counter comment they are jumped on and ambushed, called "rookies", or "newbies". How many times do you think it has to take for people to realize that this is just a B**ch blog and dominated by the minority (20-30???) Nothing good will ever come from this blog...it is meaningless to the masses...(no, not just GHQ...)many have come with good intentions, only to never return. Go ahead, tell me to keep drinking the Koolaid(proper spelling by the way)

07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
They are reading....but put no weight on the comments. Read through every blog. Every time someone makes a positive comment or counter comment they are jumped on and ambushed, called "rookies", or "newbies". How many times do you think it has to take for people to realize that this is just a B**ch blog and dominated by the minority (20-30???) Nothing good will ever come from this blog...it is meaningless to the masses...(no, not just GHQ...)many have come with good intentions, only to never return. Go ahead, tell me to keep drinking the Koolaid(proper spelling by the way)Regardless of whatever else is done until you address the pay and forget about any other LBRs it is all for naught. We love our jobs but it has gotten to the point where we have to lash out on in any forum available. There is is no place in FWC to voice our disgust. How many times have you seen our colonel in the past two years? How many times has she addressed the troops? Are we all stupid? When the majority of officers all feel the same way don't you think its time to find out why? The only officers happy right now are old timer GFC veterans and inland officers living in free homes.

08-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Challenge:::::

Let's say that for one week that folowing people can"t post a comment: I submit to you that this site could be much more productive and serve a purpose:

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Kathy Merit (or whatever her name is now)
Lou Rodriquez
Laird Canfield (no longer employed but living in the past)
and another Citrus Co. Deputy (used to be in Monroe Co.)

If these guys and gals would stop for one week, the negative tone would probably decrease significantly!!!!!!!!!!

08-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Challenge:::::and you are?

Let's say that for one week that folowing people can"t post a comment: I submit to you that this site could be much more productive and serve a purpose:

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Lou Rodriquez

If these guys and gals would stop for one week, the negative tone would probably decrease significantly!!!!!!!!!!

08-06-2008, 01:20 PM

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Lou Rodriquez

Guest521834,

I am with you!!! How can we keep these people from posting?

08-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I know one of these people. If they all are like Steve Thomas I would also agree. He is the most negative outspoken person I have ever worked with. Glad he moved. I have never figured out why people LOVE gossiping about other officers!

08-06-2008, 06:09 PM
I know one of these people. If they all are like Steve Thomas I would also agree. He is the most negative outspoken person I have ever worked with. Glad he moved. I have never figured out why people LOVE gossiping about other officers!Thats why they call him the Reaper.....all he does is spread BAD NEWS...."HAAAAYYY MAAANNNNNN Have YA HEEAARD>>>>>>>>blah blah blah

08-06-2008, 09:22 PM
What--Not liking the cowboy hats and goatess is being negative. Negative, it is just unprofessional!

08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Sounds like someone from the south region throwing names out there. Maybe he/she will have the balls to tell any of the people mentioned their thought on them.

solus
08-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Primarily to Guest521834:
Many families in America have lost loved ones and friends in the military for individuals LIKE YOU (and those that you have listed), to have the freedom to voice their opinions - however positive or negative those comments/statements may be. Additionally, freedom of speech and expression is a right that is guaranteed to all AMERICANS via the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Now, that said, if I were you I would be very cautious considering that specifically naming persons and making statements that are false, if not malicious, against those specific individuals could be considered slanderous, therefore, opening yourself up to possible legal action and creating a dilemma for YOU.

08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Sorry to dissapoint you Mr. or Ms. Guest,

Kathy Merritt has not been posting on this site. I came here tonight because a co-worker told me someone was accusing me of some postings. I hate to disappoint you but it has not been me.

If I have something to say, I will say it and sign my name. I back my comments up with reference information for you to look up and verify and educate yourself so you too can learn about whats going on and not be fooled and have the wool pulled over your eyes.

I challenge you to identify yourself if your going to go around accusing people of things. You had better get your facts straight before you continue.

Fraternally,
Kathy Merritt 8/22/08

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Lou Rodriquez

Guest521834,

I am with you!!! How can we keep these people from posting?

09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I know one of these people. If they all are like Steve Thomas I would also agree. He is the most negative outspoken person I have ever worked with. Glad he moved. I have never figured out why people LOVE gossiping about other officers!Thats why they call him the Reaper.....all he does is spread BAD NEWS...."HAAAAYYY MAAANNNNNN Have YA HEEAARD>>>>>>>>blah blah blahSo TRue...and it still continues to this day. Probally worse than ever.

09-17-2008, 11:43 PM
I know one of these people. If they all are like Steve Thomas I would also agree. He is the most negative outspoken person I have ever worked with. Glad he moved. I have never figured out why people LOVE gossiping about other officers!Thats why they call him the Reaper.....all he does is spread BAD NEWS...."HAAAAYYY MAAANNNNNN Have YA HEEAARD>>>>>>>>blah blah blahSo TRue...and it still continues to this day. Probally worse than ever.Glad you got him now!

09-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Please take him back.....PLEASE!

09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
As a former DUTY OFFICER with FWC West Palm Beach I worked with the officers mentioned in this post. I have to say the officers mentioned were some of the BEST officers in the South Region. When ever there was a problem I could request they respond to handle the incident and they always stepped up to the plate and took the dispatch no matter where they were. Just my opinion, stay safe!!! I am not afraid to post my name. I still enjoy keeping up with the news out of FWC and I am proud to have worked with STEVE, STEVE, LOU, and KATHY!

Former FWC DUTY OFFICER Tony Belmont

Now with FHP JAX

09-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Lou Rodriquez

If these guys and gals would stop for one week, the negative tone would probably decrease significantly!!!!!!!!!!I see three steve's, bet he speaks highly of the FIRST two. We all seem to know the facts about the third Steve.

10-02-2008, 09:41 PM
"Heyyyyyy maaannnnn have ya heard?.............................."
"What did you'll talk about in your meeting?"
Oh, I cant wait to spread that around........

10-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Each of these officers at some point attempted to get us all pay raises. Going to the capital. Writing letters. Writing emails, Calling legislators. Speaking up. Most were very involved with IUPA. Some have given up and left and some are on their way out. I'm sure that will brighten your day in Tallahassee.

Tallahassee really is reading this!

10-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Each of these officers at some point attempted to get us all pay raises. Going to the capital. Writing letters. Writing emails, Calling legislators. Speaking up. Most were very involved with IUPA. Some have given up and left and some are on their way out. I'm sure that will brighten your day in Tallahassee.

Tallahassee really is reading this!One of the above has not done ANYTHING positive for his fellow officers. He is too busy stabbing them in the back and spreading rumors about them. Thats why we all know him as the GRIM REAPER. My thanks to the other officers that have worked towards making our agency a better place to work.

10-13-2008, 01:52 AM

Tallahassee really is reading this!One of the above has not done ANYTHING positive for his fellow officers. He is too busy stabbing them in the back and spreading rumors about them. Thats why we all know him as the GRIM REAPER. My thanks to the other officers that have worked towards making our agency a better place to work.

The guy you keep calling the Grim Reaper is not whom you claim him to be. The Steve you keep trashing actually stayed back from going to Tallahassee and covered two counties so every officer was allowed to go and ask for a pay raise. He also never put us on fuel restrictions or balked at some of the repair bills generated by his officers. For some supervisers a piece of broken gear is an excuse to write up an officer. Not ST, he never wrote up an officer of his that broke something while getting the job done. We can all have our own opinions of fellow officers and we all have had different experiences. Don't go believing everything you hear and read. Lets stop the character assasinations.

10-14-2008, 12:24 AM
They should stop this FWC forum. I would be embarrased if I worked for the FWC. Arent you all ashamed of going to work every day? I would be. Delete this forum!

10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
They should stop this FWC forum. I would be embarrased if I worked for the FWC. Arent you all ashamed of going to work every day? I would be. Delete this forum!

I'm not the least bit embarrassed I work for FWC.
You are making an opinion based on a forum that people use to gripe.
I'll bet half of the complainers don't even work for FWC or are
former employees.
There are changes we would all like to see but every agency has
issues. Too many chiefs bowing down to each other is my biggest gripe.
There isn't a thing I can do about it so I just do my job.

10-16-2008, 02:16 AM
state cops need a raise. the price of food, gas, health care, and everything else going way up but our sht pay staying the same.

10-16-2008, 10:25 PM

The guy you keep calling the Grim Reaper is not whom you claim him to be. The Steve you keep trashing actually stayed back from going to Tallahassee and covered two counties so every officer was allowed to go and ask for a pay raise. He also never put us on fuel restrictions or balked at some of the repair bills generated by his officers. For some supervisers a piece of broken gear is an excuse to write up an officer. Not ST, he never wrote up an officer of his that broke something while getting the job done. We can all have our own opinions of fellow officers and we all have had different experiences. Don't go believing everything you hear and read. Lets stop the character assasinations.He might have done all those nice things....and he may be able to leap tall buildings.....It does NOT take away from stabbing other officers in the back....and constantly running that mouth about everyone! He earned the nick name Grim Reaper on his own accord.

10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
He earned that nick name from always looking for bad news to spread around. If he cant find a negative rumor to spread around, he'll take whatever comes along. He moves from squad to squad "diggin" up news to spread to both end of the state. Worse than the old bitty woman in church.

11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Dear Guest521834,

Anyone can run off anonymously at the keyboard, what have you done to make your agency a better place? With the exception of ST, the rest of the officers you mentioned fought very hard on a lot of issues such as pay, shifts, off duty and more. Perhaps you should drink some more kool-aide, it counters the negative affects.

angelangel
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey all, I used to work for FWC and KNOW many of you. I also know that you guys work your butts off for minimal pay, compared to your counterparts in sheriff's offices. I also know you all love your job. If I may, you are not alone out there. Even though I no longer work for FWC and was never an officer, you are fighting a losing battle when it comes to Tallahassee listening. What you ought to do is question how much money is spent on those stupid commissioner meetings at high-dollar resorts. And you should question why people within FWC are allowed to put down they came back after a certain time so they get that little bit extra per diem -- especially when many of them make much more money than you and all they do is sit on their butts. And you should question not only the commissioner meetings, but all the per diem paid out for an extra night stay because if being on the road puts you back to your home base after a typical 8-hour shift you can spend another night at those high dollar resorts and get per diem the next day too. So what if you go to work at 8 at a commissioner's meeting, and don't get home until 6:30 p.m. You should be MADE to go home unless it puts you in so late. And what about those who imbibe in alcohol during a meal but discuss maybe ONE thing and claim it as worked hours? You wouldn't believe what some do to take money out of YOUR pockets and your family's pockets. I'm not the only one out there who wants what's best, but some of us just got sick and tired of fighting. I know of several people who have been forced out or quit or got fired for trying to do what is right. We still back you, even though we don't back the higher ups. They're not going to listen because they don't want it to cut into their cushy jobs....and believe me, some have very cushy jobs and don't even know how to properly do them. Keep your head up and remember some of us still love you guys!!!!

11-14-2008, 02:27 AM
The problem with the division of law enforcement is its leadership. Starting with Col. Jones they purposely avoid communicating with the field staff for fear of hearing what they already know. One cannot lead without communicating and part of that is listening. If the Colonel turns a deaf ear to her troops than there is no leadership. Leaders must lead by example and Col. Jones is no leader. Just look at the video that we were told to watch about accreditation. If you want professionalism you have have to first look professional. Our Colonel could not even take the time to comb her hair for the video. How many times has our Colonel's leadership team (another over-used term) started a Q and A and never answered the questioned posed by the field? How many times has the Colonel come to your area, spoke to you, and had any real solutions. The answers are always the same. "We're working on it" This leader has not finished one thing I have seen her start. Does anyone else find it a bit odd that she takes annual leave every year during the legislative session?
For some strange reason it took almost seven years to figure out the residency issue. It took about half that long to choose a hat! Man, if it took an officer that long to come to some sort of conclusion we'd be out of a job. Accreditation, please! Then, after doing what amounts to about nothing to get us a raise in salary with most good officers leaving she makes the command decision to waste money on badges. Money that could have been better spent on bonuses. Yes, they really can give those without legislative approval. Now I know some will say that it would have only amounted to a couple of hundred dollars per officer but, we need it! Colonel, please retire.

12-19-2008, 01:33 AM

Steve Sheridan
Steve Hyde
Steve Thomas
Lou Rodriquez

If these guys and gals would stop for one week, the negative tone would probably decrease significantly!!!!!!!!!!Guest 521834, Ofcs. Meritt, Hyde, Canfield, and Cox are no longer employed with FWC.

01-15-2009, 05:08 AM
I think the cowboy hats are hot. Nothing like a sexy country boy